XPO | Miami files for Union representation

There is more to compensation than a raise. You need to look closely at what your competition is earning. Then look at the profitability of the company. Can they afford to offer better and still remain competitive in the market? That will answer your question as to what the whole movement is about.

What will you have when you can no longer work? Will you have retiree healthcare benefits? Pension? Would you like overtime after 40 hours, or 8 hours, so you can be properly compensated for your excess time away from your family? You'll get none of the above without coming together and seeking a voice at the table.

It's a challenge, but people must step up, if anything is to be achieved.

Anyone who waiting to hear something at your location, here a phone number to get the ball rolling: (202) 624-6800. That's the main office in DC, they'll direct you to a local near you. You have questions, they have answers, but the won't call you.

If you're curious what others in your field are making, and what kind of benefits and rules are in place, here a contract to glance at...

http://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/1614upsfta1414ver3.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
And line there pockets with huge salaries , big bonuses, and stock options. I pay $3900 a year for a family of four for healthcare. How big is that raise again. That's 80$ a week. Or two bucks an hour. Smoke and mirrors.
I pay $53/MONTH union dues.
That covers my health insurance for a family of 5.

Them nasty greedy union leaders want my dues. LOL.

So you'll do the thinin round here Quickstraw?
Good. LOL

I'm thinking that since they want the union they must be pro-union.
I think there are quite a few thinking pro-union peeps on this board. Thinking about it, I think Miami thinks like we think.
Perhaps a representative from the majority will come aboard, but if the trend holds true, we won't have a clue what their thinking.
That help? Sorry, best I could do. You're just gonna have to pursue this with out me. I have a headache.

Wait! We'll get it first hand from Dallas when they petition the NLRB.

I pay $53/MONTH union dues.
That covers my health insurance for a family of 5.

Them nasty greedy union leaders want my dues. LOL.
You make a lot of sense with your posts..but they not handing out contracts like that anymore..besides you had to take a pay cut to keep the doors open.

These people think they are going to get free insurance and a pension... they're being lead to believe this.. its not going to be like that..just want them to know..

That's why we need to hear from some of these people..don't you think. ?

There is more to compensation than a raise. You need to look closely at what your competition is earning. Then look at the profitability of the company. Can they afford to offer better and still remain competitive in the market? That will answer your question as to what the whole movement is about.

What will you have when you can no longer work? Will you have retiree healthcare benefits? Pension? Would you like overtime after 40 hours, or 8 hours, so you can be properly compensated for your excess time away from your family? You'll get none of the above without coming together and seeking a voice at the table.

It's a challenge, but people must step up, if anything is to be achieved.

Anyone who waiting to hear something at your location, here a phone number to get the ball rolling: (202) 624-6800. That's the main office in DC, they'll direct you to a local near you. You have questions, they have answers, but the won't call you.

If you're curious what others in your field are making, and what kind of benefits and rules are in place, here a contract to glance at...

http://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/1614upsfta1414ver3.pdf
You make good sense with your posts..your not rude and you answer a lot of questions...

Conway does have one retiree health benefit....and I'll bet only a handful of employees can say what it is.

You make a lot of sense with your posts..but they not handing out contracts like that anymore..besides you had to take a pay cut to keep the doors open.

These people think they are going to get free insurance and a pension... they're being lead to believe this.. its not going to be like that..just want them to know..

First; Nothing is free. We earn it.

Second; WHAT is it going to be like beerfd? Please explain to us how our written contract will read.

But first, call whoever it is that will lose their job tonight and tell him to stay home. I predict a trailer will be dropped at NMF, but my crystal ball is fuzzy and can't see who. All I see is a FedEx look-a-like uniform but the equipment is ours. Help me out here and use your powers for good and not evil. Think of all we can do together! Let's bond.

We took a paycut because one greedy company decide to buy a bunch of companies....and then had the nerve to act like it didnt know of the pension liabilities.

I don't know what " handing out contracts" means. I thoughr it was decided between 2 parties and one doesn't have all say. Im not a financial genius but if we got Conway and Fedex in Teamster Health and Welfare....that means more contributors and that means cheaper. Maybe Im wrong. Im not promising anything. Im in charge of nothing. Just saying what I pay.
If free healthcare ( negotiated with dues) is something the majority of your guys want and is a high priority, why discount it as if it wont happen. I know your used to Conway making all rules....but that changes some after a YES vote.

I thought the company paid your health and welfare... So which is it?

they do. he is comparing the monthly union dues to the unknown but obviously higher cost of family health insurance at conway. ive asked ppl on here, and no one wants to let it out, so im guessing the premium copay for conway must be pretty high, if you want anything comparable to what we get. of course, if you have to reach into your pocket for more than a 10 dollar doctor copay, then its not as good as ours.

Beer for someone who isn't union , how r u such an expert on all these contracts. I'm curious on how u think u know all about these things. U sound a little bitter. Boy what would u do if u had a funded pension huh? Cause ubdont have **** here. U know that cmon

You know what some of these managers just don't understand is they really are the next line in the new age workforce to really get shafted. The sad thing is they still have to be corporate cheerleaders for what the clowns in the executive offices decide as to wages and benefits for their workgroups. When us teamsters get a good contract they usually benefit in the form of other compensation as well. Such as increased compensation/benefits or dare I say a pension for them as well. Sorry fact is they still have to beat the company drum while there future is being flushed down the toilet.

Beer for someone who isn't union , how r u such an expert on all these contracts. I'm curious on how u think u know all about these things. U sound a little bitter. Boy what would u do if u had a funded pension huh? Cause ubdont have **** here. U know that cmon

He's a warner driver with lots of time on his hands to research stuff , don't let him fool ya .

You know what some of these managers just don't understand is they really are the next line in the new age workforce to really get shafted. The sad thing is they still have to be corporate cheerleaders for what the clowns in the executive offices decide as to wages and benefits for their workgroups. When us teamsters get a good contract they usually benefit in the form of other compensation as well. Such as increased compensation/benefits or dare I say a pension for them as well. Sorry fact is they still have to beat the company drum while there future is being flushed down the toilet.
conway people are fooled into thinking they are going to get what ups has(conway isn't that big, don't have those deep pockets),, they're not...but hey, I don't want problems..time will tell..I'm not your ememy..I'm not totally against the union, but all side need to be reviewed..or whatever a better term would be..