FedEx Freight | NLRB Ruling

Personally I'm all for card check. If your so proud of your union you should show your pride by wearing your cards like we wear out company ID's.Oh but wait then we all would really know who the union pushers are. heaven for bid you super secret union guys give out your true identity.

It is quite comfortable to be vocally anti union, as far as your work environment goes. The truth is, once you are "known" to be pro union, there is extra scrutiny that comes with that. Scrutiny that can become uncomfortable, for many. You can deny it, if you want but, but I have to accept it. Most who do support representation, the "pushers" as you call them, prefer to remain anonymous, making their own work life easier.

Obviously, everyone can't remain anonymous... Some have to be willing to talk about it, despite the risk. Even you, from the other side of the opinion poll, should be able to understand that.

Personally I'm all for card check. If your so proud of your union you should show your pride by wearing your cards like we wear out company ID's.Oh but wait then we all would really know who the union pushers are. heaven for bid you super secret union guys give out your true identity.
Super secret identity? My NAME is on the union inside committee letter, fedex knows with absolute certainty I am for the union. My boss saw me standing out front with the teamsters, I put signs in my car window every morning. How secret is that? See, some people actually FEAR this company. They are afraid to be involved. I made the decision back in the spring to either go all out and be a voice or leave fedex altogether. That was the only choice for me. I was so miserable and worried everyday is this the day I tell my wife I no longer have a job because some idiot THOUGHT I climbed out of the truck wrong.? ENOUGH! So I got involved, I made a difference in my place of employment. Go read my post "thank the Teamsters" and see what I have done for YOU! If you are naive enough to believe this company suddenly had a change of heart from being outright ruthless towards all of us with their oppressive YOU'RE FIRED campaign to a WE LOVE YOU company and it was NOT because of the union, I still have a bridge to sell you.

It is quite comfortable to be vocally anti union, as far as your work environment goes. The truth is, once you are "known" to be pro union, there is extra scrutiny that comes with that. Scrutiny that can become uncomfortable, for many. You can deny it, if you want but, but I have to accept it. Most who do support representation, the "pushers" as you call them, prefer to remain anonymous, making their own work life easier.

Obviously, everyone can't remain anonymous... Some have to be willing to talk about it, despite the risk. Even you, from the other side of the opinion poll, should be able to understand that.
Again, I disagree. Because I spoke out and continue to speak out against the movement, I now have drivers who were once friends that won't even talk to me anymore...guess they weren't really friends. They, the "pushers", have the mentality that you're either with them or you're against them when in reality, we all still have to work together.
There are laws that prohibit the company from retaliating against those who speak/spoke out.

Again, I disagree. Because I spoke out and continue to speak out against the movement, I now have drivers who were once friends that won't even talk to me anymore...guess they weren't really friends. They, the "pushers", have the mentality that you're either with them or you're against them when in reality, we all still have to work together.
There are laws that prohibit the company from retaliating against those who speak/spoke out.
And that swings both ways too. I have guys that now barely say hello to me now since the union got in. They are quick to forget how vile this company treated us for the last 3 to 4 years. Same guys that were freaking out in the break room how much they hate this job, cursing, throwing stuff, etc. are the same ones that opposed the union and now blame me personally for the fact they now represent EVERYBODY at EPH. I have always been professional towards them and will continue to do so, despite our disagreement on the union topic.

Sometimes one must sleep in that bed they made? You know? Like phone calls to drivers at other terminals spreading lies about how drivers are treated from an organized barn......

Sometimes one must sleep in that bed they made? You know? Like phone calls to drivers at other terminals spreading lies about how drivers are treated from an organized barn......
You obviously have me confused with someone else....or you're on the wrong board.

I guess you think we should also vote for government leaders without educating ourselves on the issues and their stance on them. Anyone who goes into something hastily and without hearing the pros and cons from both sides is a fool. Yet that is what the pro union side wants people to do by rushing to become unionized based on emotion and not facts.
Do you mean like the people who voted for this great president we have and then even after seeing the truth elected him for a second term. They really did their homework. They listen only to the side they want to hear because their mind is made up already, then they are in denial and think he is going to change for them because he said so. I did plenty of home work and I sat thru meetings both at work and at the hall. I've also worked for union and non union carriers. Bottom line is that the benefits I was told I would get to keep are now gone and nothing was in writing and nothing will magically come back. All I would like to see in the future is everything in black and white because words are just words.

I must be confused. The lying snake I am thinking of runs out of Charlotte on a meet and turn from LOU.
Well, we've got six drivers that run that lane, you'll have to be more specific.
How do you KNOW that driver is a "lying snake"? Did he talk to you personally about an issue?
As an anti-union supporter, it's imperative that we only spread truth and facts, otherwise people won't listen!

Plus, that couldn't have been myself, I haven't called anyone from other centers.

Last edited:
And that swings both ways too. I have guys that now barely say hello to me now since the union got in. They are quick to forget how vile this company treated us for the last 3 to 4 years. Same guys that were freaking out in the break room how much they hate this job, cursing, throwing stuff, etc. are the same ones that opposed the union and now blame me personally for the fact they now represent EVERYBODY at EPH. I have always been professional towards them and will continue to do so, despite our disagreement on the union topic.
Although I understand their frustration, I don't agree with it. You also need to understand that they're being "forced" to join something that they don't believe in b/c PA isn't a RTW state. Their attitudes would probably be different if it was.
I'll agree, the last 3-4 years haven't been great but I haven't forgotten how things were 10-20 years ago. Do I believe representation is the answer, no, but I do believe we can get back to those glory years with communication from BOTH sides.

Well, we've got six drivers that run that lane, you'll have to be more specific.
How do you KNOW that driver is a "lying snake"? Did he talk to you personally about an issue?
As an anti-union supporter, it's imperative that we only spread truth and facts, otherwise people won't listen!

Plus, that couldn't have been myself, I haven't called anyone from other centers.

The driver in question did speak to those in the loop not knowing these actions undermined the intended purpose. For him the advances in technology have made him the poster boy for underhanded deceit. Stooping to new lows while educating those that may have been easily swayed.

The driver in question did speak to those in the loop not knowing these actions undermined the intended purpose. For him the advances in technology have made him the poster boy for underhanded deceit. Stooping to new lows while educating those that may have been easily swayed.
Again, I've never called anyone from another center...other than those with whom I speak with on a regular basis, for and against....I express my opinion to all.
Not sure as to whom you're referring that I did call, nor do I care.
We'll continue to educate and sway drivers to the anti side on a daily basis.

Again, I've never called anyone from another center...other than those with whom I speak with on a regular basis, for and against....I express my opinion to all.
Not sure as to whom you're referring that I did call, nor do I care.
We'll continue to educate and sway drivers to the anti side on a daily basis.
Those stories that are told don't seem to have the luster or power that the teller believes in this case.

I must be confused. The lying snake I am thinking of runs out of Charlotte on a meet and turn from LOU.
I was going to take some time off until I read this post. I had to ask myself how someone affiliated with YRC outta SLC, Utah was able to obtain this info (not that I have anything to hide)? Then it hit me, a pro-union driver had to give you this info....but why? Could it be because WE'RE MAKING A DIFFERENCE? I'll have to say YES....so unfortunately for you guys I'll/we'll just continue to keep fighting the good fight!!

Those stories that are told don't seem to have the luster or power that the teller believes in this case.
We're not going to sway everybody...as long as we continue to sway enough is all that matters. Since we've joined the fight we're 5-1...I'll concede CLT because we joined the fight two weeks before the election, had we joined sooner maybe the outcome could've been different. Now we've got a year, we'll see what happens!

I was going to take some time off until I read this post. I had to ask myself how someone affiliated with YRC outta SLC, Utah was able to obtain this info (not that I have anything to hide)? Then it hit me, a pro-union driver had to give you this info....but why? Could it be because WE'RE MAKING A DIFFERENCE? I'll have to say YES....so unfortunately for you guys I'll/we'll just continue to keep fighting the good fight!!
Does it ever make you wonder if those you thought were who they are aren't? Kinda remind you of that solid intel you got from a union meeting? Happy hunting.