Yellow | March 2015 YRC COO (Another Truckingboards Exclusive)

Was it Welch who was responsible for some Teamsters having bad attitudes at any number of jobs 20 and 30 years ago too?
It was the management that bankrupted the company and was management that came up with this fiasco of a merger, it was management that thought it was a good idea to get rid of the 2 biggest name brands in freight (nobody still knows who we are) it was mgmt that had to have utility jobs(said we could not compete without them) it was mgmt that got rid of utility jobs(unprofitable) its mgmt that comes up with a COO every year, then a COO to fix last years COO, its mgmt that thinks its a good idea to keep hiring supervisors even though we cant find drivers and our board and our bill count continues to shrink. SEE A PATTERN HERE!!!!

It was the management that bankrupted the company and was management that came up with this fiasco of a merger, it was management that thought it was a good idea to get rid of the 2 biggest name brands in freight (nobody still knows who we are) it was mgmt that had to have utility jobs(said we could not compete without them) it was mgmt that got rid of utility jobs(unprofitable) its mgmt that comes up with a COO every year, then a COO to fix last years COO, its mgmt that thinks its a good idea to keep hiring supervisors even though we cant find drivers and our board and our bill count continues to shrink. SEE A PATTERN HERE!!!!

Complain, complain, complain, all old news. They're still here and slowly coming back right? Can't undo what happened in the past, just try to improve things going forward.

PS - If after almost 6 years the customers still don't who we are then what the heck are P&D drivers doing and saying (or not saying) at their stops?

KK, I am a city driver for Holland here in Birmingham Al and one of the problems with these shipments if they go to us from YRC is the city drivers I run across don't want to deliver these stops that are normally schools with hand unloads or residential stops. Yes they suck but I for one have never minded going on a 20 minute drive to unload a pallet of books then twenty minutes back. I am sure even though you are a road driver that there are city guys at your place too that act like this. The ones I run across will laugh when they see where I have to go to deliver YRC interline and I just get back in the truck and laugh that they aren't smart enough to realize they could get paid to do the same thing. The real issue with a lot of this is the fact that no one seems to want to do anything out of the ordinary at the end of line city operation. Your Montgomery terminal has points inside 30 miles they interline with us and they keep the bottom two guys laid off working 4 days a week. I see these guys all the time and they don't even want the work.
I ran the city for 10 years.....had my share of books......hated it when those high school annuals came out.
city driver came for the job and has to deliver the freight...good or bad, that's why you get paid by the hour....now they want to give your away, and nobody will be left to fight for you all.....KK

I ran the city for 10 years.....had my share of books......hated it when those high school annuals came out.
city driver came for the job and has to deliver the freight...good or bad, that's why you get paid by the hour....now they want to give your away, and nobody will be left to fight for you all.....KK

KK, as a former BA, what would your solution be to address equip. issues [t&t shortage], Driver Shortage and low revenue, low weight, infrequent and distant customers?......SF

Complain, complain, complain, all old news. They're still here and slowly coming back right? Can't undo what happened in the past, just try to improve things going forward.

PS - If after almost 6 years the customers still don't who we are then what the heck are P&D drivers doing and saying (or not saying) at their stops?
Not complaining just giving a history lesson some people have short memories. Point made mgmt is 98% responsible for this fiasco aand we play a small role in all of this. Mgmt put us in this situation and they will be the ones that have to get us out which doesnt bode well for us with these clowns runnin the show. A good soldier is only as good as his commanders. Watched vietnam in hd the other night and we finally pushed into cambodia and laos and nixon only allows them to go 19 miles across the borders WTF

Just curious, are you missing 20-25 p/u's because of equip. and man power issues or weather, traffic or dysfunctional city dispatching?

Lack of manpower and poor dispatching. Complained about 24 accidents last year but hear dispatch telling drivers to "hurry up."
Manpower is based upon IB. What happens if OB is heavy? Not enough drivers scheduled to pick up freight.

IN MY PERSONAL OPINION........It shows points that will NO LONGER BE SERVICED by that terminal and shows what DC the freight will be sent to for interline with another carrier....so, this WILL cut down on the number of shipments that go to a satellite and WILL affect the total of runs that the road drivers will be making....WTH did you yes voters not understand about this MOU??

No disrespect to the New Penn and Holland....but your votes counted towards this too....we should have voted NO the 2nd time and demand to vote by companies....this just SUCKS!......KK

Honestly Kid in all my years at CF we never had as many COO as this outfit. Seems like if they can't lose money, then they just invent ways to just throw money away. I am totally in awe of their incompetence.

Honestly Kid in all my years at CF we never had as many COO as this outfit. Seems like if they can't lose money, then they just invent ways to just throw money away. I am totally in awe of their incompetence.

Yes, but CF is long gone and YRCF is still here. :smile new: :hide:

One slight error in that article is the statement that CEX was non-union. It was Teamster and was closed down when they would not accept concessions. CEX was the purchase and re-branding of Penn Yan Express, a Teamster job.
I actually remember that. Back in the eighties and nineties, Transport Topics was a very affordable publication. I use to sit out in front of the Post Office and read my latest edition.

I actually remember that. Back in the eighties and nineties, Transport Topics was a very affordable publication. I use to sit out in front of the Post Office and read my latest edition.

I ran some road trips for CEX as a casual in the later 1980's. Jersey City, NJ to Apalachin, NY meets with Buffalo men. Pulling sets with cab-over Ford single axle day cab CL-9000's.

When the trucks and trailers parked at peoples docks say Yellow and Roadway on them it is hard to convince people you are YRC.
Many,many large accounts still show us as Yellow or Roadway and no P&D driver is going to change that.
This is just another failure of management and their sales team. They are the ones with the ability to promote the brand to the customers not a truck driver dealing with a forklift driver on a dock.

integration.png

No, CF was spun off debt free and was eventually shut down.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consolidated_Freightways
When they filed bankruptcy they owed $791.6 million
In the SEC filing, Consolidated listed total assets as of the end of the second quarter of $783.6 million, compared to total liabilities of $791.6 million. In the quarter ended June 30, the company had revenue of $482.4 million, compared to $590.4 million in the same period a year ago.

Take the time to read THE WHOLE COO.... Look at those break Bulks that the points are going to be interline from...Yeah, you see it to don't you?
Everyone of those just about have a HOLLAND terminal in that DC area.....they will give OUR Freight to another YRCW subsidiary to take it to those points to deliver?

No disrespect to our Holland and New Penn Brothers and Sisters, but this is why we should have voted NO on the 2nd MOU and demand that we vote as separate companies, even though the Locals pushed it....they got to vote on things that would take OUR work away and not have a negative impact on them....if anything, they may get more work out of this YRC COO.

This will cut down the road work....this will cut down the local cartage work at those points....You NEVER give up YOUR work....did y'all not learn anything yet from the PTS Mess???....KK