XPO | Marty minute

Well yesterday the people that come in at six on mondays were informed that we are no longer to come in at six on monday...excuse was killing productivity. Amazing how you bid on a schedule and they can change it when they want... What is the point to bid then?....Just between us...Lord M is a nasty Man...doesnt wash his hands after using the bathroom yuck.

Lord M told the former fom that he was going to teach the drivers how to be @$$hole.
:hide:

Well yesterday the people that come in at six on mondays were informed that we are no longer to come in at six on monday...excuse was killing productivity. Amazing how you bid on a schedule and they can change it when they want... What is the point to bid then?....Just between us...Lord M is a nasty Man...doesnt wash his hands after using the bathroom yuck.

Dont need to wash your hands when your a piece of s%#t!:butt kiss:

Warden M

Some drivers were followed today. Is that a normal M policy?
Some drivers are talking about quiting now. They had it too good for too long. Now they have to do their job and it is taking a toll on them. The dock guys (day re-ship) were told not to be taking breaks, like they have been used to for the last number of years, and only take their 30 minute lunch. Maybe we should open a prison...

Are you saying that "M" would make a good warden? CCA (corrections corporation of america) has pretty much got the private prison industry wrapped up. Not that you couldn't go ahead and try to open one up, but if you think Con-way has a lot of rules and regulations, try running a prison. I know first hand as I was a corrections officer for a few years. The pay sucks, and dealing with inmates is a whole other ball game.
As far as breaks go I think your dock guys are SOL (you're in Texas right?)
The following states have laws or administrative orders requiring most private employers to provide their non-exempt employees with a short paid rest break every four hours:
California, Colorado, Kentucky, Minnesota, Nevada, Oregon, Washington.
In most of these states, the required break is to be scheduled, where practicable, in the middle of the four-hour period. All of the states, except for Minnesota, specify that the break is to last 10 minutes. Minnesota law declares that the break is to be long enough to provide the employees with adequate time to use the nearest restroom facilities. Washington law specifies that an employee may not be required to work for more than a three-hour period without a rest break. I would encourage them to contact their local wage and hour division of the local Texas Labor office to make sure. Best of luck y'all........eeeeeeeehaw!!
:bananalama:

Lord M is a nasty Man...doesnt wash his hands after using the bathroom yuck.
That is disgusting! One day he might even shake your hands. No thanks! I'm not a subliminal wanker toucher. I'll ask him, "Did you wash your hands?"

Lord M told the former fom that he was going to teach the drivers how to be @$$hole.
Did the FOM tell certain people that Lord M said that?
If so, thats a classic backtabbing FOM move.
If he is ever heard saying that by others, he might just be up for a Harassment charge.
G.O is going to have to turn the flame thrower down a notch, cause Lord M might burn himself thinking he is GOD's greatest gift to Con-way. :Flame-On:

Hes not the FOM anymore they demoted him to supervisor. But to answer your question yeah he told some certain people to watch out for this guy.

Hes not the FOM anymore they demoted him to supervisor. But to answer your question yeah he told some certain people to watch out for this guy.

That is a classic sign of an untrusting FOM/supervisor! You guys have to also watch out for this demotee.
He will appear to be on your side and narc you out to the TM for brownie points and than appear to be on Lord M's side and nark him out to drivers to make himself look good to you guys.

What once was....is no more...as These Are The Days Of LDA
This is a great Soap Opera topic!

Well I personally watch out for everyone...Some of the drivers are the same way. They talk good stuff in your ear but then your called into the office...so I dont mind playing this game. This Fom is a pretty good guy though. I think when he was demotted that it took alot of presure off of him...now all he has to worry bout is shutting down on time. In the past I never wanted to work his side...now I prefer it.

They can only work you as hard as you allow them. They can work you long...but they can't work you hard.

Some drivers were followed today. Is that a normal M policy?
Some drivers are talking about quiting now. They had it too good for too long. Now they have to do their job and it is taking a toll on them. The dock guys (day re-ship) were told not to be taking breaks, like they have been used to for the last number of years, and only take their 30 minute lunch. Maybe we should open a prison...
Are the one`s talking of quiting useless ? I thought you said you guys were tuff down there! They quit MARTY wins, why not stick around for the fun? It`s easy to F someone behind their back, but there`s much more pleasure doing it to them if front of there face, but then again I only saw M a few hours a night! :USA: :3dflagsdotcom_usa_2 :nutkick: I wouldn`t run out buying superbowl tickets yet!!!

well, mr marty started enforcing policy on linehaul operation. instead of getting our our bills and leaving, we are all backed up by half hour. never been with a company that waited till the minute to move freight. they are not allowing for for accidents or road construction. i know the night time guys have a lot of problems going south on 35 with all the construction.

also heard that mr marty followed some of the city guys yesterday. one was approached by mr marty. good thing he followed one of the better city drivers doing his job. that is all it takes, doing your job. cant wait for him to follow some of the lazy city and linehaul drivers.

Looks like everybody summed everything up pretty good. I got nothing to add.
But I will say that changing start times (bid times) does question the integrity of the bid system. Isn't integrity one of the company values?

Looks like everybody summed everything up pretty good. I got nothing to add.
But I will say that changing start times (bid times) does question the integrity of the bid system. Isn't integrity one of the company values?

Changing start times is nothing new.
From time to time, they adjust start times based on the needs of the operation not the needs of the employee.

Are the one`s talking of quiting useless ? I thought you said you guys were tuff down there! They quit MARTY wins, why not stick around for the fun? It`s easy to F someone behind their back, but there`s much more pleasure doing it to them if front of there face, but then again I only saw M a few hours a night! I wouldn`t run out buying superbowl tickets yet!!!

The one's that are talking of quiting are not useless, just not used to being micro-managed.:Bondage: We're used to good old southern hospitality and some people took advantage of it for some time now. Myself I am enjoying the ride. I'm set for the winter. When spring comes, well, we'll see what happens.:USA: :police: :smilies-19296:

The employees don't want to change their start times. We are committed to the bid. Commitment. That's another value, right?

Start times subject to change and are based on the needs of the operation.
Did your bid sheets ever have that disclaimer? Some terminals have used it to avoid issues like you guys are having with sudden start time changes.

Has anyone questioned Marty why they were changed?

Start times subject to change and are based on the needs of the operation.
Did your bid sheets ever have that disclaimer? Some terminals have used it to avoid issues like you guys are having with sudden start time changes.

Has anyone questioned Marty why they were changed?

It was only Monday's schedules that were changed. Mostly bottom feeders. but you never know we could be next. I don't recall any disclaimer. But, we only do it once a year. And who pays attention to that? I'm sure some have asked questions, but haven't heard anything. I'll find out more tommorrow.:drama:

Bottom feeders???.. Im not a bottom feeder. I tried to get this unassingned last year.. debra and the tm lied told me there werent any left...so I had to take this monday crap. Point being is that once you bid you make ur schedule up for the year based on your bid. Ive made mine up and now they change it. No questions...just change it. We are supposed to be having a meeting with marty but I never even see him...probably a smoke and mirrors action. The thing is that they are letting the folks that just finished that class come in at 10:oo so they say that its killing thier production. Well if thats the case move them to a different start time... I know I didnt have a choice on my start time when I wasnt regular. My Question is ... If you change a start time once youve bid on it ...whats the point of a bid? Im going to roll with this junk...hoping that Lda will get better. I dont mind change, but there is a right way and wrong way to go bout it. Thats all im saying.