TForce | Negotiation time is coming soon. What are you going to ask for?

What specifically are you referring to? The $2.20 in raises or the utility driver? Please be specific.

everything we got u should get....same pay scale.......same insurance......hopefully the same pension......utility employee work as we get........not to mention peace of mind from a supervisor getting a hard on for u and u can sleep well at nite for he cant fire u because he doesnt like you......the list goes on and on......i love my job and i love being a teamster for i have been one for 25 yrs.......ask for everything.........that indy contract isnt good enough.......:smilie_132:

Once again you don't know what you are talking about. Next week, New England is sitting down with UPS for regional negotiations. This involves eight locals and their respective Officials, and is lead up by UPS Negotiator Ken Hall.

Obviously you do not know what you are talking about. The cards still have not been officially certified and it has not been posted in any of the terminals. Once it has been posted in the centers. there is a mandatory wait period of 45 days before negotiations can commence. So someone is feeding you the wrong information. (I wonder who would do that) :grinning-smiley-021

If you think a road driver should get paid by the hour. You sure have fuzzy math. We average a lot more than $22.00 an hour.:1036316054:

From my terminal, we have double turns that pay 432 miles with 2.7 hours of drop/hook pay. No delay time is paid, although these drivers put in 12 to 14 hours per night with sometimes as much as 2.5 hours layover on their last trip and might see an hour of the delay pay (in a 14 hour day).

For the sake of this comparison, I will use 21.50 per hour and 54.5 cpm and on the hourly side, I'm assuming an average of 54 miles per hour.

(432x.545=235.44) + (21.5x2.7=58.05) = 293.49 per night or 76307.40 per year (multiplied by 260)

2.7 hours in hook time plus 8 hours drive time (432/54) equals 10.7 hours. Factoring OT after 8, it comes out to 259.08 for the first four days. In day five, the entire day would be OT, so you'd make 345.08 and the total would be 1381.40 for the week or 71832 per year.

Anyone who knows this job knows that these drivers don't hook and book every time they come in and they NEVER get into South Holland and out in .7 hours. Factoring in an additional half hour each night of waiting time, or 4192 per year your yearly total on hourly is now up to 76025. Making it one hour per night in delay time (which includes excessive hook time, traffic delays or simple waiting time), which is more likely for our guys, the yearly total is 81950 for 11.7 hours.

The bottom line is that our guys are putting in 12+ hours per day and with OT after 8 and 40, they'd come out better than getting the mileage and hourly. This is a terminal by terminal issue and at some places mileage might be better. Hourly might be as well.

I know I asked that we not debate things here so as to keep the thread short enough for those who want to use it as a resource, but I did want to work to dispel the myth that mileage comes out better in all cases. Clearly in a 550 mile turn with no delay time you'd be better off on mileage, but you need to examine this for your terminal. Also, I know that with UPS, their feeder drivers get paid hourly and those going over 500 miles get mileage and you NEVER hear them complain about being paid by the hour. Something to consider, that's all.

why have a union if we all have different contracts? the word union = unify, uniformity, same thing thru-out the system. if each terminal has their own specifics, what I do at my home terminal could be a violation somewhere else. Isn`t one of the reasons we are joining the union because each place has done what it wants to anyway.

why have a union if we all have different contracts? the word union = unify, uniformity, same thing thru-out the system. if each terminal has their own specifics, what I do at my home terminal could be a violation somewhere else. Isn`t one of the reasons we are joining the union because each place has done what it wants to anyway.

You are correct, But we all will be under the same contract. The contract that was ratified at the Indy terminal is the base (model) contract for the entire company that is recognized as union terminals. There will be some changes to the contract which are supplements and will supersede the language in the base contract.

Obviously you do not know what you are talking about. The cards still have not been officially certified and it has not been posted in any of the terminals. Once it has been posted in the centers. there is a mandatory wait period of 45 days before negotiations can commence. So someone is feeding you the wrong information. (I wonder who would do that) :grinning-smiley-021

Lay off the exhaust pipe!!! Our 45 days were up about 2 weeks ago. Oh BTW, they have to recognize the cards before the 45 days begins. Thats why the cards first get verified by UPS and the Union and then sent to Washington to be counted and recognized. Then the 45 days start so that other interested unions will have a chance to petition the NLRB to hold an election if they believe they can get at least 30% of the vote. If there are no petitions filed, then at the end of that period, negotiations can begin. They call this process "the law".

Do me a favor. Keep posting your remarks. Its almost as good as reading something out of the National Enquirer. I do think you might have missed your calling though. Have you ever concidered writting fiction? :hysterical:

One seniorty list, return of the 401K with a 10% match, 5 sick days, 2 personal days.vacation pay, paid at your weekly avg.Union health INS.witch is pay for in your due's (this is N.E. shovel the -hit outside,hurt your back,out 2 mth. O nothing but due's)elimination of the 2 hr. window an the 90%, want 100%, on the list punch the clock you get 8. got to take care of are brother's an sister's,that's just some of the things, O an by the way are due's are 2 3/4 not 2 1/2 extra 1/4 go'es to the strike fund, was told N.E. is one of the few place's where there is only one list.mind as well keep tradition.

One seniorty list, return of the 401K with a 10% match, 5 sick days, 2 personal days.vacation pay, paid at your weekly avg.Union health INS.witch is pay for in your due's (this is N.E. shovel the -hit outside,hurt your back,out 2 mth. O nothing but due's)elimination of the 2 hr. window an the 90%, want 100%, on the list punch the clock you get 8. got to take care of are brother's an sister's,that's just some of the things, O an by the way are due's are 2 3/4 not 2 1/2 extra 1/4 go'es to the strike fund, was told N.E. is one of the few place's where there is only one list.mind as well keep tradition.

WHAT????? You forget us dumbsh!ts don't understand your high intellect......

I'm all about working to keep the match on the 401K, and I believe legally if it is not kept it will have to be renamed a 403-b per fed regs. I could be off on this
:

A 401K without a match is still a 401K. 403Bs are similar but are for teachers and others that work for not profit employers.

Union health INS.witch is pay for in your due's

Union dues go toward paying the expenses of running the union. The insurance is paid by our employers to the union who in turn pays an insurance company (I have United Health Care)to cover us all.

Union dues go toward paying the expenses of running the union. The insurance is paid by our employers to the union who in turn pays an insurance company (I have United Health Care)to cover us all.

true except in our case where the insurance is paid by us the employees.

Well considering we are in the same neg. currently some of the issues you have stated are exactly what we asked for.

One list.
Get rid of the 2 hr. window.
Punch the clock for 8.
Paid insurance, exactly what we have now.
Better dental.
8 sick\ discretionary days. ( small package has this)
No truck routes in the city means just that.
Capped weight roads under truck weight means no delivery.
Road drivers get paid for all time spent on duty at full rate.
Vacation is percentage for all.
No STAIRS.
Drivers discretion for sno days or should I say weather related emergencies..

It seems we asked for the same in the contract. Now lets see what happens, we also asked for maintenance of standards, and a slew of other things.

Now we play the waiting game.

do you want the kitchen sink too?
I took crossroads post as a joke. I don't think you guys would get half of that. But I guess that is how negoitiations work, aim high.

I took crossroads post as a joke. I don't think you guys would get half of that. But I guess that is how negoitiations work, aim high.

Well, the hall asked, and we threw it at them, appearently most of what I have mentioned seems to be the conscensus of all involved in the negotiations.

And yes, I will take the kitchen sink too:biglaugh:. Now on a further note, do not hold your breath, this should be interesting.

Oh, I forgot some. we also ask for two more holiday's.President's day an Veteran's day.