XPO | Marty minute

whats the point of a rebid....we are only a month or two away from the bid anyway. I like some of the changes that are being made...I dont mind a cleaner dock...think we need it in fact. Havent ever understood how an fos could let a peice of freight stay on the dock for two or three days. Aint no way that they can come in and not notice a piece of sitting there for a week. So I can definatly understand the cleaning of the dock after the shut down of the different operations.

mr marty is busy moving his stuff into his new home. he will be back monday ready to get the lazy people off the payroll. things continue to run smoothly for the drs's. no big backlash from the new start times on eith day/night time linehaul runs. nmp still needs to get their stuff togther,

Again, we have a mandatory meeting for monday. I think this just gives Johnny something to do. They didn't tell us anything in the last meeting. M was not even there. LDA hasn't changed much. Still don't have any fos with a backbone. dockworkers still in the breakroom. They don't care what M says.:chairshot: Oh, how could I forget, they did tell us about that .40 cent raise in the last mandatory meeting.

Again, we have a mandatory meeting for monday. I think this just gives Johnny something to do. They didn't tell us anything in the last meeting. M was not even there. LDA hasn't changed much. Still don't have any fos with a backbone. dockworkers still in the breakroom. They don't care what M says.:chairshot:

Wait until he is settled in his new home before his wrath comeths.
He probably had alot of personal issues to deal with.
Everyone will get a chance to sign discipline soon enough.

well mr marty pulled the water hose from the fuel island. dsr's were told not to wash their trucks outside the fuel island. reason they did not want the water going into another drain is because of the epa. i have seen worse go in the drains, but, the local goverment have their own idea. we can be fined up to 10grand. so since we drivers cannot understand intructions, we lost the privledge of washing our windows.

well mr marty pulled the water hose from the fuel island. dsr's were told not to wash their trucks outside the fuel island. reason they did not want the water going into another drain is because of the epa. i have seen worse go in the drains, but, the local goverment have their own idea. we can be fined up to 10grand. so since we drivers cannot understand intructions, we lost the privledge of washing our windows.

Believe me you are not the only LTL company doing this. UPSF does this also. Not sure about FedEx or the other companies.
You need an EPA approved drain otherwise use a spray bottle and paper towels maybe a putty knife to scrape off the juicy bugs.

I hope marty goes missing i tired of hearing about him..

:biglaugh: :hysterical:
He is the Con-way Message Boards SCM to watch/read about!
He knows G.O is reading this stuff and that his every move is pretty much documented, so he can't have any slip ups.
He is the chosen poster boy.

Kind of like a driver living under the Con-way microscope and having to cross his "T's" and dot his "I's"

I like this topic. It's like a hodge podge of trivial stuff.

i am waiting to see who has the most pull when their is a problem. will the regional manager or mr marty when. i kinda think mr marty will win. wayne really brought the wrong man in for him, but, i really think mr marty will help lda. with mr marty being big dave's man, and getting the best advice from him, dallas will grow.

again a repeat from other post. watchout you deadbeat employees and negative employees. mr marty will find you and weed you out. everyone else just do your job and mr marty will be your friend.

i am waiting to see who has the most pull when their is a problem. will the regional manager or mr marty when. i kinda think mr marty will win. wayne really brought the wrong man in for him, but, i really think mr marty will help lda. with mr marty being big dave's man, and getting the best advice from him, dallas will grow.

again a repeat from other post. watchout you deadbeat employees and negative employees. mr marty will find you and weed you out. everyone else just do your job and mr marty will be your friend.
See I was doing my job while talking to another driver when his FOM told the FOS they fired make sure I stay busy! That really made me want to work extra hard for M`s world. As you can see I am a person scared of my own shadow, and I know anything Conway tells me to do must be the right thing to do, I never question authority! :nutkick: :biglaugh: :smilie_132: :hysterical:

The deadbeat employees are still there. I don't think M wants to be anybody's friend. What I want to know is why the hell are they still hiring people, when it's obvious that it is slowing down. Is this an M strategy?

The deadbeat employees are still there. I don't think M wants to be anybody's friend. What I want to know is why the hell are they still hiring people, when it's obvious that it is slowing down. Is this an M strategy?

Because they anticipate a rise in business levels. If the anticipation flops, they can always "economically terminate" It's employment "AT WILL".

They also can be used as standby's, bench warmers, dock help and potential fill in's once Lordy digs his choppers into the lazy drivers and burns them on PP&P.

dallas has been trying to hire people way before mr marty got here. bryan was doing his best to hire quality people. not bryan's fault. it is conway's fault. we just dont have enough run s for drivers. we need dock workers. they are hired as drivers and then they learn how to operate a toyata for 8hrs.

we just dont have enough run s for drivers. we need dock workers. they are hired as drivers and then they learn how to operate a toyata for 8hrs.

I will never understand why a person would complain about making drivers wages & only have to drive a forklift.

I will never understand why a person would complain about making drivers wages & only have to drive a forklift.

Funny thing about it is they are informed when they hire on. (in fact during their interview) that they will be working the dock. Sometimes more dock than driving. They have the choice to take it or leave it at that point.

Never ceases to amaze me.

Again, there are other companies out their where you don't work the dock....just drive.
....Must be a Con-way fetish or maybe Con-way is the better company in their area.