New TB group

RickyRicardo

TB Regular
Credits
I have started a group called Vaping Forum where I have started a discussion on ecigs, or Electronic Cigarettes.

I am not spamming or trying to sell any goods or services whatsoever.

Just honest discussion from a weakling who is finally tobacco free but whose addictive personality still needs a hand to mouth habit.

Please feel free to drop by with questions or comments, or even just idle curiosity.

Thank-you
RR

I quit 35 years ago and still get the urge to light up. Said the heck with this when cigarettes hit fifty cents a pack.

I quit 35 years ago and still get the urge to light up. Said the heck with this when cigarettes hit fifty-cents a pack.
I remember the first time I paid a dollar. I was in Florida, 1981 I think. I gave the lady a dollar bill and just stood there waiting.

"Did you need anything else?" the lady asks me.

"No ma'am, just waiting on my change," I replied.

"There isn't any," she informed me.

I wonder how much of smoking cigarettes was because of the nicotine addiction versus habit. It won't be long before ecigs are regulated by the government for tax revenue. The mayor of Albuquerque is talking about banning the sale of ecigs to minors.

I wonder how much of smoking cigarettes was because of the nicotine addiction versus habit. It won't be long before ecigs are regulated by the government for tax revenue. The mayor of Albuquerque is talking about banning the sale of ecigs to minors.
Oh, the nicotine is for real. One reason Skoal or chew is so addictive is because there is a steady stream of nicotine going into the bloodstream a long as it's in the mouth as opposed to the lung blast you get from a smoke.

I made the dumb mistake of thinking I could use Skoal to wean off of smoking years ago and ended up with two habits.

I'm on a lower level with the vapor and could feel it coming off the real thing. I'm gradually dialing it down. And I'm staying away from the tobacco flavors that remind me of the real thing.

It won't be long before ecigs are regulated by the government for tax revenue.

I'm sure the are already trying to figure out a way to cash in. The thing is, all the ingredients are easily available to make your own juice. They would probably go for a tax on the liquid nicotine since the other ingredients all have other uses.

I'm sure the are already trying to figure out a way to cash in. The thing is, all the ingredients are easily available to make your own juice. They would probably go for a tax on the liquid nicotine since the other ingredients all have other uses.

Kinda like cooking meth.

Kinda like cooking meth.
Kind of, but not the best example since the flavorings are what you would use in making cakes and candies, not real sinister.

And the food grade.vegetable glycerin is used for herbal remedies, completely edible; in fact most use Kosher approved.

The only harmful ingredient is the actual nicotine, which some folks that just want something tasty to puff on, leave out.

I don't see a comparison to meth or any other illegal drug. I am curious why you would compare it to meth

"The thing is, all the ingredients are easily available to make your own juice." To this I replied, Kinda like cooking meth.

"The thing is, all the ingredients are easily available to make your own juice." To this I replied, Kinda like cooking meth.
Nott like battery acid and all that other crap. You should educate yourself. It's a lot more natural than we know. Its
been successful in helping smokers quit smoking, and other things as well.

I've seen a lot of people with these, oil based E-cigs
images

My sister-in-law had one last time she was here and now she's off completely. I'm looking for a place that has them, so I can try it out.
Seen guys at work with them hanging around their necks too. One got kicked out of the drivers room for using it..lol

Seen guys at work with them hanging around their necks too. One got kicked out of the drivers room for using it..lol
I just leave mine in the truck as I did my smokes, since I'm so used to not being able to smoke anywhere anyway. And yes, you can get mean looks from folks who freak out if they even think they see somebody smoking, even if they can't smell it.

I've had non smokers tell me how good my cab smells now. I have been using vanilla flavored juice and soon to whip up some strawberry and blueberry. I never worry about cracking a window anymore because there is no tar or other residue. No ashes to make a mess either.

I just leave mine in the truck as I did my smokes, since I'm so used to not being able to smoke anywhere anyway. And yes, you can get mean looks from folks who freak out if they even think they see somebody smoking, even if they can't smell it.

I've had non smokers tell me how good my cab smells now. I have been using vanilla flavored juice and soon to whip up some strawberry and blueberry. I never worry about cracking a window anymore because there is no tar or other residue. No ashes to make a mess either.
Yeah..I really need to get one...it's getting awfully cold to go out in the garage for a smoke.

I've seen a lot of people with these, oil based E-cigs
images

My sister-in-law had one last time she was here and now she's off completely. I'm looking for a place that has them, so I can try it out.
I heard something on the news a couple weeks ago, that Chicago was banning ecigs anywhere that cigarettes weren't allowed.

I really really want one of these bad babies! I gave up cigarettes many moons ago, so I will be using juice with no nicotine. I can't wait to try the different flavors.

I heard something on the news a couple weeks ago, that Chicago was banning ecigs anywhere that cigarettes weren't allowed.

I really really want one of these bad babies! I gave up cigarettes many moons ago, so I will be using juice with no nicotine. I can't wait to try the different flavors.

Those are definitely sharp. Gotta love the chrome Lol. The only drawback for me is the smaller tank and the need to refill more often. Great for home use though.

I'm looking for a place that has them, so I can try it out.
Come by and join the group when you get a chance and maybe I can help out. I'm no expert by any stretch, but maybe I can help you avoid some of the trial and error pitfalls I went through.

I've discovered that just because somebody works in a retail outlet doesn't always make them the most knowledgeable person to talk to, although some know their stuff. I learned more sifting through endless Youtube reviews and tutorials and even some of those are suspect when they are getting freebies from a manufacturer.

But I really enjoy it now and spend no more than five bucks a week on my new addiction.

I never knew that the P2P was easily available. I'm sure that's a good thing though.

Google "vape shops" and the name of your town. You might have one nearby. If not, there are tons of stores to order from online, including Amazon and Ebay.