TForce | Next contract...

I agree with all that. We all really need to stick together on this next contract. It won't be Indy calling all the shots for the whole company this time.
BINGO!!!!!! I suppose INDY sacrificed alot for us, now hopefully we can make this right? Is there any HUBUB in referance to wether we will be considered in a meeting in referance to " what we want to see in this contract" I am hearing nothing here, or will this be another closed door session? All the brothers in my terminal are working on a thumbs down alternative allready.lol

The most important upgrade we can get is a better grievance process. If we get that, it'll give us a better chance to sort out everything else.

I can see quite a few things I would like to change. One is the way vacation in accrued, now you have to have 156 reports to get full vacation. We have extra guys working only 1 day a week, and get no vacation time this year and will not have enough reports to get one next year. Another is the big gap between starting pay and top pay. I also think that if they want you to be on call 24/7 if you are extra board you should get some sort of compensation for that, either a couple hours standby pay or at the minimum credit for a report toward vacation. Another would be pay for breakdown on property. SUBCONTRACTORS NOT TO WORK UNTIL ALL FULL TIME REGULAR EMPLOYEES ARE WORKING. I personally would rather see those changes, I think pay and benefits are ok as long as we are working over subs.

Breakdown pay on property? What do you mean by that? If you break down in the yard? We already get breakdown pay.

Biggest issue for me is subcontracting. As a full time Extra Board driver who is displaced due to subcontracting that is the main issue. Been using this contractor for over 2 years is total bullSH##

Diesel Smoke said:
Breakdown pay on property? What do you mean by that? If you break down in the yard? We already get breakdown pay.[/QUOTE

I would say no subcontractors until all ups drivers are working, if you say full time employees, none of the new hires will ever work. %ers should work before contra t carriers, they are ups employees after all.
MHO

Diesel Smoke said:
Breakdown pay on property? What do you mean by that? If you break down in the yard? We already get breakdown pay.[/QUOTE

I would say no subcontractors until all ups drivers are working, if you say full time employees, none of the new hires will ever work. %ers should work before contra t carriers, they are ups employees after all.
MHO
How about not using any out side contractors until UPSF calls the hall and use some of the layed off drivers from other companies ? Thats what the truck lines did years ago . I f the hall didn't have any members out then the companies called in cartage and even then they were union cartage drivers .

How about not using any out side contractors until UPSF calls the hall and use some of the layed off drivers from other companies ? Thats what the truck lines did years ago . I f the hall didn't have any members out then the companies called in cartage and even then they were union cartage drivers .

Gotta get our own guys working first. We have cloes to 20 guys laid off and 10-15 more not working, but there are atleast 7 contracted loads every night!

laid off 90% go over their head if your local is not doing their jobs of representing the dues payers who are paying their salaries.
You can appeal to their rep.'s who will clean house and get some one who will be willing to earn their money.

The thing some of you who have never been in a union do not seem to get.
Is every union official from the local to the international are riding on your dues monies.
If you can't get anyplace with your local keep going even if you have to go to D.C.
If you still don't get anywhere,which I doubt will happen.
Well then simply refuse to pay your dues,and start whining to the rest of your union brothers.
You will have them all falling over you to see how they can make you happy when their salaries become a threat to dry up.

Again remember the dues you are paying is a form of protection,your money goes to the operation of the union from the top to the local.
I know when I was in the union back in the day there was always someone we dues payers could get to listen to us.
Even if we did have to remind them how their salaries were being paid.

laid off 90% go over their head if your local is not doing their jobs of representing the dues payers who are paying their salaries.
You can appeal to their rep.'s who will clean house and get some one who will be willing to earn their money.

The thing some of you who have never been in a union do not seem to get.
Is every union official from the local to the international are riding on your dues monies.
If you can't get anyplace with your local keep going even if you have to go to D.C.
If you still don't get anywhere,which I doubt will happen.
Well then simply refuse to pay your dues,and start whining to the rest of your union brothers.
You will have them all falling over you to see how they can make you happy when their salaries become a threat to dry up.

Again remember the dues you are paying is a form of protection,your money goes to the operation of the union from the top to the local.
I know when I was in the union back in the day there was always someone we dues payers could get to listen to us.
Even if we did have to remind them how their salaries were being paid.

AMEN! AP totally agree...

Pension to remain under contract protection. We live in a time where pensions are a benefit of the past. If your company paid pension is not protected under contract, UPS will for sure terminate it. We need to make sure that this benefit transfers over to the new 2013 contract.

I have been waiting for a full day I worked for the day before christmas eve, yes the Friday before Christmas I worked 8 hours. Operations manager claims he put the work to payroll but I did not get paid for it, when I brought it up to him at the next pay day he told terminal manager and it was suppose to be in at next business day the following Tuesday, guess what not there. Not on next pay check either and I finally started making phone calls, I should have a check tomm.

The point to this is I feel that if there is a monetary fine for them not entering these payroll errors into the system then maybe our terminal manager's would really enter these into the system, according to my terminal manager he has been slammed all week and just forgot to enter it into the system untill I started making phone calls.