Yellow | new trucks all the yrc guys r waiving

I retired 06/01/2009 at age 58 after 28 years with Roadway because I felt that YRCW was about to go under. I'm glad that I did. If Yellow Corp. had never bought Roadway Corp., I believe Roadway Express would still be in business today.

I retired 06/01/2009 at age 58 after 28 years with Roadway because I felt that YRCW was about to go under. I'm glad that I did. If Yellow Corp. had never bought Roadway Corp., I believe Roadway Express would still be in business today.

If Maislin had never bought Gateway and stuck to what they did best they might still be in business today and I might have had 4 million miles safe driving by now! :bgroovy: :hide:

Then again I would have never been here on the YRC Freight forum (the thought of which might please a few people). :LMAO:

If Maislin had never bought Gateway and stuck to what they did best they might still be in business today and I might have had 4 million miles safe driving by now! :bgroovy: :hide:

Then again I would have never been here on the YRC Freight forum (the thought of which might please a few people). :LMAO:
I wouldn't of retired in 2009 if Roadway Express was still around.

I may be mistaken, wasn't it 1997 that we got the first VNs? 884XXX

Yes that was the first batch of 42 month lease they were 98 model year, the original idea was to by them at the end of the lease and use as P&D units but when the time came the bottom fell out of the used truck market and the buy out was about 10 grand more then they sold for on the open market.

Now what in the heck did New Penn do to deserve this?! SMDH....I feel I need to apologize for that (as a YRC guy)!!!

The story we got in South Kearny was that the town Officials informed new penn that they are between 2 rivers and should consider moving their equipment before the storm, The Vice president did not want to pay man hours to move the equipment. These were trucks YRC had taken out of service 2 years earlier and made new penn PAY for them. The towing company is now used so often that he wants a regular start time. But they will be fine once we get the kinks out, Its just because they sat out of service so long. We were also told they would all be painted white( about 5 have been) but that seems to have changed to they will be painted white after fender benders to big to be fixed with silver duct tape occur.

And YES that Vice President is still employed.

Wrench97 one of the more obscure numbering ideas was 89XXX. Some were 1989 R model Macks and most were WCA Volvo triples tractors.

Sometimes it got off track with special test units, the 200 or so 1986 C800s with power steering were numbered 10xxx while the non power steering C800 16xxx, at the time the first number being a 1 meant it was a P&D tractor the second digit was the year, that started in 1979 with 1980 LN8000"s.
Straight trucks didn't fit the pattern either they started out being a 2xxxx but then it was decided to make retired L/H tractors 2's and it was all down hill from there in the P&D fleet numbering program, Line Haul kept it pretty straight up until merge now there are numbers that as I walk out to look for a unit make me wonder if I'm looking for a tractor or a trailer..........................

Nice match
a2c36a9a8bd465469c3306fbd62c3d93.jpg

At Holland I remember one of the rag tops having written inside of it Barnum and Bailey circus.... I thought that would never come true..

Did you find the hood release tabs, and try the differential lock for functionality ?
:shift:

Yes, I use the tabs daily during my pre-trip. She's a bit rusty, but never uses oil.

My only regret is that I can no longer find a gear, with which, to "jiff-up!"

BTW, mine is still heritage Roadway with an extremely faded R on the windscreen.

Yes, I use the tabs daily during my pre-trip. She's a bit rusty, but never uses oil.

My only regret is that I can no longer find a gear, with which, to "jiff-up!"

BTW, mine is still heritage Roadway with an extremely faded R on the windscreen.

I have a new hippie R logo in the parts trailer, and a not so new Jifflock out back. :biglaugh: