XPO | Miami files for Union representation

How much is a doctor office visit co-pay for you? just curious.

If you have the company paid HRA, it's nothing for us. Just giving facts about the confusing conway plans..

like i said, 10 bux for doc visit...after that, NOTHING.....er, nothing, surgery, nothing. no deductable. FREE other than chump change doc co pays

Beer actually conway freight is bigger than UPS Freight by quite a big margin. And no were just debating on an issue (Im not bashing anybody here) but take a look at the NMFA with UPS Freight and compare to what conway is giving you guys. Our health insurance is superior to any garbage 80/20 plan with HSA. Its one thing to go to the doctor for a quick check up. Where your going to get blasted is when you have serious medical conditions. That 20% of a large number equals a very large medical bill you have to pay out of pocket. Lets face it health care costs are not going down which puts all of us in a vulnerable spot especially when our best years are finished. No point in working all those years to accumulate assets only to file bankruptcy due to medical bills and lose everything. With Teamsters health insurance I can at least not worry about going broke due to becoming sick at old age.

I believe your healthcare is better. But you did not mention that ours has a max out of pocket. I believe mine is $4400 a year. Should not bankrupt us.

I thought the company paid your health and welfare... So which is it?
The guy said he pays $3900/yr. for a family of 4.

My dues are $53/MONTH.
That covers the Local and IBT which negotiated that the company pays.

I'm not to up on all details but our deal is NMFA.
Central PA.

Our Local is part of the Central PA Health and Welfare Fund, which I believe is made of a group of Locals who all pay in
I know 773,776, and 429 are all in it.
Ours has been healthy so we get a good deal.

Some Locals, from things I've read, do not get the same deal maybe cause they're not healthy. Maybe they lost members. Thats what I read but dont know how true it is. Maybe somebody can confirm.

Last edited by a moderator:
like i said, 10 bux for doc visit...after that, NOTHING.....er, nothing, surgery, nothing. no deductable. FREE other than chump change doc co pays

And that is exactly the kind of thing these organizers are leading the employees to believe; that they'll get a contract like that and nearly bankrupt a company. They're not getting anything better than what they have.

They never mention anything about paycuts, btw.

Like I said, i'll never win any argument on here...so good luck to all.

Beer ur rants are so funny u say the same thing over and over Conway could fire u when ubgo in tonight u still dont get that.oh ur the best they ever seen right so it will never happen. Wake up . if u want bad ins coverage( and don't say u do cause they are all bad). Looking at pamphlet right here then stay here. And hope they don't back out on so called raise in Jan. Did u ever think why r they waiting why not now? I bet I've got an great answer for that too. Lol. Cmon waiting for response

And that is exactly the kind of thing these organizers are leading the employees to believe; that they'll get a contract like that and nearly bankrupt a company. They're not getting anything better than what they have.

why would it bankrupt your company? from what i understand, they used to hand out comparable insurance like that at conway? and who said paycut, besides you?

You won't win because your narrow minded. I have my eyes and mind wide open. All you say is negative. Your being one sided just like your accusing the pro guys of being. We have no idea what we will get. Conway is not going bankrupt. I refuse to take the lies from Ann Arbor any more. Have them put it in writing. Hell I'll look at that also. That's why we negotiate. I'm glad you weren't at Omaha beach on d day. We would all be speaking German.

Lets hear from some miami people..lets see what they were promised.

They weren't promised anything. But what being a Teamster will bring each and everyone of them is Dignity, Respect and a Voice in the workplace....... Do they have any of those three things now???? They will have a CBA which they will get to vote on and if ratified the company WILL have to follow.

Beer is so blue, he probably runs night time Linehaul so he can put all the blue led lights in the cab along with the runnin with the utility lights on powered with blue bulbs. Just pitiful

And beer, there's nothing wrong with being pro company as long as the company is pro driver. Until then, yank them blue lights out of the cab

The company covers 100% of health and welfare along with 100% of pension. Union dues support the locals with a portion going to the international. Union dues don't cover medical or pension.
The company does pay as you say but in order for them to pay ya gotta pay dues unless your in a rtw state .

Here is an old Neil Diamond song lyric that seems to fit a lot of our BLUE feelings

"Song sung BLUE, weeping like a willow; (Bend over an take it)
Song sung BLUE, sleeping on my pillow ( No time to put my head on it )
Funny thing; ( Poor leadership and management)
But you can sing it with a cry in your voice; (Shout it out)
and before you know it , start to feeling good; (Get the BLUE toxin out )
you simply got no choice; (BUT TO PUT A UNION IN IT)
Song sung BLUE;
Song sung BLUE;
Funny thing (you name it)
But we can (swing) it
with a little (try) in our voice"!!!

These our my thoughts and opinion;
I did not have to concur with any one but myself
not intended to hurt your feeling
if it did, well simply throw in the BLUE towel and grow up!!

Union Yes !

This talk coming from management from both Con Way and Fed X are all about scaring you that the company can't compete and you will not be able to feed your families when the company close down is pure propaganda . The union is not going to give you guys a contract to put you out of business . The union wants you to stay in business . What good does a dead company do for the union ? What the company could do is fire all the management and hire smarter managers that know how to work with the union employees . Fact is Con Way and Fed X will do just fine and so will you with a Teamster contract . Fact is they are on an ego trip and they want you to know they are the boss / alpha dog . :1036316054:

How are there going to be pay cuts when everyone in the industry is raising wages ?? That doesn't make sense.

I believe your healthcare is better. But you did not mention that ours has a max out of pocket. I believe mine is $4400 a year. Should not bankrupt us.

our max out of pocket @ ups if you buy into the premium plan ($30/week) is $1500 per individual, I have the free package and it is $2500 max. All my lab test (blood work) is free, ct scans, pet scans, mri are free. 80/20 coverage, deductible 200 individual / 500 family. The premium is a lot better package if you have medical issues but my family is all healthy and i'm satisfied with the company paid plan.

Opinions are many and I have one...they were passed on at a time when working America was weak... Don't forget they bought cfi during this period .. This is regan style 101 ... How can the top make more??? If this company wanted to become the 3rd largest company then they have to deal with the top who are teamsters and the 2nd who will be... If I had a wish it would be I worked for ccx and we didn't have to be a giant like corporate made us
I don't work for Conway.I do wish you all well in your journey to have a voice in the workplace.Conway didn't buy CFI with your health and welfare in mind.Most everything Conway does and has done was not done for anyone's benefit except the shareholders and top executives pockets.Over the years all corporation heads have done fairly well.On the other side middle class and just workers in general have taken a great hit in the pocketbook or out of a job altogether.No matter how tough the going gets for all of you to get a contract and representation.It will be well worth the effort.This concerted effort to get representation in the workplace isn't for all of us that are in the Union already.Its all for you.I wish you well in your great endeavors.Success requires hard work and effort.

Once again, drop by your local and get the details for yourself.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk