TForce | New Trucks

Been on vacation and doing the driver trainer training so I haven't had a chance to find out.....I'll go to SLC on tuesday so I will ask then

And yes there is times seniority has its advantages....The only prob is 65 but beyond that the truck is all good.....[/B]

10-4. You're doing the train the trainer like Apo?

So now are you a certified UPS freight driver trainer greezy trucker?

Who else on here are driver trainers?
I know Skeeter is one of us.

This is an ok part of our UPS Freight duties.
Its always nice to have help on my route when I take a newbee for their training.

Well join the crowd hugnlug.
I always say you don't have to be crazy to be a trucker for a living,but it sure helps if you are.

The words dumb,and stupid are not words found in any UPS trucking job.

I always used to say that any dummy could be a truckdriver.
What did you need to know?
How to shift the gears,keep it running between the ditches,and why the letter (R) is on the gear shift pattern with all the numbers.

But that idea has been scrapped now that we are UPS employees,we almost need a college degree to do everything they want in our jobs now.

Maybe any dummy can still be a trucker.
But they will never make it without a brain working for UPS.

So now are you a certified UPS freight driver trainer greezy trucker?

Who else on here are driver trainers?
I know Skeeter is one of us.

This is an ok part of our UPS Freight duties.
Its always nice to have help on my route when I take a newbee for their training.

So should I change my name to Greezy Trainer?????? Yea I think it will be cool to do when we get it all rolling....I kind of look at as-we can do something to make a difference, even if it is small.....But I can already see where it can be difficult....I am still one of the youngest drivers at our terminal and older guys see me being a trainer a threat....Just have to do my job the best I can and let time and myself prove myself.....Wow the depth.....I'm not sure if I am a trucker or a philosopher.....

So should I change my name to Greezy Trainer?????? Yea I think it will be cool to do when we get it all rolling....I kind of look at as-we can do something to make a difference, even if it is small.....But I can already see where it can be difficult....I am still one of the youngest drivers at our terminal and older guys see me being a trainer a threat....Just have to do my job the best I can and let time and myself prove myself.....Wow the depth.....I'm not sure if I am a trucker or a philosopher.....

PILOSOPHER????? OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOO......

I had to do an accident follow-up ride along yesterday.
When I was getting ready to go to out my.
TM says let this guy do all the driving,and also train him in the smith system.
So I say how can I do a driving evaluation,on bad driving habits,and poor judgement if I'm going to teach him the smith system?
Well you can guess what the answer to that was.
JUST DO IT!!

When I made out my report at the end of the run,it was all good.
This guy was trying very hard to learn the safe way of driving,so what can you write thats bad about that?

The only thing he needed to do first which isn't going to happen.
Is to watch the smith training video.
Even though this is the way its supposed to be,the movie first and the on hands training second.
Sorry its going to take to long to watch the movie.

So there you go,safety first,just hurry up!!

I had to do an accident follow-up ride along yesterday.
When I was getting ready to go to out my.
TM says let this guy do all the driving,and also train him in the smith system.
So I say how can I do a driving evaluation,on bad driving habits,and poor judgement if I'm going to teach him the smith system?
Well you can guess what the answer to that was.
JUST DO IT!!

When I made out my report at the end of the run,it was all good.
This guy was trying very hard to learn the safe way of driving,so what can you write thats bad about that?

The only thing he needed to do first which isn't going to happen.
Is to watch the smith training video.
Even though this is the way its supposed to be,the movie first and the on hands training second.
Sorry its going to take to long to watch the movie.

So there you go,safety first,just hurry up!!

UH when it comes to training and that ....You are the boss and your TM has to deal with it....TMs have nothing to do with it....You make your schedule and do it the way it feels comfortable to you.....Our TM tried to give the test and the answers and say they all got 100%......BUT we have to do them again because the safety fello says that wont fly.....Come on APO that TM sounds like an insecure a$$hole....You have to do your job the way YOU need to not the way HE needs you to.....Safety will be up his hiney if you tell them this....Try it....

UH when it comes to training and that ....You are the boss and your TM has to deal with it....TMs have nothing to do with it....You make your schedule and do it the way it feels comfortable to you.....Our TM tried to give the test and the answers and say they all got 100%......BUT we have to do them again because the safety fello says that wont fly.....Come on APO that TM sounds like an insecure a$$hole....You have to do your job the way YOU need to not the way HE needs you to.....Safety will be up his hiney if you tell them this....Try it....

you go girlfriend

I was just on UPSers and read that we buy approx. 400 new tractors a year. Divide that by 200 terminals and each terminal gets 2 new trucks a year. I sincerely hope that UPS rethinks this formula. We need city equipment. We have a bunch of old road volvo's and int'ls that have well over a million miles and are on there last tread. And they certainly do not look like UPS equipment. Tired, dirty and in dis-repair!!!

We don't need new road tractors we have all those outside carriers hauling our freight. The SSD drivers don't make half what we do so they get all the new tractors.
Makes good business sense to me.

We don't need new road tractors we have all those outside carriers hauling our freight. The SSD drivers don't make half what we do so they get all the new tractors.
Makes good business sense to me.

As screwed up as this theory is......It makes sense......They still using contractors to pull our trailers there?

greezy trucker there is a chain of command to be followed at each,and every UPS Freight terminal.
The TM is the main authority figure,than comes dispatch,inbound,and outbound supervison.
We may be safety trainers but we are just truckdrivers with that title.
Now this is something I feel you need to go by,as well as any of us safety trainers in all the terminals.
I'm sure this isn't just my opinion,but this is how it works.

I feel very sorry for anyone trying to boss the boss with a title.
I think your time of employement at UPS Freight may very well be very short.

So a word to the wise,your TM is still the boss no matter what your new title may be.

greezy trucker there is a chain of command to be followed at each,and every UPS Freight terminal.
The TM is the main authority figure,than comes dispatch,inbound,and outbound supervison.
Now this is something I feel you need to go by,as well as any of us safety trainers in all the terminals.

So a word to the wise,your TM is still the boss no matter what your new title may be.

I am sorry APO i disagree, they too have a title, and it is certainly not well deserved.... This company is nothing more than an abomination waiting too explode.

If TM'S had the control everybody thought they had ,we would have all been gone. There is strength in #'s , and there is nothing a TM can do about that.....

You are missing my point....I am not anybody at all...And he has his job to do....But when it comes to me being the trainer that they told me to be....He has no idea how or what I am supposed to do.....I will definitly respect the chain of command, I think it is important....But if, as you say, your TM is telling you how to do this and pushing you to do it in a manner that no one learns anything than who is at fault....You or him????? It is your JOB to make sure everyone in that terminal knows and understands what you have for them......If they have an accident and the company wants to know how you taught them....They are not going to give a crap what the TM did....They will want to know WHY YOU didn't do what you were told to do....So if that TM wants to take the heat for you than fine.....But you know that wont happen....YOU HAVE A JOB TO DO JUST LIKE HE DOES......I'm not bossing no one...There is a way they want it done and it isn't the TMs way......I feel sorry for someone that is told to do a job, and don't have a pair to get that job done....My job only goes as far as teaching and evaluating someone....No bossing the boss....Be clear on what they expect from you and where you stand....

Well greezy T.I had questions so I called safety in Richmond.
I was told that the time issue was out of their hands.
We've all got to do what UPS wants.
I also asked about the driving evaluation,while teaching the smith system.
And was told to teach it,and observe if the driver had the desire to learn,the system,and was doing his best while he was listening to my instructions to him.
So I did what I was told to do,by my TM first,than followed up by my regional safety department.
Anything else as far as I can see,is out of my job discription,of training with the information I am given,by my authority figures.
I did just what I was instructed to do by management I can't go beyond that.