NFL

@a9faninnc, I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on a few games this week...

Duke/UNC - I know you're a Carolina fan so with your best unbiased opinion, what's your outlook on this one? Duke SHOULD be undefeated IMO and they're playing some pretty good ball right now. UNC is playing a lot better than last year and the upgrade on the D coordinator is definitely a plus but I'm not sold on Fedora. Williams is not their best QB IMO yet he continues to play him while leaving their best RB (Hood) on the sidelines when they need him the most!!

LSU/Bama - Bama, with one loss, is better than some undefeated teams and LSU may be the best team in college today...Fournette is a beast!! Although they're playing in Bama, I'm actually torn on this one.

GB/Car - I'm a homer when it comes to the Panthers but I'm feeling GB with this one...am I wrong? I feel Rodgers is going to pick our D apart like Luck did in the 4th qtr Mon night and I see our O struggling...again...with our O line banged up. I know we won't go undefeated and looking at our schedule, I see this as our last "major" hurdle, the rest are winnable games....well, as winnable as any game can be in the NFL.

There are always going to be upsets each week, in college and pro, so feel free to point out any you may see.

Thx in advance

Im not impressed with Marquis Williams either.As for the pure QB,Hood is certainly the better choice,but their offense can put up points.Question is,can their defense stop teams from scoring??I dont follow college football much but I think Heels eek out a high scoring game.
As for the Green Bay game,I will certainly pick the Cats but have low points on it.Panthers have yet to be really tested by a potent offense and barring the Denver game,they are probably the second best in the league.I wouldnt put any money on the Panthers but my homer side is picking them,if that makes sense??I just hope they keep it respectful and I will be pleased.

Carolina will crush Green Bay. They have an awesome defense and Superman on offense.

Packers have a terrible defense and a mediocre offense without Jordi pushing the safeties back. All the sudden Lacy is a fat bum. They are pressing on the outside and " run " blitzing Rodgers because he can run himself.

Carolina will crush Green Bay. They have an awesome defense and Superman on offense.

Packers have a terrible defense and a mediocre offense without Jordi pushing the safeties back. All the sudden Lacy is a fat bum. They are pressing on the outside and " run " blitzing Rodgers because he can run himself.
I hope you're right but I don't know if I'm willing to pick them this week. Our (Panthers) bread and butter is our running game but with the O line being banged up, along with a stable of no name receivers, I don't know if they'll be able to score anything this week. All we have is Olsen and I'm sure GB will double up on him with a safety over the top.
As for our D, yes they're the best in the league IMO but when the offense can't stay on the field to give them a breather, they tire out like they did in the 4th qtr Mon night against Luck...and if that happens Rodgers will pick them apart!!

Red,UNC blasted Duke.Wasnt surprised Heels won,but Damn sure didnt expect a blowout..If the Panthers can get to 8-0,it will be a good sports weekend..

Red,UNC blasted Duke.Wasnt surprised Heels won,but Damn sure didnt expect a blowout..If the Panthers can get to 8-0,it will be a good sports weekend..
I didn't see that one coming either...WOW!!
I went with Duke and it cost me....who knew the Tarheels were for real??

I agree although I went with GB also...had to pick with my head, not my heart.
Maybe I'll jinx GB as well!!

Love it that the Panthers are 8-0,but I sure do wish they would start finishing these teams off.Couple of bad calls(imo) to help Packers continue their comeback,but the defense should have clamped down to make them calls irrelevant..

Love it that the Panthers are 8-0,but I sure do wish they would start finishing these teams off.Couple of bad calls(imo) to help Packers continue their comeback,but the defense should have clamped down to make them calls irrelevant..

You knew they ( the refs ) would keep this game interesting.

I wish the Panthers would not make these games too interesting.They smacked Green Bay in the mouth for 3 quarters,then just like the Indy game,made it interesting in the end..
I agree, I'm afraid eventually somebody is finally going to pull out the late win....you can only play with fire so many times before you get burned!!

On a side note, with the Dirty Birds losing to the Blaine Gabbert led 49's :hilarious:, the Saints losing in overtime to the lowly 2-6 Titans , and the Bucs getting throttled by the G Men, it's quite possible that the Panthers could wrap up their 3rd consecutive division title real soon!! :woohoo1:

Atlanta run game got throttled by the lowly 9ers.Panther win could have huge homefield playoff implications.Just hope they dont have a letdown game at the Titans this weekend..

We're mediocre.The Minnesota game next week is going to be worse.I have been a big Matt Ryan fan, but after that pic 6 he is now going have to earn back that respect.
I think your dirty birds were somewhat of an anomaly since ya'll were coming in with a new coaching staff/game plan and nobody had an idea of your tendencies, once teams got some game film to study, they've started to figure out what you guys do...hence your record after a strong start. You guys are stacked with talent, now they've just got to produce...which is easier said than done, especially when everyone knows what you're going to do!!
I agree, the Vikings are no slouch, gonna be a tough game!!

I think your dirty birds were somewhat of an anomaly since ya'll were coming in with a new coaching staff/game plan and nobody had an idea of your tendencies, once teams got some game film to study, they've started to figure out what you guys do...hence your record after a strong start. You guys are stacked with talent, now they've just got to produce...which is easier said than done, especially when everyone knows what you're going to do!!
I agree, the Vikings are no slouch, gonna be a tough game!!

We're losing to bad teams , and barely beating average teams.If we don't get our :crap: figured out
Soon!!!, they will be watching the playoffs on the couch.