XPO | Miami files for Union representation

Buffalo there r different plans not sure if we have one like that I'll know soon open enrollment and all that soon
Everything will stay the same as this year..it was in the pay raise video that we watched..

But, yeah, too many different plans..confusing.

they do. he is comparing the monthly union dues to the unknown but obviously higher cost of family health insurance at conway. ive asked ppl on here, and no one wants to let it out, so im guessing the premium copay for conway must be pretty high, if you want anything comparable to what we get. of course, if you have to reach into your pocket for more than a 10 dollar doctor copay, then its not as good as ours.
How much is a doctor office visit co-pay for you? just curious.

If you have the company paid HRA, it's nothing for us. Just giving facts about the confusing conway plans..

It seems that beer has a good gig and plenty of seniority - so he is not worried about his coworkers.

It seems that beer has a good gig and plenty of seniority - so he is not worried about his coworkers.

Oh...I can get knocked out like anybody else can...but, The union is all about seniority. You think just because you get a contract, it's going to produce more work? No, you still have to build seniority.

Ok, I'll stop talking about all of this, and just let it play-out. I'm never going to win any argument on here..that's for sure.

How much is a doctor office visit co-pay for you? just curious. If you have the company paid HRA, it's nothing for us. Just giving facts about the confusing conway plans..

What you conveniently keep failing to mention is after that funded first thousand dollars, the next thousand dollars is ALL out of your pocket. Married? $2000.
It then goes to 80/20 and let me tell you, it only pays 80% of what they want to.
Why don't you tell us about that part?
If you don't need it, it's great insurance.

conway people are fooled into thinking they are going to get what ups has(conway isn't that big, don't have those deep pockets),, they're not...but hey, I don't want problems..time will tell..I'm not your ememy..I'm not totally against the union, but all side need to be reviewed..or whatever a better term would be..
You have made this point several times, but you always fail to mention this;
Our pockets don't need to be nearly as deep because Conway will compensate with benefits for far fewer people, costing much less. Relative and proportional are two applicable words to use here.
Less revenue, less people, it's all good.

A lot of guys thinking about going union always refer to our situation at YRC as though we are the union. Were not, and the circumstances that everyone is so well aware of at our company are the fault of our management, not the union. We were in a tough economy and had just taken on a huge load of debt with the purchase of Roadway and Holland. It was a "perfect storm" and the situation is much different now. Don't look at YRC as an example of what happens to unionized freight companies, but rather an example of corporate greed and mismanagement . Look at how successful UPS continues to be .

conway people are fooled into thinking they are going to get what ups has(conway isn't that big, don't have those deep pockets),, they're not...but hey, I don't want problems..time will tell..I'm not your ememy..I'm not totally against the union, but all side need to be reviewed..or whatever a better term would be..

Beer actually conway freight is bigger than UPS Freight by quite a big margin. And no were just debating on an issue (Im not bashing anybody here) but take a look at the NMFA with UPS Freight and compare to what conway is giving you guys. Our health insurance is superior to any garbage 80/20 plan with HSA. Its one thing to go to the doctor for a quick check up. Where your going to get blasted is when you have serious medical conditions. That 20% of a large number equals a very large medical bill you have to pay out of pocket. Lets face it health care costs are not going down which puts all of us in a vulnerable spot especially when our best years are finished. No point in working all those years to accumulate assets only to file bankruptcy due to medical bills and lose everything. With Teamsters health insurance I can at least not worry about going broke due to becoming sick at old age.

You can see what corporate greed and mismanagement has done to con way, Ann Arbor cant blame it on the teamsters, the teamsters had nothing to do with it they stood by silently waiting for Con way employees to reach out to them, the teamsters stood on the side lines while Ann Arbor was steadily ruining the employee moral, giving pennies here and taking dollars there, demoralizing the southern states by paying them like second class citizens while the elite were getting rich in Ann Arbor. What Ann Arbor has now is a work force that is fed up and finally reaching out for teamsters help.

they do. he is comparing the monthly union dues to the unknown but obviously higher cost of family health insurance at conway. ive asked ppl on here, and no one wants to let it out, so im guessing the premium copay for conway must be pretty high, if you want anything comparable to what we get. of course, if you have to reach into your pocket for more than a 10 dollar doctor copay, then its not as good as ours.

Don't forget the $30 spouse surcharge...

A lot of guys thinking about going union always refer to our situation at YRC as though we are the union. Were not, and the circumstances that everyone is so well aware of at our company are the fault of our management, not the union. We were in a tough economy and had just taken on a huge load of debt with the purchase of Roadway and Holland. It was a "perfect storm" and the situation is much different now. Don't look at YRC as an example of what happens to unionized freight companies, but rather an example of corporate greed and mismanagement . Look at how successful UPS continues to be .

Understand that every Con-way employee has the union free philosophy embedded into our collective psyche since day 1 of employment. Part of the Con-way culture is all employees are trained to believe that a NMFA would establish such restrictive work rules as to render the company unable to compete. Thus loss of employment.

I remember that JL's whole plan was to put Yellow out of business by going after their freight and he darn near put Con-way out with non-profitable freight, increased damages and then a failure to get some core customers back. All I'm saying, in my opinion, Con-way is guilty of a few misguided decisions. Not trying to rock the boat here...

He's gonna have a heart attack if Dallas petitions... Hysteria and pandelerium rule!!!!

They just had a one week task force in Ann Arbor about how to fix dallas. Employees on the clock and not even there. Hundreds of mt rental vans parked on the street. Sales people just trying to hang on to freight. Word was service center manager was completely combat ineffective.