XPO | New Driver Pay Package

Real Funny how some people see this Ghost info and the rest don't I work in Charlotte and we have been told and seen absolutely crapola
Some said today we had Teamsters standing outside our gate handing out union cards ? I didn't see it too busy worrying about doing my job I guess . it would be really nice if Our TM would Share this Info if in deed this is the Gospel ! And Not some Trucker line of Bull :::shit::: that we all accustomed too !!!
It's true. Your TM needs a kick in the ass. They were all on the conference call.

Nobody deserved to be "pissed on", but if anyone should get first choices, favoritism, or the upper hand,.......it should be the senior drivers. That's one of the only ways that long-term loyalty can be rewarded.

A lot of people in the younger generation don't want to pay their dues nowadays. Our youth has developed into an entitlement bunch. Nobody is entitled to anything better than what everyone else has always had, so you have to be patient and take your lumps, just like the oldsters had to do.

This debate could go on forever, but the older guys deserve to have their seniority respected and honored, and the younger guys will continue to want change, which only benefits them.

The saga continues....................:popcorn:
Yeah Flash, not sure if we're drinkin from the same waterin hole, or if it's a matter of upbringing. But I'll say it again and again, "those of us with this mentality are a dying breed", it's a damn shame.

Most of us that have been here any decent amount of time, remember back in the day. When things get slow you really have to watch your " p " s and " q " s.
Your point is a good one that nobody ever talks about.

Everywhere that I've ever worked, when it got slow and the company could afford to get rid of a few bad employees, that's when management got cocky and tried to thin the herd.
:hide:

i dont see ot after 8 being in our future, it'll be after 40 at best

Some states here in the 48, I believe, actually require ot wages. I don't know about after 8 but more than likely after 40. There will always be this struggle and it's a major issue to those of us in red headed stepchild land we call the south. It needs to be addressed and corrected.

Some states here in the 48, I believe, actually require ot wages. I don't know about after 8 but more than likely after 40. There will always be this struggle and it's a major issue to those of us in red headed stepchild land we call the south. It needs to be addressed and corrected.
My state requires it, but there is a transportation exemption which I believe is a federal regulation. They don't have to pay us overtime like they do. They are just being generous. I bet they are required to pay overtime to Upnorth.

My state requires it, but there is a transportation exemption which I believe is a federal regulation. They don't have to pay us overtime like they do. They are just being generous. I bet they are required to pay overtime to Upnorth.
They are. Daily. The law says after 9 hours, Conway pays after 8. They also pay us overtime on linehaul too.

In what situation are you paid overtime during line haul ops? Are you paid hourly/mileage for your shift or hourly-only for a 12 -14 hour shift or is it something like working more than 8 hrs at one location?

What the rules for Canada? All hourly and no mileage?
I don't know. But , there are threads about Canada in the archives that might answer your questions OR you can ask the Canadian drivers.

PS - I bumped up a relevant thread and asked a similar question. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
It's true. Your TM needs a kick in the ass. They were all on the conference call.

Many of us in Charlotte would Agree with you on that one and probably many that are not from Charlotte as well He come from Texas and I am not saying anything bad about Texas but I am sure their are folks in Texas that know him and would agree with us here in Charlotte ! He is the Worst Tm we have had in our Terminal since I have been their ! I have heard we have had worse though way way back !

I don't know. But , there are threads about Canada in the archives that might answer your questions OR you can ask the Canadian drivers.

PS - I bumped up a relevant thread and asked a similar question. Hope this helps.
We get paid both mileage and hourly. Dock, border, breakdown etc is hourly. However, federal law says if you work over 60 hours in a week, they must pay us OT for the hours worked above 60. They do their best to limit us to 60, but most of us go over every week.

We get paid both mileage and hourly. Dock, border, breakdown etc is hourly. However, federal law says if you work over 60 hours in a week, they must pay us OT for the hours worked above 60. They do their best to limit us to 60, but most of us go over every week.

We get OT after 50 Hrs here in North Carolina rarely see it though once in awhile they do their best to keep us under 50 but they work us right up to it as much as possible !

We get OT after 50 Hrs here in North Carolina rarely see it though once in awhile they do their best to keep us under 50 but they work us right up to it as much as possible !
I guess back in the day when con-way was all separate companies they all had different pay scales and different way they paid OT if any. I heard of something like 25 different ways. When Con-way became one company they was no effort to make the system the same across the country. I believe they did nothing because why should I pay OT to a guy in NC when he work over 8hrs a day like I do in the NE so they left it alone. Then as tech got cheaper and boards like this came along were driver from across the system could trade info is when they started the change. As of last year's raise, from what was told to me, there were 5 different pay scales but the way the OT is paid is still the same as is was. This is a very big item and problem Mr. Jacob's has to address and the fact of the matter is that this change will be disliked and liked depending on were you are.

This thread is comical.
I'd recommend getting on the CB and asking a J.B. Hunt, Schneider, or Werner driver what XPO's new driver pay package is........it would be just about as accurate.
:biglaugh:

So, I asked a Swift driver at the truck stop. You know what he said ? I'd be scared if I were you. I'm glad I'm not in your shoes.

Well, shoot me in the head right now. I thought that I had the " GOOD " job and that " HE " was bad off.

So, I asked a Swift driver at the truck stop. You know what he said ? I'd be scared if I were you. I'm glad I'm not in your shoes.

Well, shoot me in the head right now. I thought that I had the " GOOD " job and that " HE " was bad off.
I am surprised the Swift driver spoke english well enough for you to have a conversation with him.