ABF | local by local

I think a lot of the extra non voting numbers are the casual members they let vote this time. They came up with like 9500 teamsters working here. Last contract was about 8500. Don’t know where all these extra drivers are coming from. The boards I see really haven’t added drivers as far as the road side anyways. Who knows I guess?

That's a very good point. Flooding the voting roles with guys not yet on the seniority list.......and let's not forget who controls the AMOUNT of casuals......probably did have an impact on this election.....

And the IBT allowed it.........Probably not a stirring historical moment for Mr. Soehl and Co.....Time and history have a way of removing all the flack and chaff,...and reducing things to.....facts.

Labor history won't remember Mess'r's. Johnson and Sweeton too kindly.........

The ECR is from the last International election list....it is used to send out the ballots for a particular group in the craft that is voting....the returns are checked off by the TITAN bookkeeping system that will ONLY ALLOW RETURNED BALLOTS BY MEMBERS IN GOOD STANDING ONLY....You may of had 5,000 members from one group in the last election that got ballots, only to have 4,500 who are now members in good standing. This who have since retired would be on the last list....only to be excluded from this ballot vote this time....there ain't no there there, so quit with with it all ready.

The ECR is from the last International election list....it is used to send out the ballots for a particular group in the craft that is voting....the returns are checked off by the TITAN bookkeeping system that will ONLY ALLOW RETURNED BALLOTS BY MEMBERS IN GOOD STANDING ONLY....You may of had 5,000 members from one group in the last election that got ballots, only to have 4,500 who are now members in good standing. This who have since retired would be on the last list....only to be excluded from this ballot vote this time....there ain't no there there, so quit with with it all ready.
I wanna know how non dues paying casuals get to vote, or if they even do get the vote? If they are not paying dues they shouldn’t be able to vote rite?

I wanna know how non dues paying casuals get to vote, or if they even do get the vote? If they are not paying dues they shouldn’t be able to vote rite?

If they aren't paying dues then they are not "members in good standing".

If they aren't paying dues then they are not "members in good standing".
I’d like the numbers on that myself. I didn’t know casuals paid dues. I never was a casual so I’m supposed....
“Confused” is what that’s supposed to be.

Last edited:
I’d like the numbers on that myself. I didn’t know casuals paid dues. I never was a casual so I’m supposed
If you were laid off from 1 company and went to work casual for another, you would be paying cash dues and you would be a member in good standing. You can do that for 6 months before you would need to take a withdrawal card or get on a seniority list in the crafts in your local .

If you were laid off from 1 company and went to work casual for another, you would be paying cash dues and you would be a member in good standing. You can do that for 6 months before you would need to take a withdrawal card or get on a seniority list in the crafts in your local .

I’d like the numbers on that myself. I didn’t know casuals paid dues. I never was a casual so I’m supposed

Years ago casuals paid dues in order to work. Stewards usually checked casuals on the jobs. I don't know about today.

I started in KC. There was no casual guys there then at least. You had 30 days probation and that was it.

See what I mean ? There already trying to locate the yes voters! Ridiculous ! It's almost like the Hilary voter won't accept Trumps win. Now who are the deplorables?
Local numbers were released, did they locate you? Are you being held hostage? Are you still hiding in your office? Guess it will be another 5 years until you & several others start posting your BS....

Local numbers were released, did they locate you? Are you being held hostage? Are you still hiding in your office? Guess it will be another 5 years until you & several others start posting your BS....[/QUOTE/]
NMFA is over , now get back to work and Rollin will see ya in 5!

Years ago casuals paid dues in order to work. Stewards usually checked casuals on the jobs. I don't know about today.

Casuals have to pay dues in each Local worked,....even if it's for one day. As a former steward, I was held responsible by the Local for following up whether casuals paid their dues.

It was a ....hardship.....for some guys in this area,..where the two major Locals were only 25 miles apart,....and guys living in one jurisdiction actually worked in another. And,.....when a casual work opportunity arose closer to their home,....in the other jurisdiction,....they had to pay dues there also,.......even for just one day.

I had thought it would be more fair,....if dues weren't charged to casuals unless they had worked three days in a jurisdiction,....
But,...it was explained to me that contractual coverage started the minute a casual punched a time clock in each jurisdiction,....since the contract provided provisions for establishing casual lists, and daily "casual" pension fund payments.

We had guys working both the Pittsburgh and Greensburg, Pa. terminals,....just to get a five day pay as a casual. Paid dues to both....