XPO | LHG Harlingen TX Rejects Teamsters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a tidbit of information .... Did you guys know that Zollars daughter is married to Rick O'dell the CEO at Saia .... Perhaps he's been getting advice from his father-in-law about things not to do ... After all Saia had a record profit for the 3rd quarter of 2014 .... And Saia is getting stronger and growing by leaps and bounds ... It's a small world in the LTL business I suppose ... I wonder how they met? Inquiring minds want to know.
Yes and at one time Yellow owned SAIA
The only company that Yellow bought and spun off that is still operating today. The rest were ***** and pillaged and kicked to the curb

You could have been working for YRC. History tells me they're never going to get it back.

unfortunately, with you guys only getting a 2 or 3 % contribution to a 401k, along with mediocre benefits, your "raises" are just shifts in your overall compensation. what next, another "raise" to offset them cutting your OT after 8? or having road drivers get paid 7.50 for line 4 time?

Let me explain it to you. Let's say we're both P&D drivers. I like to work 40 hours per week, but you're an overtime hog. Then sure, you would make more than I do per week, even though my hourly wage is highe
r.

If you want to compare wages, it has to be equal in that respect, if you want an honest analysis.

So the way to do it is to compare how much we each make per hour, not by comparing paychecks (as you suggested).

That's crazy at least!!! You are big time brain washed, and Im not an overtime hog!! I'm a road driver no overtime for me!!! You take my hours spent and your hours spent and lets see how it works out ole buddy!!!! Beside that I told you I work right at 50 hours a week!! Takes me 10 to 10 1-4 hours a day to run my turn!! Not counting break downs or delays which I have no control over!! But I get paid for every second!!! Except My Nap Time!! You take your hours you are actually there and I will do the same and you might just be surprised!! But never mind all that, if I'm on their property they are gonna pay me plain and simple !!! I can sit in my recliner for that free crap!!!

That's crazy at least!!! You are big time brain washed, and Im not an overtime hog!! I'm a road driver no overtime for me!!! You take my hours spent and your hours spent and lets see how it works out ole buddy!!!! Beside that I told you I work right at 50 hours a week!! Takes me 10 to 10 1-4 hours a day to run my turn!! Not counting break downs or delays which I have no control over!! But I get paid for every second!!! Except My Nap Time!! You take your hours you are actually there and I will do the same and you might just be surprised!! But never mind all that, if I'm on their property they are gonna pay me plain and simple !!! I can sit in my recliner for that free crap!!!
I always like it when you can take a free crap on company time :shhit:

Are they really turning a profit, when drivers are working at a reduced wage?

Isn't it more like they taking the cash the drivers give them, and congratulating themselves for making so much money?

Anyway, the economy hit us hard too, but that was years ago. If you can't make money now, well.........

LOL, this could have been written by one of us...about us! Please cross-reference quoted post to post bellow.....Uncanny!!!

Is Conway really turning a profit when drivers are working at reduced compensation?

Isn't it more like taking the pension, 1 yr of vacation, crappy healthcare, 10 hrs OT we give them and then they congratulate themselves for making so much money?

Anyway, the economy hit us hard too, but that was years ago. If you can't make money now, well.......

Ohhh, I think I just had a flashback.......
My head hurts.

Stand your ground, if it makes you feel better that you're concessions fund huge bonuses forth the big boys.

And far as comparisons, we make more per hour, get more vacation, pay a little bit for our insurance than you do for dues, and your pension looks better for now (but it's a ponzi scheme, and will crash eventually).
It wasent a concession it was our contract. The concessions they wanted were voted down....

Or, the union could just tell us the company needed concessions from us, and that we should agree to them.

YRC's and ABF's contracts aren't looking so hot right about now.

Con-Way is making money hand over fist, yet those two need the employees to give back? And the union blesses this?

No thanks.
Dident Conway take 5% off of you & slash your bonus a few years ago?

Yep, I thought you said they were losing? It takes time to undo what one man did. Turning a huge negative into a positive. You didn't have Zollars destroying your company did you? No, you didn't. You stopped chipping in but they were damned reluctant to return anything you lost right? YRC should be past the worst of it. New investors on board. Debt was renegotiated. It's a tough road for YRC for sure. Not out of the woods by a long shot. They still pay benefits and now turned a profit. Back up to a time before Zollars tried to buy a monopoly. The stability of that company would have not been an issue. Neither would ABF. Thank your lucky stars they made it. If not, you would think that what little you have left is a gold mine.

We had Labrie. And he damn near bankrupted this company.

So, we're going up to 27.10 in January. If we were union, we wouldn't get that until 2018?

Hmmm, let me run out and sign a card now.......

Wait until he finds out that the Obamacare hits him a2018 and he is gonna be paying for his health care.

It was a contract vote not concessions/giveback vote....

Oh, so you voted for sub-standard pay from a profitable carrier, and locked it in for a few years?

I'm sure that makes it feel much better.

And just think, you'll get the chance to do it again in 2018!

Status
Not open for further replies.