TForce | New Trucks

hugnlug

TB Veteran
Credits
I was just on UPSers and read that we buy approx. 400 new tractors a year. Divide that by 200 terminals and each terminal gets 2 new trucks a year. I sincerely hope that UPS rethinks this formula. We need city equipment. We have a bunch of old road volvo's and int'ls that have well over a million miles and are on there last tread. And they certainly do not look like UPS equipment. Tired, dirty and in dis-repair!!!

We have a SSD terminal near us and UPSF replaced most all of the SSD tractors with new Volvo sleepers. Most all of the sleepers I see on their yard are all new. They have more tractors than you can shake a stick at.

We have a SSD terminal near us and UPSF replaced most all of the SSD tractors with new Volvo sleepers. Most all of the sleepers I see on their yard are all new. They have more tractors than you can shake a stick at.

Be nice if they would share the wealth. I am surrounded with volvo's that have hand cranks for starting, get's a little hard in the winter dont you know....:biglaugh:

I've seen some of the New SSD tractors that are painted all gray.

One was pulling a new Freight box. It looked like a rolling Battle Ship

........................the USS UPS

I've seen some of the New SSD tractors that are painted all gray.

One was pulling a new Freight box. It looked like a rolling Battle Ship

........................the USS UPS

All the ones that I have seen are either all white, navy blue or they have the new UPSF paint job on them. One of the SSD guys parks his rig in our yard and his tractor is all white.

All the ones that I have seen are either all white, navy blue or they have the new UPSF paint job on them. One of the SSD guys parks his rig in our yard and his tractor is all white.

The new ones that came into SLC were all white and then sent out for paint...I figured they would come in painted...Maybe they had already ordered them white or it sped up the time frame by painting them ourselves....And there is already one in the shop that rolled....I haven't even got mine painted yet and someone else has had time to find a ditch with theirs......Joking ( but I'm jealous anyway)

Forget it about sharing new tractors with the Special Service division.
I'd much rather have my old 1995 Volvo day cab,than a brand new California Condo sleeper to do my city route.
I got customers I've got to do blind backs into their places.
Or I'd have a mighty long walk making many trips with my hand cart.

I need the back window in my old klunker day cab to do these backs.
Yes I can do blind backs just using the mirrors.
But its a whole lot safer,and faster looking out the back window.

I was just on UPSers and read that we buy approx. 400 new tractors a year. Divide that by 200 terminals and each terminal gets 2 new trucks a year. I sincerely hope that UPS rethinks this formula. We need city equipment. We have a bunch of old road volvo's and int'ls that have well over a million miles and are on there last tread. And they certainly do not look like UPS equipment. Tired, dirty and in dis-repair!!!

Didn't you know that's UPS's policy 1.5 million on the road then put to city for another 500 thousand then crush it:chairshot:

"O" POLICY= Until the wheels fall off and the floor boards rust out.
For those do-it-yourselfers, go to your local recycling bin and grab some aluminum cans. Cut the cans into 4"x4" strips, hot glue the edges together, then place over rotted hole in floor. When placed properly, procede cautiously with duct tape around the outer edge. Be sure not to tape anything vital to your new floor like accelarator, clutch or brake. This will void the duct tape warranty.

PS UPS says don't forget your safety glasses and mask!! Remember safety is job #1!!!!

Hand Cranks :biglaugh: :biglaugh: Need some Duct tape and bailing wire too? U know I traded my UPS stock for Duct tape stock it'll do better:hysterical:

Well as a matter of fact I do, my hand crank broke this morning in the 40 below weather we is having in these parts, and I may have too scrape up a little change for the headlight or headcandle I should say, the wic burnt out....:biglaugh:

I wonder if they will stick with Volvo? We have at least 1 Volvo at the dealer every week replacing EGR valves or camshafts. I think we need to invent internal duct tape to hold these EGR valves open!

I wonder if they will stick with Volvo? We have at least 1 Volvo at the dealer every week replacing EGR valves or camshafts. I think we need to invent internal duct tape to hold these EGR valves open!

We have had that problem with most of the Volvos we have in my barn. Is it me or O used to by more tractors than what we've seen with Buster Brown in charge?

For those do-it-yourselfers, go to your local recycling bin and grab some aluminum cans. Cut the cans into 4"x4" strips, hot glue the edges together, then place over rotted hole in floor. When placed properly, procede cautiously with duct tape around the outer edge. Be sure not to tape anything vital to your new floor like accelarator, clutch or brake. This will void the duct tape warranty.

PS UPS says don't forget your safety glasses and mask!! Remember safety is job #1!!!!

You forgot the gloves driver- eliminates pain scars and posssible infection....

1241? You lucky dog!! That's one of the nice new trucks. Well I'm jealous, but more power to ya!!

BTW, did you find out about that SAL thing?

Been on vacation and doing the driver trainer training so I haven't had a chance to find out.....I'll go to SLC on tuesday so I will ask then

And yes there is times seniority has its advantages....The only prob is 65 but beyond that the truck is all good.....[/B]