FedEx Freight | Low Moral

fedex sucks for those on the bottom of the board....

And for those in the city (from bottom to top), those in the office, and even the red shirts... It REALLY sucks to be them.

Work harder, make less $ (adjusted for inflation), and still get pestered to do more...

I think there is a huge disconnect between Corp and local level. Middle management skews the message so bad, by the time is gets to the local level it is so twisted is has nothing in common with the original intent. They just want to run the numbers long enough to get the next gig and move up, then it's the next smuck's problem.

And for those in the city (from bottom to top), those in the office, and even the red shirts... It REALLY sucks to be them.

Work harder, make less $ (adjusted for inflation), and still get pestered to do more...

I think there is a huge disconnect between Corp and local level. Middle management skews the message so bad, by the time is gets to the local level it is so twisted is has nothing in common with the original intent. They just want to run the numbers long enough to get the next gig and move up, then it's the next smuck's problem.

It sucks for you, maybe you should look yourself in the mirror. This is a great company to work for. Ask yourself, what would you be doing if you didnt work for FedEx? I dont know what you do, but City driver is a cake job. for 23 or 24 dollars an hour, OT after 8, weekends off, paid time off, great benefits, it doesnt get much better for people who never went to College. And even if you have College, it isnt bad. I have enjoyed my time here, and appreciate my job every day. Love coming to work. Sorry, most of my co workers also enjoy their job. I know you only want the pissed off workers to side with you as misery loves company, but not where I am at. Way more are happy then unhappy. Name some companies besides ABF or UPS frieght that make more then us? Not Conway, not Saia, OD, Yellow, MME, R and L.

It sucks for you, maybe you should look yourself in the mirror. This is a great company to work for. Ask yourself, what would you be doing if you didnt work for FedEx? I dont know what you do, but City driver is a cake job. for 23 or 24 dollars an hour, OT after 8, weekends off, paid time off, great benefits, it doesnt get much better for people who never went to College. And even if you have College, it isnt bad. I have enjoyed my time here, and appreciate my job every day. Love coming to work. Sorry, most of my co workers also enjoy their job. I know you only want the pissed off workers to side with you as misery loves company, but not where I am at. Way more are happy then unhappy. Name some companies besides ABF or UPS frieght that make more then us? Not Conway, not Saia, OD, Yellow, MME, R and L.

Pay close attention. No one said it was the worst company to work for. But it is is deep decline. Pay is going down, when factoring in inflation. Most of us do work harder for less. Customer service has declined. And NO, it's not the best anymore and NO, it's not getting better. Just facts brother.

Pay close attention. No one said it was the worst company to work for. But it is is deep decline. Pay is going down, when factoring in inflation. Most of us do work harder for less. Customer service has declined. And NO, it's not the best anymore and NO, it's not getting better. Just facts brother.

So says you, not at my center, facts are facts too, again misery loves company, and u would b lonely out here!

Your confusing contentment with pay and benefits to satisfaction and professional edification that any working person desires.

There is much more to job satisfaction than pay and benefits. Yes...they are important, but just a part of the entire experience.

When any enterprise touts themselves as 'people first'...'purple this'...'purple that'...and wants the general populace to swallow the idea they are cutting edge...then that is what they need to be...cutting edge.

The problem here is the blatant disregard for people's livelihoods and futures each time someone in Harrison has a brain storm...and the resulting COO.

Since the merger, these captains of the LTL biz have been dicking around with each sunrise trying to tweak this operation to the nth degree. It is evident...that after a year plus...they still are struggling to get hold of the consequences of the endeavor.

In the mean time...they go thru good folks like water over Niagra Falls.

Not so much 'people first', is it?

Rat

So says you, not at my center, facts are facts too, again misery loves company, and u would b lonely out here!

No its not a bad company but the uncertainty of how long some will have a job as more and more freight goes on the rails or out the gate with a pt. When they are cutting runs and the next day drivers are seeing outside carriers with adds out for drivers to pull Fedex Frt loads, On dedicated routes. Its not all that good to be down at the bottom of the board

Of course Motley works in a higher wage area and says he has made $70,000 in the city the last 9 years.
Seriously Motley,why dont you just cut and paste your cheerleader b.s. instead of typing it everytime. Most of the system doesnt make $24.00 an hour,most of the system makes less then $23.00.

ahoz28 said:
Your wife and kids must be so proud of you, one day I will own a 2006 Dodge Charger. Oh yea:bouncy:

Evidently your missing the point. People driving cars that aren't paid for helps keep them in debt. If you can't pay for it donny buy it. Besides the house that a different reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

No its not a bad company but the uncertainty of how long some will have a job as more and more freight goes on the rails or out the gate with a pt. When they are cutting runs and the next day drivers are seeing outside carriers with adds out for drivers to pull Fedex Frt loads, On dedicated routes. Its not all that good to be down at the bottom of the board

Stay in the city and you won't have to worry about loosing your job to outside trains or carriers. Hard to feel sorry for many road drivers who have benefited the most in the past. Get vacation pay based on an average week of pay not just 40 hrs, which would be very nice with all the overtime we work out here. Always got sick of the old line drivers bragging how great they had it, and how much they make, buying all these fancy boats and trucks etc. What comes around usually goes around. Now most of them sweat it out, while the ones who stuck it out with p&d are glad. Look who would love to have one board now! Road drivers! They never wanted one board before but would love it now.... Hmmmmmmm I think not!

Stay in the city and you won't have to worry about loosing your job to outside trains or carriers. Hard to feel sorry for many road drivers who have benefited the most in the past. Get vacation pay based on an average week of pay not just 40 hrs, which would be very nice with all the overtime we work out here. Always got sick of the old line drivers bragging how great they had it, and how much they make, buying all these fancy boats and trucks etc. What comes around usually goes around. Now most of them sweat it out, while the ones who stuck it out with p&d are glad. Look who would love to have one board now! Road drivers! They never wanted one board before but would love it now.... Hmmmmmmm I think not!

You sure know how to endure yourself to your fellow employee. I'm sure you are well loved at your barn.

Let me guess, you made it through the Fedex school (after a couple tries) and made it as far as city and stalled out. That far away look would appear in your eyes when these braggart road drivers would tell you stories of legs from the next state over. Your coveted position as a road driver always remained just out of reach because that one old timer just wouldn't turn in the keys. Every so often they'd tease you with the good life and call you up for a crap run nobody above you wanted. The next week your wife would complain, "why can't you make this much every week?"

Am I getting close?

Now you can have your day of bragging, can't you? Get back on the porch, city boy. You wouldn't make a pimple on a truck driver's ass.