TForce | New Retirement Options

You been scratching yourself again. :mfight:

Oh skeeter, if I wasn't in such a good mood, I could get myself banned for what I would like to post in reply. By the way the national contract will be done by the end of the month. It will probably pass. Why? Most guys are tired of waiting and will take what they can get. We have passed the contract around my terminal and about 85% of the guys will be content with it. My own local President said he doesn't like the contract, as compared to the NMFA, but I had to tell him, the fact is, it is better than what we have now. Which is nothing. I don't think 50% +1 is going to be a problem.

Oh skeeter, if I wasn't in such a good mood, I could get myself banned for what I would like to post in reply. By the way the national contract will be done by the end of the month. It will probably pass. Why? Most guys are tired of waiting and will take what they can get. We have passed the contract around my terminal and about 85% of the guys will be content with it. My own local President said he doesn't like the contract, as compared to the NMFA, but I had to tell him, the fact is, it is better than what we have now. Which is nothing. I don't think 50% +1 is going to be a problem.

VOTE NO!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate to interrupt all this fun, but regarding the original thread, doesn't package have 25 and out, 30 and out? So I don't see why they wouldn't have something like that for you too. I am NMFA Western and we have an 80 and out. Someone was also talking about where you would be if UPS hadn't bought you. In this bigger is better world we live in today, I think Overnite would be gone not too far down the road if they hadn't bought you. Way back when we first were hearing that UPS was looking for an LTL truckline, we, that is Yellow, Roadway, ABF, CF, were all hoping it would be us. Belonging to that monster meant job security for sure. We were all hurting at the time, and were willing to take our chances with them versus going out of business.

Parcel has 20,25,30 an out under the new contract.

I hate to interrupt all this fun, but regarding the original thread, doesn't package have 25 and out, 30 and out? So I don't see why they wouldn't have something like that for you too. I am NMFA Western and we have an 80 and out. Someone was also talking about where you would be if UPS hadn't bought you. In this bigger is better world we live in today, I think Overnite would be gone not too far down the road if they hadn't bought you. Way back when we first were hearing that UPS was looking for an LTL truckline, we, that is Yellow, Roadway, ABF, CF, were all hoping it would be us. Belonging to that monster meant job security for sure. We were all hurting at the time, and were willing to take our chances with them versus going out of business.

From what I am hearing from the hall this is one of the things they are talking about 25 out,30 out. Another thing is the retirement INS.

Another thing is the Health INS. Alot of people thinks it suck's. So somethin is brewin. No details as of yet except for the fact that they are still negotiating.

There going after a national contract becuase they know the one negoitiated for indy was not up to par. Remember strength in numbers.

If the majority of union members reject the contract offer, that will be great. True democracy. If it paases the same will apply.:1036316054:

It might pass for Indy. But I think the majority of ex-O's will vote it down and send them back to the table if it is like the Indy contract.:funky:

By the way the national contract will be done by the end of the month. It will probably pass. Why? Most guys are tired of waiting and will take what they can get. We have passed the contract around my terminal and about 85% of the guys will be content with it. My own local President said he doesn't like the contract, as compared to the NMFA, but I had to tell him, the fact is, it is better than what we have now. Which is nothing. I don't think 50% +1 is going to be a problem.

BusterNite said:
VOTE NO!!!!!!!!!!!

How about waiting to actually read the National before we decide one way or the other. Is Indy perfect, No. Better than what we have now, yes. Could we get more out of a National, probably. Should you ever accept the first offer, probably not, but it depends on the content, not the rumors, even from Frank, god bless him.

Why don't both sides hold off on the sales pitches for this contract until we actually have something to sell? :2lm16xk:

How about waiting to actually read the National before we decide one way or the other. Is Indy perfect, No. Better than what we have now, yes. Could we get more out of a National, probably. Should you ever accept the first offer, probably not, but it depends on the content, not the rumors, even from Frank, god bless him.

Why don't both sides hold off on the sales pitches for this contract until we actually have something to sell? :2lm16xk:
Probably the best thing to do at this point, besides I think if INDY ( and I will probably eat my words) was best at the first round table meeting for the northeast, I think we would have seen it by now, It's been 4 weeks now scince negotiations have started for the northeast.

I have read the National Contract. Word for word and I will read it again when they are done rewording some of the language in the National Contract. (Indy Contract) Don't worry, Good,bad or indifferent, When all said and done, The contract WILL get ratified. A plan from the beginning. I don't care how many vote no, The contract will still get ratified.

It might pass for Indy. But I think the majority of ex-O's will vote it down and send them back to the table if it is like the Indy contract.:funky:

The question is? What will a no vote do the force them to give more? You have to back it up with something. Not just vote no.

Skeeter, It does not matter how many people vote it down. On a National level this will get ratified just as the PARCEL and NMFA got ratified. So lets hope that the changes of language in the Indy contract actually do protect the employees.

The question is? What will a no vote do the force them to give more? You have to back it up with something. Not just vote no.

I don't understand you liebstandarte. You will fight tooth and nail against all odds with Overnite. But when it comes to a union contract you want to just lay down and die. Taking what ever they give from the kindness of their heart.
Let me clue you in UPS has no heart. The teamsters are just as desperate as we are when they go up against UPS.
So it is JUST up to the rank in file to get what we deserve. Are not we the drivers, and dock workers the bread and butter of this company. Would any of them from CEO on down have a job if not for us.
Yes, Voting the contract down would have a profound effect. It will even be in the news. That is the last thing UPS wants.
Don't fight the good fight this far to accept a sub par contract now.
The local 150 is covered under the NMFA and don't pay for their medical. What have they done for us to deserve that and we don't.
We will be union and you are already represented by the union if they try to pull something. Hold out we deserve it.:1036316054:

We all can vote no and it will still get ratified. Remember I said this.

Sadly enough I think you might be right. I still have not found the first parcel driver or nmfa driver who voted yes. And I have ask 25 different drivers or more. It must work on a electoral type system .