Yellow | March 2015 YRC COO (Another Truckingboards Exclusive)

I like change as much as the rest of you...NOT. But this could work for our customers and us as long as CDO can get their act together, I know that's a stretch but think about it. With the difficulty we are having hiring new drivers, not to mention the equipment situation, it may relieve some of the pressure on the cartage drivers to run out to remote points and make it back to the terminal to make the cut times. We can't go back and change the last vote, what's done is done. All we can do now is what we do best and try and move the customers freight as efficiently as possible. We ALL know that CDO can screw up a wet dream, but we are stuck with this for now. If this gives us a chance to create more revenue by servicing the customers more efficiently, what choice do we have. If they can service more customers this way, it might work, hopefully we won't lose customers because of this. Am I living in a dream world? Maybe, but the only other choice I have is to vote with my feet and personally, I'm not ready to do that......

I like change as much as the rest of you...NOT. But this could work for our customers and us as long as CDO can get their act together, I know that's a stretch but think about it. With the difficulty we are having hiring new drivers, not to mention the equipment situation, it may relieve some of the pressure on the cartage drivers to run out to remote points and make it back to the terminal to make the cut times. We can't go back and change the last vote, what's done is done. All we can do now is what we do best and try and move the customers freight as efficiently as possible. We ALL know that CDO can screw up a wet dream, but we are stuck with this for now. If this gives us a chance to create more revenue by servicing the customers more efficiently, what choice do we have. If they can service more customers this way, it might work, hopefully we won't lose customers because of this. Am I living in a dream world? Maybe, but the only other choice I have is to vote with my feet and personally, I'm not ready to do that......

DREAM, it is! Honestly, you don't actually believe they care about "customer service?"
Terminated our oldest sales rep last week. Miss on average, 20-25 pick-ups per day.
So what do they talk about in pee-shift EVERY single day? Brainwashing. Safety.Safety.Safety.
Manipulating numbers by using various shift hours to make themselves look great.
A direct violation of the "code of conduct" and borderline dishonesty!
ETHICS POINT, are you listening??? It's not just about W/C, Disability, FMLA fraud!

By the way, which of you employees are now going to monitor the so claimed "unprofitable" routes?
"Financially strengthen?" While awarding multimillion dollar bonuses, for screwing us!
Will affected employees be subject to lay-off, since less work?

Last edited:
Every shipment that goes out the gate on another carrier is less work for a union brother. As for the customer, I've yet to meet one that likes their freight interlined. Don't worry about yrc. The company has been taking care of themselves real good at our expense.

How 'bout they raise the rates to those points and make them profitable? This is another step towards our union companies becoming non union.

Take the time to read THE WHOLE COO.... Look at those break Bulks that the points are going to be interline from...Yeah, you see it to don't you?
Everyone of those just about have a HOLLAND terminal in that DC area.....they will give OUR Freight to another YRCW subsidiary to take it to those points to deliver?

No disrespect to our Holland and New Penn Brothers and Sisters, but this is why we should have voted NO on the 2nd MOU and demand that we vote as separate companies, even though the Locals pushed it....they got to vote on things that would take OUR work away and not have a negative impact on them....if anything, they may get more work out of this YRC COO.

This will cut down the road work....this will cut down the local cartage work at those points....You NEVER give up YOUR work....did y'all not learn anything yet from the PTS Mess???....KK

Will the new interlined frt be picked up at the breaks by the connecting carrier or will they get it from the nearest terminal?.
Here's an example,
All the points that 178 (Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Pa) will lose. Will that work be put on it's own trailer at 135 to be picked up at 135 by the connecting carrier or will line haul still take that frt to 178?
Not gonna make a whole lot of money running 100+ miles back and forth and only deliver 4-5 shipments.
Or did I read the change wrong?

I do see some points in Wisconsin that WERE serviced by Wausau before the last COO that shut down that terminal. Now they are too far to service from Madison where the work was moved to.

thanks for posting the change!!!! but are there pages missing? or am i missing something? seems to go from page 23 to 25 etc. i am not sure i am reading this right? but some of the zip codes that seem to be going to interline in our area we pass through some of these little towns all the time on our way to pickup and deliver in a larger area. so i have to wonder! are we going to lose more than what is being stated or proposed? some body jump in and show me the light!!

No disrespect to our Holland and New Penn Brothers and Sisters, but this is why we should have voted NO on the 2nd MOU and demand that we vote as separate companies, even though the Locals pushed it....they got to vote on things that would take OUR work away and not have a negative impact on them....if anything, they may get more work out of this YRC COO.

We voted seperate on the first MOU and New Penn voted no. The union
Did us a favor and got a second vote under the threat of New Penn being closed. Remember vote till we get it right? :hysterical:

thanks for posting the change!!!! but are there pages missing? or am i missing something? seems to go from page 23 to 25 etc. i am not sure i am reading this right? but some of the zip codes that seem to be going to interline in our area we pass through some of these little towns all the time on our way to pickup and deliver in a larger area. so i have to wonder! are we going to lose more than what is being stated or proposed? some body jump in and show me the light!!
Just asking, what is the bill count and shipment weight of customers in the little towns you're passing thru?, as opposed to the same in the more dense towns you're going to?

KK, I am a city driver for Holland here in Birmingham Al and one of the problems with these shipments if they go to us from YRC is the city drivers I run across don't want to deliver these stops that are normally schools with hand unloads or residential stops. Yes they suck but I for one have never minded going on a 20 minute drive to unload a pallet of books then twenty minutes back. I am sure even though you are a road driver that there are city guys at your place too that act like this. The ones I run across will laugh when they see where I have to go to deliver YRC interline and I just get back in the truck and laugh that they aren't smart enough to realize they could get paid to do the same thing. The real issue with a lot of this is the fact that no one seems to want to do anything out of the ordinary at the end of line city operation. Your Montgomery terminal has points inside 30 miles they interline with us and they keep the bottom two guys laid off working 4 days a week. I see these guys all the time and they don't even want the work.

DREAM, it is! Honestly, you don't actually believe they care about "customer service?"
Terminated our oldest sales rep last week. Miss on average, 20-25 pick-ups per day.
So what do they talk about in pee-shift EVERY single day? Brainwashing. Safety.Safety.Safety.
Manipulating numbers by using various shift hours to make themselves look great.
A direct violation of the "code of conduct" and borderline dishonesty!
ETHICS POINT, are you listening??? It's not just about W/C, Disability, FMLA fraud!

By the way, which of you employees are now going to monitor the so claimed "unprofitable" routes?
"Financially strengthen?" While awarding multimillion dollar bonuses, for screwing us!
Will affected employees be subject to lay-off, since less work?

Just curious, are you missing 20-25 p/u's because of equip. and man power issues or weather, traffic or dysfunctional city dispatching?

KK, I am a city driver for Holland here in Birmingham Al and one of the problems with these shipments if they go to us from YRC is the city drivers I run across don't want to deliver these stops that are normally schools with hand unloads or residential stops. Yes they suck but I for one have never minded going on a 20 minute drive to unload a pallet of books then twenty minutes back. I am sure even though you are a road driver that there are city guys at your place too that act like this. The ones I run across will laugh when they see where I have to go to deliver YRC interline and I just get back in the truck and laugh that they aren't smart enough to realize they could get paid to do the same thing. The real issue with a lot of this is the fact that no one seems to want to do anything out of the ordinary at the end of line city operation. Your Montgomery terminal has points inside 30 miles they interline with us and they keep the bottom two guys laid off working 4 days a week. I see these guys all the time and they don't even want the work.

Amen. Same thing at #132 [planview Li]. They rather walk, then do inside, residential or anything ugly. I'm glad somebody finally spoke the truth.

Amen. Same thing at #132 [planview Li]. They rather walk, then do inside, residential or anything ugly. I'm glad somebody finally spoke the truth.

I've said it many times and it bears repeating, "We have met the enemy and it is us!" In the over 40 years that I've been a Teamster I've come to believe that the ones who do the most harm to Teamsters are those very Teamsters themselves.

I've said it many times and it bears repeating, "We have met the enemy and it is us!" In the over 40 years that I've been a Teamster I've come to believe that the ones who do the most harm to Teamsters are those very Teamsters themselves.
Agreed. Many of our wounds are self inflicted.

Agreed. Many of our wounds are self inflicted.
I think the reason here lately is Welch throws that " bankruptcy card " out and IBT goes along with it.

I think the reason here lately is Welch throws that " bankruptcy card " out and IBT goes along with it.

Was it Welch who was responsible for some Teamsters having bad attitudes at any number of jobs 20 and 30 years ago too?

Just asking, what is the bill count and shipment weight of customers in the little towns you're passing thru?, as opposed to the same in the more dense towns you're going to?
Think he may have answered his own question, S. The little towns they are passing through? The company looks at numbers. We know that. So if you did not have to go to the larger area, and just take a small, low revenue shipment to the little town only, and it would add say 50-60 miles to the day, only 1 bill per hour, and the wages and costs to run equipment? You know the answer to that one.