TForce | Leo Suggs Steps Down

I wounder if Leo reads the truckinboards?

He could see in the posts of late that UPS Freight non-union is loosing ground,with the Teamsters,and decided to throw in the towel.

But being his advanced age,I'm surprised he didn't retire sooner.
Like after UPS first bought out all the Overnite stock.
I'm sure that he had a fair amount of stock as a part of his bounus package.

Lets put it this way,I think he wants to enjoy all of his millions while he's still healthy.

Either way we can plainly see that UPS is on the move to transision us into their total trucking,and transportation group of companies.

Did you think Ovnt mgmt was going to stay in charge? Everyone knew that sooner than later Ups management would take over...now thats a no brainer........

Johnnybegood said:
Did you think Ovnt mgmt was going to stay in charge? Everyone knew that sooner than later Ups management would take over...now thats a no brainer........
JBG,
When I said that Leo was just there collecting a paycheck after the DVD propoaganda BS it was you and Skeeter who said I was wrong and just guessing............you never cease to amaze us here.

Leo

Leo gone, Gordon is all that stands between the old "O" and the new UPSF and I don't see him staying around much longer either. Ups already has their man second in command. A little more time and things will really swing into the UPS way of doing things.:Rulz:

Old School said:
Leo gone, Gordon is all that stands between the old "O" and the new UPSF and I don't see him staying around much longer either. Ups already has their man second in command. A little more time and things will really swing into the UPS way of doing things.:Rulz:
You know I was just thinking the same. Gordon is a piece of work too, especially after the DVD crap. My prediction, he is gone by years end. Out with the old and in with the new!!

Just my 2 cents, but many of you younger fellas might not know that Suggs was the only thing that kept Union Pacific from shutting you down about 10 years ago. O'nite was losing money, morale was at an all time low, and the Teamsters had all but organized you. Suggs came in and turned the place around and UP was able to spin you off rather than close you down. There is a lot of history there and you ought to check it out. I'm sure older hands like KK remember this.

I don't know what has happened recently, but I do know that if it were not for Leo Suggs, there would not have been an Overnite for UPS to buy. Don't get me wrong, I'm not president of the Suggs fan club, but I do think its important to remember the good things he has done.

Whats the deal with the DVD...... for those of us not in the loop. What was it about and why was it so bad?

Nobody remembers the real Leo Suggs.

Nobody,
Great post. We all have a job, but no one wants to thank the people who helped us keep a job. Sometimes I wonder what we are coming to. My daddy told me, "Son if you are going to take the man's money, always make sure that you say Thank You."

nobody said:
There is a lot of history there and you ought to check it out. I'm sure older hands like KK remember this.....Nobody remembers the real Leo Suggs.

Yeah there is, and if I was to say what I really feel....I would be kicked off this website in a heartbeat!!

I am not a fan of Leo Slugg. Not when he was at Preston, and not when he was at Yellow!

Too many employees and their families (both Union and non-union) lives were affected by him....he...ah never mind, I better shut up now!.....KK :ranting2:

Apostolic said:
He could see in the posts of late that UPS Freight non-union is loosing ground,with the Teamsters,and decided to throw in the towel.

But being his advanced age,I'm surprised he didn't retire sooner.
Like after UPS first bought out all the Overnite stock.
I'm sure that he had a fair amount of stock as a part of his bounus package.

Lets put it this way,I think he wants to enjoy all of his millions while he's still healthy.

Either way we can plainly see that UPS is on the move to transision us into their total trucking,and transportation group of companies.

Mr. AP....Leo is only 4 years older than you.
Are you ready to retire due to your advanced age?.....LOL.....KK :smilie_132:

nobody said:
I remember the real Leo Suggs too. I won't go into detail, but let's surmise that except for feeling sorry for the Preston People, I was very glad to see that he was leaving Yellow.

nobody said:
Whats the deal with the DVD...... for those of us not in the loop. What was it about and why was it so bad?

It was a tasteless an unecessary rant on why we should avoid joining the union...again. Leo caught a bit of bad press for it and had to be bailed out by the UPS prez, who at the time was bargaining with the Teamsters to start early contract negotiations.

Leo may know how to run a business, but it comes at the expense of the bottom level workers. And if Overnite did fold under Leo, he still would have walked away without a scratch.

Leo Suggs saved Overnite...But i'm not sad he's stepping down...The DVD showed the true meaning of the teamsters and how they used violence to try to organize Overnite....

nobody said:
Just my 2 cents, but many of you younger fellas might not know that Suggs was the only thing that kept Union Pacific from shutting you down about 10 years ago. O'nite was losing money, morale was at an all time low, and the Teamsters had all but organized you. Suggs came in and turned the place around and UP was able to spin you off rather than close you down. There is a lot of history there and you ought to check it out. I'm sure older hands like KK remember this.

I don't know what has happened recently, but I do know that if it were not for Leo Suggs, there would not have been an Overnite for UPS to buy. Don't get me wrong, I'm not president of the Suggs fan club, but I do think its important to remember the good things he has done.

I agree....