TForce | Meeting in Dallas with Local 745 this Sunday @ Embassy Suites

T***** is a good guy and all the Overnite employees in the metroplex need to come to this meeting prepared with questions and to sign cards. The time is NOW to move or don't move in the organizing campaign. Talk to anyone you do not want to be by yourself when working with UPS. Don't be fooled, listen and then act so we you can have a petition before the end of the year. Don't forget to invite your shop and sisters in the clerical ranks too. They need to make a choice as well. It is up to you to decide but I hope we oranize this entire Company by the end of 2008. THERE IS STRENGTH IN NUMBERS.

T***** is a good guy and all the Overnite employees in the metroplex need to come to this meeting prepared with questions and to sign cards. The time is NOW to move or don't move in the organizing campaign. Talk to anyone you do not want to be by yourself when working with UPS. Don't be fooled, listen and then act so we you can have a petition before the end of the year. Don't forget to invite your shop and sisters in the clerical ranks too. They need to make a choice as well. It is up to you to decide but I hope we oranize this entire Company by the end of 2008. THERE IS STRENGTH IN NUMBERS.

From what I understand you will be offered the same contract Indy signed.
Don't take any promises of better things to come.

UPS and the teamsters are in bed with this deal. Don't be fooled. Don't trust the teamsters or UPS. Trust a good contract.

Don't be afraid to send them back to the drawing board.

UPS and the teamsters are in bed with this deal. Don't be fooled. Don't trust the teamsters or UPS. Trust a good contract.

I think we should let you dictate the terms of the contract, you seem to know so much!

If I did it wouldn't be a sub-par contract like Indy. Not everyone is like you willing to bend over for any crumbs they give you.:chairshot:
I have been quit up till now listenig to you slam people .. But sir U R OUT of line. No body is bending over for anything.. Go buff up ur pretty metal plack,,that ur so happy with..:biglaugh:

you do not understand anything . Who did you talk to at our local ? Who have you been in contact with at your local?Or are you simply assuming ? You are so knowedgable on this subject maby you should consider getting involved in the process of change.

Skeeter, is right. This is a business deal and everyone needs to understand that. UPS and the teamsters cut a deal on IND when they gave the teamsters a layup. This was to help Hoffa stay in control, because they liked doing business with him. UPS nor the teamsters has the full best interest of the employees and you are fulled if you believe either. However, we are much better with a union contract than without one. Just ask the hard questions and ensure you do not lock yourselves in a contract than you can not upgrade going forward. ASk which pension plan you will be covered under UPS or Central States? UPS pension is much better. Look at this just like going into a business deal and understand you much take care of your best interest not allow either side to totally control as they have their best interest(agendas) in the forefront not the employees. The teamsters need out dues monies and UPS is trying to paint us into a corner. Understand that and go into the agreement with the teamsters and negotiate the best deal possible and continue to press forward. There is strength in numbers and the teamsters need us more or as much as we need them. We do not want to live in a UPS world without representation.

Ok how do we go about getting a better deal than Indy?
Seeing it took that terminal just over one year to arrive at what they voted in.

Soon however who knows how soon this soon is going to be.
The Teamsters may offer cards to be signed at the rest of the terminals.
Only if UPS Freight allows this to happen.
Signing a card means you are signing for Teamster representation.
Then do you except the current contract that Indy has?
Or do you get the Teamsters,and UPS together to bargain for a much better deal?

If thats going to be the case,how many more months are we all looking at before this new contract is going to be ready to vote on?

This whole organizing action is becoming a long drawn out process,who knows if the end is in sight?

YO Skeeter here we go again,TIME WILL TELL!

I don't mean any disrespect but I policed the NMFA for several years and this new UPGF contract is very close in alot of language to the NMFA. The only real difference in the two is some of the old out dated work rules (ie-for every 6 checkers on the dock there will be 1 bid forklift operator...etc) but for the very first contract in our history it is very detailed and a great building platform. The monetary value is awesome based on the past NMFA contracts and the power YRCW has on this contract the rank and file will be lucky to get .30-.40 cents a year during the life of the agreement! Plus ABF has already pulled out of the negotations based on the ATA. YRCW is going to try to break this contract down and after it is all said and done the NMFA will not be what is used to be. I hope it stays the same but for profits and the abiltiy to compete with UPS, ODFL and Fed-Ex there will have to be some changes. Read YRCW lastest news they speak about just this issue and how UPS, ODFL and Fed-Ex is changing the landscape of the industry. Skeeter take a hard look at this contract and remember you have nothing guranteed without a contract and I have seen too much wishy-washy junk at our barn. Remember no disrespect my friend just think about what I am saying....I know the NMFA and I am please with what was bargained for on the very first UPGF contract!!

So what you've posted your saying the NMFA will be reduced to mirror the UPS Freight Indy contract?
Is this what you've said here?

Well if this is in fact the case,the Teamsters didn't do their old members any favor by not getting a better deal at Indy on their first go around.

I kind of saw this very issue coming down seeing the NMFA was coming due so near Indys contract completion.
The other remaining Teamster LTL's may feel they won't be able to compete with UPS's Freight division if they are rquierd to pay out more for their overhead in labor costs.

Well then that actually makes a lot of sence.
So the Indy contract is what you see,and all anybody should expect to get.
Take it,or leave it,like it or lump it.
Oh well then its better than nothing.

#$@& Emptypockets, I agree with everything you just laid down. YRCW lost about 55+ million in the 3rd qtr and the 4th is not looking too good according to the stock.

So what you've posted your saying the NMFA will be reduced to mirror the UPS Freight Indy contract?
Is this what you've said here?

Well if this is in fact the case,the Teamsters didn't do their old members any favor by not getting a better deal at Indy on their first go around.

I kind of saw this very issue coming down seeing the NMFA was coming due so near Indys contract completion.
The other remaining Teamster LTL's may feel they won't be able to compete with UPS's Freight division if they are rquierd to pay out more for their overhead in labor costs.

Well then that actually makes a lot of sence.
So the Indy contract is what you see,and all anybody should expect to get.
Take it,or leave it,like it or lump it.
Oh well then its better than nothing.

Hey APO...........from what I gather from our negotiation team, the UPSF contract isn't having any effect in the talks. DS.

you do not understand anything . Who did you talk to at our local ? Who have you been in contact with at your local?Or are you simply assuming ? You are so knowedgable on this subject maby you should consider getting involved in the process of change.

Have you tried to talk to Chris lately.:hysterical:

That is what I am doing getting involved.:biglaugh:

I hope the NMFA contract stays the same if that is what the rank and file laboring under it wants. I am not lifting up UPGF as the holy grail for the future of the LTL industry and Lord knows we have alot of road bumps to overcome just to get to the level of a YRCW or an ABF. But you can bet YRCW and ABF was watching these negotations very close and have went thru the contract for UPGF article by article. If they can get any changes to the language in the NMFA that will help them compete more you bet they will try. There is alot of solid language in the UPGF contract and with time that contract will only get better with strength in our numbers. I am not saying it is perfect....but even the NMFA was not perfect there was language in it that helped us and in some case the lack of language did not help us. Stat strong guys and gals we must start somewhere...:smilie_132:

Well most of us old timers know very well that bargaing is a give,and take process.
The union rep's ask for more,then the companies agree if they can have something taken away.

So I'm still hanging on Skeeters famous battle cry.
TIME WILL TELL!

We also must remember this is a "first contract". The 60's NMFA didn't start off as the best but later became what it is after many changes. DS.

Ok how do we go about getting a better deal than Indy?
Seeing it took that terminal just over one year to arrive at what they voted in.

Soon however who knows how soon this soon is going to be.
The Teamsters may offer cards to be signed at the rest of the terminals.
Only if UPS Freight allows this to happen.
Signing a card means you are signing for Teamster representation.
Then do you except the current contract that Indy has?
Or do you get the Teamsters,and UPS together to bargain for a much better deal?

If thats going to be the case,how many more months are we all looking at before this new contract is going to be ready to vote on?

This whole organizing action is becoming a long drawn out process,who knows if the end is in sight?

YO Skeeter here we go again,TIME WILL TELL!

Yea, Maybe I'm getting carried away with my remarks. It's just that I wanted more than what Indy settled for.
I too am concerned about the work rules and contract carries hauling so much of our freight while our drivers starve.

My sticking point is wages and benefits. The wages are OK but our retirement stinks. Our sick leave stinks. Our vacation stinks.

We lose the match on the 401. Split raises.
WHO WINS IN ALL THIS.

It's not us. That is what I'm mad about. It's going to be a split company now.

Hoffa as usual blew it. It's no wonder the teamsters haven't got Conway, FedEX, OD, or any of the rest of the LTL companies.

After this contract they will continue to be a joke to the rest of the industry.
It could of been the envy