XPO | LHG Harlingen TX Rejects Teamsters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sure can and I provided a link to support my position, which is full of statistics gathered by the US Department of Labor Statistics.

I see where you're misunderstanding things.

I was talking about the Election, which is specifically defined. Like as in, whoever gets more votes wins.

You're talking about who does better, which is purely subjective.

Yes they are, so well that they gave huge bonuses to the upper echelon. Do you have more to say on the concessions? Do you really want to go there? I'm ready to stand my ground on it all.

Stand your ground, if it makes you feel better that you're concessions fund huge bonuses forth the big boys.

And far as comparisons, we make more per hour, get more vacation, pay a little bit for our insurance than you do for dues, and your pension looks better for now (but it's a ponzi scheme, and will crash eventually).

Tell me more, I'm always looking for a better deal. As for me I'm stuck at $23.33 or so per hour with OT after 8 and on Saturdays, double time on Sundays and Holidays. All I get is four weeks vacation, five sick days and four personal days. I am free to criticize the operation of the company when due and will feel no repercussions. I am currently able to collect $4300 per month if I want to retire, which cost me nothing out of pocket and the fund I am in is not in bad shape. And it is in better shape as of Jan 1, 2014 than it was Jan 1, 2013 so I'm liking that trend. I pay nothing for medical insurance expect for the copays when I go to the doctor and they are in the $15 per visit range. My dues are $57 per month.

How good will I have it when I make that jump?

Tell me more, I'm always looking for a better deal. As for me I'm stuck at $23.33 or so per hour with OT after 8 and on Saturdays, double time on Sundays and Holidays. All I get is four weeks vacation, five sick days and four personal days. I am free to criticize the operation of the company when due and will feel no repercussions. I am currently able to collect $4300 per month if I want to retire, which cost me nothing out of pocket and the fund I am in is not in bad shape. And it is in better shape as of Jan 1, 2014 than it was Jan 1, 2013 so I'm liking that trend. I pay nothing for medical insurance expect for the copays when I go to the doctor and they are in the $15 per visit range. My dues are $57 per month.

How good will I have it when I make that jump?

I'm not suggesting you make a jump, but if you did, you may see $27.10 per hour (starting next month), overtime after 8, 5 day work week, up to 6 weeks off per year, home every day, no pension to speak of, but a 401K with company contributions, medical cost similar to your union dues, a little more, or a little less, depending on your choice of plans (we get a choice). And you would feel right at home, with all the criticism of the company you could stand.

Now, are you claiming we could get what you have, if only we vote yes?

That extra $4/hr is a good start, when can I get that? And I'd like more vacation too, and how many personal and sick days will I get with it? And you pay around $57/month ins premium copay? That is low compared to many others. Any pension would have to be negotiated along with everything else and I do not believe you would go into a Teamsters fund.

That extra $4/hr is a good start, when can I get that? And I'd like more vacation too, and how many personal and sick days will I get with it? And you pay around $57/month ins premium copay? That is low compared to many others. Any pension would have to be negotiated along with everything else and I do not believe you would go into a Teamsters fund.

You can get it after three years. And personal, sick, and vacation days are all rolled into one.

Look, I don't expect you to leave the union. I really couldn't care less.

Just don't get offended if I say Con-Way drivers are, for the most part, not interested.

What I see happening is a genuine shortage of drivers, which in turn forces the companies to sweeten the pot for the available workers. Conway always did offer just enough to keep the union out. They knew exactly what the union workers got as they were double breasting with CF and the Conway systems and they did what they had to do. Whether the workers vote to go union is their choice and whichever side get the most votes is deemed the winner. For all I don't like about the Teamsters right now, my opinion is that all workers would be better off if we were all union again. I also feel like our country could be doing much better if it was run differently.

Obviously facts are not going to influence the votes. It's sad that guys don't look at how much has been lost over the last 15yrs, and realize this company is not changing. The company will change for the moment, but, they will be emboldened by the no votes. You guys better live for the moment, because your future is getting darker.

That was some good banter back and forth between ABFer and CCX ..... I actually read every post and was tempted to join in but chose to remain neutral ... Most know my stance on unions so choosing a side would not have been productive in the continuation of that witty banter .... I have always said that a union would not be a bad thing for Conway ... My point from the very beginning was that the union would never gain the leverage they needed to get in .... Just like Overnite. It appears my statement is very close to coming true.

That was some good banter back and forth between ABFer and CCX ..... I actually read every post and was tempted to join in but chose to remain neutral ... Most know my stance on unions so choosing a side would not have been productive in the continuation of that witty banter .... I have always said that a union would not be a bad thing for Conway ... My point from the very beginning was that the union would never gain the leverage they needed to get in .... Just like Overnite. It appears my statement is very close to coming true.
Yes, very close to coming true. Unfortunately I am an optimist wereas you are a realist. You have been quite insightful.

As things go , I would like a counterbalance to the heavyhanded management. The improvements we have seen of the past few months have been a direct result of the THREAT of unionization.

If we have been offered more due to the THREAT of unionization , why not push further and get more. Not to be greedy , but to be smart. If you are against the union you still want to earn a good living and have a decent balance for family and work. If you're honest with yourself , you know NO GOOD CHANGES OVER THE PAST 5 YEARS HAVE OCCURRED WITHOUT THE THREAT OF THE UNION.

I want things to continue to improve at Con-way but I cannot see the current management doing anything positive for the drivers ( the backbone of the company ) without the THREAT of unionization.

Stand your ground, if it makes you feel better that you're concessions fund huge bonuses forth the big boys.

And far as comparisons, we make more per hour, get more vacation, pay a little bit for our insurance than you do for dues, and your pension looks better for now (but it's a ponzi scheme, and will crash eventually).

Ignorant!!!!!!!!!

I'm not suggesting you make a jump, but if you did, you may see $27.10 per hour (starting next month), overtime after 8, 5 day work week, up to 6 weeks off per year, home every day, no pension to speak of, but a 401K with company contributions, medical cost similar to your union dues, a little more, or a little less, depending on your choice of plans (we get a choice). And you would feel right at home, with all the criticism of the company you could stand.

Now, are you claiming we could get what you have, if only we vote yes?

You are one funny dude!! Ignorance is a dangerous thing!!!

You Men at Conway need to think this through. Look at the history of Conway. Look at what they have taken away from you since the new era of management has taken the lead. Since 2006 no pension plan, vacation has been changed ro benefit the company. You have drive cam .etc. Millions wasted on buying CCFI Corporate greed at its finest. Do you really think that they have your best interest at heart????

You Men at Conway need to think this through. Look at the history of Conway. Look at what they have taken away from you since the new era of management has taken the lead. Since 2006 no pension plan, vacation has been changed ro benefit the company. You have drive cam .etc. Millions wasted on buying CCFI Corporate greed at its finest. Do you really think that they have your best interest at heart????
And it's our choice to stay or leave.

And it's our choice to stay or leave.
Absolutely true ... Many have lost sight of that .... Also that managements job is to keep the company making money ... Which keeps them out of bankruptcy and provides job security for thousands ... Many CEO's have made poor decisions that have sent their companies into bankruptcy ... Conway executives must be doing something right. Maybe not everything right .... But somethings right.... And you can't deny that.... Staying in business in this competitive market says something.

Status
Not open for further replies.