Estes | layoffs

Guess I should have been a hub driver, about 4 guys that got more time with the company are losing there job because they are linehaul.
Laying off by class is just wrong!!!!!!!!!!

Guess I should have been a hub driver, about 4 guys that got more time with the company are losing there job because they are linehaul.
Laying off by class is just wrong!!!!!!!!!!

We chose to work under these conditions thinking the company gave a rats @ss about the working guys.

total company time is how any layoff should be done, i would gladly change class for a few months than be laid off.

why should a city man hired 2 months ago keep his job and layoff guys with years in linehaul?

we have city guys working dock to keep from getting laid off. why cant linehaul drivers do the same?

we have 10 utility drivers that were last ones hired by company in any class. how do they keep working if there is city guys forced to work dock and linehaul getting laid off.

as in other comment how did 3 linehaul with scheduled runs get laid off from a terminal. they do that at ours. then what they use those new utility guys to run the schedules.

last man hired should be first out the door no matter the class. they should at least give senior man a choice, go to work dock or work city till things pick up and let low man go or senior driver can say ill take the layoff.

total company time is how any layoff should be done, i would gladly change class for a few months than be laid off.

why should a city man hired 2 months ago keep his job and layoff guys with years in linehaul?

we have city guys working dock to keep from getting laid off. why cant linehaul drivers do the same?

we have 10 utility drivers that were last ones hired by company in any class. how do they keep working if there is city guys forced to work dock and linehaul getting laid off.

as in other comment how did 3 linehaul with scheduled runs get laid off from a terminal. they do that at ours. then what they use those new utility guys to run the schedules.

last man hired should be first out the door no matter the class. they should at least give senior man a choice, go to work dock or work city till things pick up and let low man go or senior driver can say ill take the layoff.

That would make to munch sense, something Estes does not have anymore.

Because some smuck in Richmond saw this as an easy way to get rid of older drivers pure and simple.From what Im seeing there are going to be only two boards,road and utility.

There is no respect, no loyality, no nothing from Rob and Jr towards their drivers.. Congradulations, it's confirmed, your just a number. They flat out don't care how long you've been here.. period. I've been preaching that drivers need to stand up and use company time for everything. Perhaps that would solve some issues long term even if it don't help all of us now.

I heard there was more cuts on the way. I heard that from from a truck driver. We have about a .07% chance of him knowing what he's talking about. I sure hope he was wrong because i'm on the bottom. I just don't see how this company would survive without me. Lol

This company has always been about the 1year to 8 year employees! Just look at how they let you schedule your vacation time off!

"0" freight in 001 last night. Aint looking good for us working folks. Pulling emties everywhere.

V OTE TEAMSTER IN iTOLD ALL YOU GUYS YEARS AGO IT WAS COMING TO THIS ESTES WAS GOOD CO UNTIL IT CROSSED THE BIG M RIVER AND INTO THE WEST ALL CRYBABIES TO FRONT OF LINE HAVE A LOT OF CRYING TOWELS THE OLD FART B61DRIVER OVER AND OUT

V OTE TEAMSTER IN iTOLD ALL YOU GUYS YEARS AGO IT WAS COMING TO THIS ESTES WAS GOOD CO UNTIL IT CROSSED THE BIG M RIVER AND INTO THE WEST ALL CRYBABIES TO FRONT OF LINE HAVE A LOT OF CRYING TOWELS THE OLD FART B61DRIVER OVER AND OUT

That is the cure..:Off-Topic:Yea,right..The U is in worse trouble than we are..Keep on dreaming b61..