FedEx Freight | LineHaul Realignment

Calm down let's wait and see what happens on Wednesday .
I'm with you Smoke most of the meetings are just corpate babble that they think we need to hear. May not be great exciting news but probably not all that bad. Fuel prices....Health care....Compatition....and we all need to pull together type stuff

every one needs to calm down,wow you think its the end of the world the way some of you sound, but one of the things is that there going to try to eliminate purchase vans going out west,and the way there going to do that is by using fedex ground to haul our freight out west this will keep the money we spend on purchase vans $3000.00 per trip in our own pockets as a company,i think its a good deal,but will wait and see. as for the other stuff i know nothing about yet. everyone needs to keep there head up and stay positive.:1036316054:

The company has been pretty tight lipped
and I'm thinking what we are hearing is just
parking lot chatter. Like I said let's just wait
another 24 hours and we will all know.

I think I found a clue to the meeting with this link.

Stashy - FedEx carying UPS - Funny by Funny-Images
That's funny now, I don't care who you are, that's funny.

But seriously people, I just can't relate to some who are actually losing sleep and biting fingernails over what might be revealed in a meeting. Losing a job at Fedex Freight would be way down my priority list of things to worry about.

My take is this:
1. I am in no way trying to trivialize the impact of a major job upheaval or loss, but the fact is there are more important things, MANY more important things to worry about, and I couple that statement with the fact that I fully comprehend that even if they were to announce in the meeting that effective today they are permenantly closing the doors and going out of buisness, there is absolutely NOTHING I could do about it, so I'm sure Mr. Spock would agree that worrying about it would be "illogical".

2. If still worried, see number 1 above. :hide:

Ours is 615 in the morning and I'm due back pretty early. Rumour mill from a couple of the big time daylight road drivers are that the bottom 5 on the sen. board{me] Might want to have another job lined up. Normally I try to avoid this kind of stuff but the truth is I'm tired of sitting by the phone anyway, tired of wondering if I'll get 3 nights in this week, blah, blah, blah..... some of you know what I mean.

Ours is 615 in the morning and I'm due back pretty early. Rumour mill from a couple of the big time daylight road drivers are that the bottom 5 on the sen. board{me] Might want to have another job lined up. Normally I try to avoid this kind of stuff but the truth is I'm tired of sitting by the phone anyway, tired of wondering if I'll get 3 nights in this week, blah, blah, blah..... some of you know what I mean.

hooty you know better then to listen to channel 4 news, the daylight guys have no clue what it is about..heck i am a redshirt and even i dont know what it is about.

I'm going to ask tomorrow when I go into work. Also I have a road driver calling me back tonight. To let me know what he knows. I'm down here in south Texas and he said he was going to call someone in Florida. To see what they know. So I let you all know tomorrow what I find out about these road runs.

Just heard from a RKI driver, they are losing 3 short day meets (LOU/DAY) to DSM, 3 can transfer with seniority, 6 drivers affected in RKI. Also CGX freight to BOS will go on FedEx Ground pups to fill an empty lane for them and take that freight from a shiny wheel Barr-Nunn driver.

All I have,

roog

We wre just notified in the meeting this morning that 4 IND. day runs and the 4 at night for a total 8 are gone to STN. We were told that if 8 drivers do not transfer to STN we will be separated from the company..... permanently.

hooty you know better then to listen to channel 4 news, the daylight guys have no clue what it is about..heck i am a redshirt and even i dont know what it is about.

It was all true unfortunately. The big wheel came in this morning and in a nutshell it was all bad. 8 drivers will have to relocate to STN or their positions will be done away with, no possibility of returning to the city even at the bottom; only offered sup. dock if we did'nt take what he offered. I believe my days of bragging about what a great company this is are at an abrupt end. Be careful what you wish for in this life people, you might get it.

In CLT we will be gaining 9 runs while losing 2. Between GSP and AVL 11 drivers will have the opportunity to dovetail in. 1 CLT driver will be allowed to dovetail to SAV. I think that's right.........

we were unaffected
watched a film that said since we can drive 11 hours nowdays instead of the 10 we used to. that some meet and turns will change. might just go straight to a hub or another center on a more direct route

Approximately 30 out of TOL 20 out of DAY and 4 out of MFD. All have the option to dovetail into FRE. I know allot of these guys and sincerely wish them the best. I know this would be a tough decision with kids and trying to sell a house.But what do ya do? In these times you almost have to follow the work.

It's still a good job. How long has it been since we saw such a big change. People have an opportunity to move with seniority. What do people want them to do? Keep their job and pay for it out of profit? It does suck if your effected. It's probably going to get worse with this Bush economy before it gets better.