Yellow | new trucks all the yrc guys r waiving

Pull the pins, hit a couple of gears , hit the brakes and watch her slid that fifth wheel. Ah remember doing those conversions in the snow and ice, that was an event to watch;)

The cab drops you off. Bitter cold, howling wind, snow over the hubs. You're in the dark Burlington, Vt. terminal. Can't find the easy slide bar, last Driver left it on the ground, it will be plowed away in the morning. Ice and caked snow on frame rails, your fingers are numb. You say to yourself...why did I come to work! Ok, 1 1/2 hrs. later, your jiffed up, and hooked to your 48 ftr.. Your feet are soaked, gloves are soaked, now, you have to burn your way out onto the street, hwy. and try to get down US 7, Vt. 22a, 149 to the NY. 87s Northway, looking better, here comes Albany, onto the NY. Thru-way 87s, 200 more miles [down the Ho-chi- Minh]. I got er made.

YRC tossed 3 of us out of our assigned P&D trucks the other night and said they were shipping them out.
Now we know where they went. 24 yrs with these clowns and I now stand around everyday waiting to see what total pile of crap I will get to drive that day.
YRC taking care of business.

I don't have any fashion sense and even I can see that that's ugly. I have always thought that Schneider Orange was the ugliest truck/ trailer on the road. Congratulations, Schneider you are now #2.

The cab drops you off. Bitter cold, howling wind, snow over the hubs. You're in the dark Burlington, Vt. terminal. Can't find the easy slide bar, last Driver left it on the ground, it will be plowed away in the morning. Ice and caked snow on frame rails, your fingers are numb. You say to yourself...why did I come to work! Ok, 1 1/2 hrs. later, your jiffed up, and hooked to your 48 ftr.. Your feet are soaked, gloves are soaked, now, you have to burn your way out onto the street, hwy. and try to get down US 7, Vt. 22a, 149 to the NY. 87s Northway, looking better, here comes Albany, onto the NY. Thru-way 87s, 200 more miles [down the Ho-chi- Minh]. I got er made.

You had the southerner's lost at bitter cold and howling wind. What would make that trip even better was a worn out set of drives and a new set of tires on the jiff. Ahhhh, the stuff dreams are made of.

The original Roadway # would be six digits. Starting with an 8. I doubt that would still be written in the interior, but it might. After the merger, when they were De-processed and put in the city, they put 4 digit #'s on them starting with a 6.

Keep in mind the second number was the year, the first VN's from the late 90's were a 42 month lease and we opted out of the purchase price since it was higher then market value at the time.
They were 894xxx, the first owned VN's were 2000's 804xxx now found as city units in the low 24xxx.
Taxing my memory here but the 4 was for Volvo/White, 6 was for Mack, 5 I think was Freightliners, 7 for KW's;
The Aluminum front wheels were on the WCA 814xxx numbers from 1991 :)

Keep in mind the second number was the year, the first VN's from the late 90's were a 42 month lease and we opted out of the purchase price since it was higher then market value at the time. They were 894xxx, the first owned VN's were 2000's 804xxx now found as city units in the low 24xxx. Taxing my memory here but the 4 was for Volvo/White, 6 was for Mack, 5 I think was Freightliners, 7 for KW's; The Aluminum front wheels were on the WCA 814xxx numbers from 1991 :)
International's had a 8.

Pull the pins, hit a couple of gears , hit the brakes and watch her slid that fifth wheel. Ah remember doing those conversions in the snow and ice, that was an event to watch;)

Don't slam them brakes too hard. Ya don't what to show up back at the relay with a 5th wheel stuck UNDER the cab!!!!:nono_h4h:

Or hit a couple of gears and not realize the rollers worked real well and see 5th wheel fall off back end of frame to the ground???

It was suppose to have a stop to prevent that, the 5th wheel falling off the front of a Jiff when the leg was not locked was the bigger issue :)

u got it. this truck pulls very well. i had 14k in a 53 box going up Stormville mtn (east fishkill, ny) & didn't have to drop a gear. Its not all roses, there is an annoying beeping noise inside the dash that comes on and off. also the abs lite for the truck doesn't shut off. i found another button almost like a parking brake button but it was all black and said "use only for low gear only". whats that about?

If I remember right that extra button is the differential lock for extra traction at low speeds.

It was suppose to have a stop to prevent that, the 5th wheel falling off the front of a Jiff when the leg was not locked was the bigger issue :)

Yep. But you know a lot of them were either bent or gone. Loved it when a driver would come in terminal and ask if we could come outside with a forklift??? Our place had no ramp to get outside. Call the vendor!!!!

You had the southerner's lost at bitter cold and howling wind. What would make that trip even better was a worn out set of drives and a new set of tires on the jiff. Ahhhh, the stuff dreams are made of.

Your right Doublclutcher, I left that to the interpretation and imagination of the reader. Many nights in just rain, I would spin my way up the Fort Lee, NJ. hill on I-80 towards the GWB, with tire combo's you write about.:smilie93C_peelout:

Don't slam them brakes too hard. Ya don't what to show up back at the relay with a 5th wheel stuck UNDER the cab!!!!:nono_h4h:

Yeah, can't blame the vendors for that ! Some guys really got carried away, and jumped the stop tabs. Now, Guys like us, would put the pry bar in a frame hole if this method had to be used as a last resort.., to protect the cab and muffler.

Yep. But you know a lot of them were either bent or gone. Loved it when a driver would come in terminal and ask if we could come outside with a forklift??? Our place had no ramp to get outside. Call the vendor!!!!

When we first merged, I was running to a Yellow terminal, E. Islip, LI. The switcher came in one night and got me, he said he had dropped the 5th wheel off my 839 Sterling onto the ground. He was in a panic. I said do we have a straight truck with a lift gate ? He said yes, problem solved.

I like it. It could be worse, it could be white. It's got personality. I'd love to drive it, but then I like beater old pickups too.

Exactly, my friend. Now we look like Con-way and Fed-Ex. How can NPME be... The GREEN MACHINE WITH WHITE TRUCKS ?

Yeah, can't blame the vendors for that ! Some guys really got carried away, and jumped the stop tabs. Now, Guys like us, would put the pry bar in a frame hole if this method had to be used as a last resort.., to protect the cab and muffler.

I was fortunate enough to get a couple spare pins. One for the hole closest to the cab and one just in case!

was the roadway terminal @ 123 Orion Dr Colchester, VT. if it was its now a new penn barn. i've been there once

we have yellow ones 2. all the yellow ones are based out of south kearny nj. after super storm sandy the kearny barn was flooded out, we lost most of our trucks. so yrc gave them a deal, there are about 30 yellow trucks and 10 roadway trucks. the roadway trucks r painted orange n blue