TForce | Next contract...

Skeeter said:
They don't get anymore more. Where are you getting this? It's all based on the last 10 years average. Or some thing like that. If they get more it's because they averaged more. You ought to become a road driver and see how good they really have. It might open your eyes...

I prefer to have the choice to work days or nights. All our road is nights only. And that's only if all the contractors are working.

Okay here we goes.
1. Contractors work after our drivers during peak times.
2.Better medical ins. Similar if not the same as small package.
2.5 Short Term disability at 100% for 16 weeks capped at $800.00/week, with everything taken out. And an 8 week investigation prior to payment is for the birds. pay should be uninterrupted.
3.Show up pay for road drivers should be @ 4 hours, not 2.
4 Eliminate the "(NG)" From the contract so we can operate with a true 90\10 split.
5. Percentage based increases in pention based on years of servbice to be negotiated monetarily at contract sighning.
And I will have more soon. Let me look through my notes.

If anyone thinks that "junior" will let us ask for anything more they are kidding themselves,...

My guess is that "junior" has already let UPS write the next contract and their is no way that "junior" will let us fight for a better contract,..

"junior" sold us down the UPS river the first time around, There is no reason to believe that he wont do it again,...

The biggest enemy of organized labor is the president of the IBT,...

If anyone thinks that "junior" will let us ask for anything more they are kidding themselves,...

My guess is that "junior" has already let UPS write the next contract and their is no way that "junior" will let us fight for a better contract,..

"junior" sold us down the UPS river the first time around, There is no reason to believe that he wont do it again,...

The biggest enemy of organized labor is the president of the IBT,...

My friend it's all about us. We don't have any friends in the teamsters or UPS here. What we do have is each other. They are both in the hot seat if we don't go along with them. There will be sacrifice on our part but in the long run it will benefit us and our children. We must all stick together today for a better tomorrow.

Here's a thought.

Put up a website where the members can file complaints and ideas. Have some volunteers that can sort through them and compile a list of the top 100 or so. Then submit that list to those doing the negotiating.

The beauty in having that list of 100 things is that we would have the ability to quantify how good their offer is. Say for example they give us 29 of them, we would know that they rejected 71 and could do better. Or maybe we get 88 and know we did pretty good. Suppose we reject a contract that included only 29 and the next one had 31, then we'd know it honestly wasn't much better. Or the 29 went up to 66, we'd know that they added something significant to their offer.

It would be our jobs, those of us on these sites, to let everyone know what we are doing and how it could benefit us. Otherwise how would most REALLY know if the next contact is worth approving and if our representatives really worked on what we wanted.

If the contact only included a few that would give us a reasonable argument to use on those who don't do any research. Without it, how can you successfully tell your brothers or sisters how the offer adds little value?

Any thoughts on this? The website could be something like giveusarealcontract.com. If our leadership had that, it might make their jobs a little easier.

Here's a thought.

Put up a website where the members can file complaints and ideas. Have some volunteers that can sort through them and compile a list of the top 100 or so. Then submit that list to those doing the negotiating.

The beauty in having that list of 100 things is that we would have the ability to quantify how good their offer is. Say for example they give us 29 of them, we would know that they rejected 71 and could do better. Or maybe we get 88 and know we did pretty good. Suppose we reject a contract that included only 29 and the next one had 31, then we'd know it honestly wasn't much better. Or the 29 went up to 66, we'd know that they added something significant to their offer.

It would be our jobs, those of us on these sites, to let everyone know what we are doing and how it could benefit us. Otherwise how would most REALLY know if the next contact is worth approving and if our representatives really worked on what we wanted.

If the contact only included a few that would give us a reasonable argument to use on those who don't do any research. Without it, how can you successfully tell your brothers or sisters how the offer adds little value?

Any thoughts on this? The website could be something like giveusarealcontract.com. If our leadership had that, it might make their jobs a little easier.

Sounds good to me...

Does anyone know if package has to pay insurance premiums when they get hurt on the job or go out on medical leave?

Hey Skeeter,

I know we here at UPS FRT have to pay insurance prems when we experience medical leave or work injury. I'd really like to see something about this in the next contract. If UPS frt door falls on me, then I'm out of work and have to pay for insurance prems seems a little out a whack to me. I was just wondering if Parcel rolled by the same rules. Its sort of like getting kicked while your down. Same holds for if your out on medical leave.

You only have to pay your portion that you would have paid anyways. Plus, if it happened while on the job, you're going to get most of your pay anyway through workman's comp so what's the difference really? I know of a guy out on short term disability right now and he only has to pay his regular portion. The company is still covering the bulk of it even though he was not hurt on the job. Not a bad deal, really, if you think about it.

We are in a right to work state. Workmans comp doesn't get close to what I usually make if a door DOES"NT fall on me (just an example).

I think WC is down to $500 wk here. Doesn't seem right. Then you get hit with premiums when you get back.

Skeeter you can makeup the premiums when you get paid, restassured UPS sends a bill, workmans comp is 60% of ones pay with a cap of $500.00. Take someones taxes ,ss, and state taxes and bennies out of that and most will see $200.00 a week as opposed to the $500.00. No one is doing us any favors, Secondly City Drivers should se a % for vacation not a solid 40.I would also like to see 5 sick days, and 5 discretionaty days. and one floater.lol I dfo not think thats much to ask for.

They bill you your premiums while you're out. If you do not pay them on time, your insurance is shut off. And yes, disability is capped at $500. No matter what you were making. It's not much and for most, not enough. There certainly won't be too many taking advantage of it, lol, when you can get two, three or four times as much when you return to work.

I see this topic is still rolling along with sorry to say a lot of wishful thinkers.
I posted my opinion early on about how union contracts are negotiated,but is seems some of you dreamers overlooked my observation.

I became a Teamster back in 1966,I saw a lot of contracts up to 1980 when the trucking industry was deregulated.
My union company couldn't survive with the freight discounts,so after working for 11 union companies as they were dropping out of business.
I gave up my union card and hired on with Overnite.

Well back to this topic,now let me inform you I know what I am posting on your upcoming contract,from the years I saw the old NMFA contracts being drawn up.

The rank and file which are you International Brotherhood dues payers,come to the each local union rep.'s with their wish list.
Every proposal is brought up to Teamsters headquarters,a negotiating comity looks at everything and starts weeding out the ideas that have no chance to pass.
The comity prepares their final list of proposals to present to the rank and file as well as the company.
Although keep in mind any new wage increases,or bennies will be met with the company wanting a give back for each new proposal.
UPS has no pressure to lay down and sign off a contract for anything the rank and file desires.
Especially now days,the way the current economy is,and the fact that strikes are non-productive to everyone involved.

So like I say as I have kept an eye on this thread topic,you are only dreaming if you make your wish list to large for the next go round.

Skeeter you can makeup the premiums when you get paid, restassured UPS sends a bill, workmans comp is 60% of ones pay with a cap of $500.00. Take someones taxes ,ss, and state taxes and bennies out of that and most will see $200.00 a week as opposed to the $500.00. No one is doing us any favors, Secondly City Drivers should se a % for vacation not a solid 40.I would also like to see 5 sick days, and 5 discretionaty days. and one floater.lol I dfo not think thats much to ask for.

I agree with all that. We all really need to stick together on this next contract. It won't be Indy calling all the shots for the whole company this time.

They bill you your premiums while you're out. If you do not pay them on time, your insurance is shut off. And yes, disability is capped at $500. No matter what you were making. It's not much and for most, not enough. There certainly won't be too many taking advantage of it, lol, when you can get two, three or four times as much when you return to work.

My BA Says, this insurance for short term is the best in the industry, I still think he purchased that comment from walmart!!!!!!! And I do tell him that too. It sucks period. Who the hell can live on 200 a week and be honest with the wages we make?