XPO | LHG Harlingen TX Rejects Teamsters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good for you, lets see how long that lasts when they find out abf will be around $25 in 201. You can keep that extra $2.00 it don't add up to my pension & healthcare....

Pension they are robbing you of as we speak. Health care will disappear in 2018. Keep your head in the sand. Everything is roses.

Oh, so you voted for sub-standard pay from a profitable carrier, and locked it in for a few years?

I'm sure that makes it feel much better.

And just think, you'll get the chance to do it again in 2018!
Were almost like you now, only difference is we vote on it & they just take it from you...

Good for you, lets see how long that lasts when they find out abf will be around $25 in 201. You can keep that extra $2.00 it don't add up to my pension & healthcare....

True. Our compensation doesn't come close. Peeps don't value income down the road. They see what gets flashed in front of them in the here and now....kinda like an infant distracted by a ring of jingling keys.

So, we're going up to 27.10 in January. If we were union, we wouldn't get that until 2018?

Hmmm, let me run out and sign a card now.......

so you will be how much less than upsf? with garbage benefits and a joke of a retirement plan? you guys would have to be over 30 an hour for what losing that pension cost you....

Right, his "free" health-care.

Nothing in life is free. He pays for it with his sub-standard pay rate.

its not substandard, they have to compete with guys like you who have sacraficed their retirement plan and benefits to get a raise.

im waiting for you guys to get your OT cut, to compete with OD. but they will give you a raise to UPSF rate, minus the OT! and some of you guys will be on here cheering for it....

Oh, so you voted for sub-standard pay from a profitable carrier, and locked it in for a few years?

I'm sure that makes it feel much better.

And just think, you'll get the chance to do it again in 2018!

unfortunately, WE get to compete with the likes of you, who seem to think anything PAST the hourly rate is up to give back for a minimal raise.

Pension they are robbing you of as we speak. Health care will disappear in 2018. Keep your head in the sand. Everything is roses.

they arent robbing anyone of anything. the pension reform is to make sure its funded. last i knew, you said you will never see a penny of what youre owed. you will definetly get it now, right?

Last edited:
The pension reform is to insure that I, mark it, I will pay taxes to insure the minimum payout to your pension fund. Screw that! I'm taking care of me and mine. Why don't you? Quit depending on the Gov. bailout. OH DON'T CUT RETIRED BENIFITS TO MAYBE SAVE THE UNDERFUNDED PLANS> PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE MR. GOVERMENT. SAVE ME! BAIL MY POOR ASS OUT! Press on

so you will be how much less than upsf? with garbage benefits and a joke of a retirement plan? you guys would have to be over 30 an hour for what losing that pension cost you....

Drivers can't see past their pocket cash and the corporation knows it. As an example, when we would get raises, our health insurance costs would rise. There would be some grumbling here and there. But every thing was alright because we got a raise and we are making $XX an hour.

yay!

When the corporation decided to renege on their pension obligations to us, they didn't speak about pension reform but spoke of how wonderful this new and improved 401K catch up plan is. About how you can take it with you and that in all practical purposes, it replaces the pension plan. 99% of us bought into it while a few of us saw it was only going to be a couple of pennies on the pension dollar. It was crap but my co-workers saw it as a wonderful thing. We also got a raise!....and our health insurance went up.

yay!

I left that meeting understanding they just killed our retirement. I also predicted the corporation would kill the "replacement retirement" in 2 years. (Please remember; what I save in my 401K is absolutely irrelevant to this topic.)

I was dead wrong. It took 3 years. And they never discussed any of this with us except to weave tales of how wonderful the corporation is over and over again. To further that, and through all of that, the corporation has reminded us just how evil the unions are. And my co-workers continue to buy into it today. How could we not think the way we do when the corporation consistently tells us how to think.

Anybody remember the name of that lobbyist outfit we hired to grease the palms of politicians concerning today's pension reform?

The pension reform is to insure that I, mark it, I will pay taxes to insure the minimum payout to your pension fund. Screw that! I'm taking care of me and mine. Why don't you? Quit depending on the Gov. bailout. OH DON'T CUT RETIRED BENIFITS TO MAYBE SAVE THE UNDERFUNDED PLANS> PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE MR. GOVERMENT. SAVE ME! BAIL MY POOR ASS OUT! Press on

didnt read a damn word of the pension reform bill, huh? ****ing clueless, what a suprise....its not a bailout......

Are they really turning a profit, when drivers are working at a reduced wage?

Isn't it more like they taking the cash the drivers give them, and congratulating themselves for making so much money?

Anyway, the economy hit us hard too, but that was years ago. If you can't make money now, well.........
Well, let's see. In order to survive the company asked for monetary help. You know, bring it down to the nons level? Our compensation isn't what you take home ever week. Our benefits are worth more that a buck or two an hour. When we bleed the entire industry feels it.

As things go , I would like a counterbalance to the heavyhanded management. The improvements we have seen of the past few months have been a direct result of the THREAT of unionization.

If we have been offered more due to the THREAT of unionization , why not push further and get more. Not to be greedy , but to be smart. If you are against the union you still want to earn a good living and have a decent balance for family and work. If you're honest with yourself , you know NO GOOD CHANGES OVER THE PAST 5 YEARS HAVE OCCURRED WITHOUT THE THREAT OF THE UNION.

I want things to continue to improve at Con-way but I cannot see the current management doing anything positive for the drivers ( the backbone of the company ) without the THREAT of unionization.

I wish all of you luck in your endeavors and hope you get want you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.