FedEx Freight | LineHaul Realignment

everyone knows bugeye anit that tall

You are about two post away from weeks of fury from me... Remember, I can still make your job hell.. even from a couple of hours away...

would suck if your door control became out of whack in the middle of your shift and everything hit the bays... City drivers getting messages to drop trailers on the yard from their handhelds, etc etc etc...

:hide::1036316054:

You are about two post away from weeks of fury from me... Remember, I can still make your job hell.. even from a couple of hours away...

would suck if your door control became out of whack in the middle of your shift and everything hit the bays... City drivers getting messages to drop trailers on the yard from their handhelds, etc etc etc...

:hide::1036316054:

:Bondage: i am sorry...o great one:bowdown:

Nominated for the first post in the new Hot Girly Man thread....Probably likes the real greasy dollies. I gotta go throw up or gouge my eyeballs out.

WFT_Road

I am a road driver in WFT.... WFT is a relay center and I heard the relays got hit the worst. we are losing our 7 day runs(4 meets with SGF and 3 meets with LIT) . Also,the freight the guys bring back from these 7 runs are ran at night to LBB (7 bids). We will go from 18 bids and 1 xtra...to 6 bids and 1 xtra. 2 guys can follow to AMA and 6 to LBB. I am loving life right now

I am a road driver in WFT.... WFT is a relay center and I heard the relays got hit the worst. we are losing our 7 day runs(4 meets with SGF and 3 meets with LIT) . Also,the freight the guys bring back from these 7 runs are ran at night to LBB (7 bids). We will go from 18 bids and 1 xtra...to 6 bids and 1 xtra. 2 guys can follow to AMA and 6 to LBB. I am loving life right now

I came through WFT yesterday afternoon and I could tell the mood wasn't good.WE got nailed at my center too.

Ikinda know what you guys mean, I'm at the bottom of the heap myself with this going on. I have to transfer to stn or lose my job, still dont know the right thing to do. Moving there is out of the question at this time and I will be worse off in the long run, 1.50 hr drive each way to work or if I choose to get an apmt still losing out with food, rent and not seeing my wife. If I stay here and commute I would hope that I could get a little more heads up for call block because of the world famous I81 collisions and missing gate times or do I stay there and lose more on the rent and food, get cancelled on any night and think I can go home to my wife to visit through the week and still have to call in at 22.00. I want to make a go of it if possible but who knows in this economy how long most of us will have a job. People first... should be purple fist right in my gut. I should be happy I still have a job at all but this will be tough. Good luck to all of you that have to deal with this like me, it might not be as bad as we think.

I won't claim my crystal ball is clear but if it were me, I'd TRY (not easy to do, I know) to consider the following:

We're half way through the calendar year. Many (not most, certainly not all) economic type folks expect the economy to start picking up (hopefully early) in 2009. So somewhere around 6 more months of doom and gloom. Of course, in our industry, we won't come through the winter blahs until March'ish.

Hopefully, these changes will result in more freight, especially the next day and second day lanes.

All told, we may be in the midst of the roughest part right now with some daylight on the horizon. (As a company. Probably not a lot of daylight for those that are being affected, BUT we've had a good track record of these changes being successful in the past, as they've given us the ability to perform at such high levels.)

Best of luck to all who are struggling to make the right decision.

FXF OAF

Thanks for all the positive feedback fellas. I'm gonna do my best to make a go of it at my new domicile in july. Its gonna be less money and more exspences(sp?) but theres really nowhere else to go these days.I Pray that all these guys that are going through this mess wiil keep their chin up.

Reconfiguration

My heart goes out to all of the families affected by the recent shake-ups. I also want to remind everyone else...it probably aint over yet. Guess it never really will be. It is the nature of the biz.The thing I took from the video about this was how much they want to go hub to hub direct. So, if you run relays at your center and didn't get hit yet...maybe you might wanna pad the 'ol savings account. Because if there is a way for them to get that freight A to B to C instead of A to B to C to D they'll do it. A no brainer? Probably. Also, the big freight co's smell blood. They are positioning themselves to eat up as much of the market as possible when the weaker co's die due to fuel prices. Just a thought.

My heart goes out to all of the families affected by the recent shake-ups. I also want to remind everyone else...it probably aint over yet. Guess it never really will be. It is the nature of the biz.The thing I took from the video about this was how much they want to go hub to hub direct. So, if you run relays at your center and didn't get hit yet...maybe you might wanna pad the 'ol savings account. Because if there is a way for them to get that freight A to B to C instead of A to B to C to D they'll do it. A no brainer? Probably. Also, the big freight co's smell blood. They are positioning themselves to eat up as much of the market as possible when the weaker co's die due to fuel prices. Just a thought.
Let all hope the first cut is the deepest. Good luck to all affected. capitlism sucks but it the best we got going.

My management at my center is talking about making the city one big "extra board" We will bid start times and they will assign us a route according to "the needs of the company" what a crock of crap!!!!! This will be the straw that breaks the camel's back. No way with 11 years seniority I'm going to run a hand unload or inside delivery route while a newbie runs a volume or a swap/switch. Not going to happen to me. I'll throw the bills back through the window and go home:1036316054:

And who gets hurt by that....the newbie that is working or you that isn't making a dime, or having to burn a vacation day. :poster_stupid:

hey fl4856 you and gtrdone are really giving bugeye alot of credit.be careful how much you drink, could be new family photo. just kidding.