FedEx Freight | NLRB seized ballot box and stopped the vote in PKB

Status
Not open for further replies.
The autoworkers understand that our numbers as a whole are very impotant to the politics which aid our survival and keep our compensation and standards up.
And that's just it. By dumping on a guy who you may want to be among your ranks, how is that going to inspire anything but malice in most cases? Most will consider that entitled treatment to be exactly that. He's not going to think "I wish that was me." He's going to think "I was here first, that should be me."

Guardrail makes the case for a lot of people who are voluntarily working at non-union carriers. They are doing so because they don't like the union entitlement attitude. Private sector unions may only be a small percentage of the workforce today, but a large portion of it is at or around automotive plants in the midwest. And a lot of LTL work still happens in automotive.

Telling a guy on one hand "You're not union, so you've gotta wait." and then on the other hand saying "You should be in the union." just isn't going to sell it. If you wanna convince a person that your way is the right way, you shouldn't shaft them first.

Well they do have Stockton to contend with now as it kinda blindsided them. Plus the union buster that held their meeting got fired for doing such a bad job.
I seriously doubt that Stockton "blindsided" them...I'd say it "may" have came earlier than expected, but it was expected none the less...it's California, they've been trying to organize for years!

Can it really be that huge of a problem with private sector union numbers at 6% of the workforce?
Yes it can. Why can't you see it? The teamsters are selling a service. It's no different than a plumber. If your plumber shows up dirty and screws off for an hour before fixing the problem, then charges you for the time he screwed off, you won't be calling him again.

Fix the image first, then sell it. Somehow, I don't see this happening. You guys have this "it's better than what you have" attitude and it isn't very appealing.

That's the problem, it's not rare or isolated. I've had many instances in 22 years that lead me to my convictions. If the teamsters want to sell themselves, they need a product that appeals to everyone. All one has to do is read these boards to see that the product needs a little polishing.

Mythbusters proved you can polish a turd.

He may be a driver whom the company has picked, trained, and paid to union bust. A driver on a leave of absence perhaps. I'm sure he has a cushy run or even a redshirt waiting for him at the end.

This no sense is getting old, maybe he's just a regular driver who doesn't agree with you. Why is that so hard for you to wrap your mind around? Not everybody who is against the union is a corporate suck up. Maybe you're on the union payroll!

This no sense is getting old, maybe he's just a regular driver who doesn't agree with you. Why is that so hard for you to wrap your mind around? Not everybody who is against the union is a corporate suck up. Maybe you're on the union payroll!
As I recall, he has said he is a union steward.

Have him pm me. I've got a hellacious midnight job on an ice cold dock for him. Of course reality and hard work are a part of the deal. Think he's interested?
Well they do have Stockton to contend with now as it kinda blindsided them. Plus the union buster that held their meeting got fired for doing such a bad job.

Aaaaaw driver.sour grapes driva? Hey look at it this way.Youre on the clock getting paid.So what does it matter how long you wait
That attitude "I am on the clock getting paid, so what does it matter how long" is the union mentality that causes companies to go bankrupt. Yet the teamsters always blame the problems on poor management. When the union protects deadbeats the longterm health of the company suffers. At Fedex most of us are proud to have a sense of urgency because we want a profitable future that is sustainable. Keep showing the teamster mentality you are helping the non union cause. Thanks

The guy being posted about has such detailed posts that put him in the top echelon of the label youve given.

Ive been on both sides and companies keeping lazy people is equal uniin or non.
That attitude "I am on the clock getting paid, so what does it matter how long" is the union mentality that causes companies to go bankrupt. Yet the teamsters always blame the problems on poor management. When the union protects deadbeats the longterm health of the company suffers. At Fedex most of us are proud to have a sense of urgency because we want a profitable future that is sustainable. Keep showing the teamster mentality you are helping the non union cause. Thanks

You've lost me. You made the comment that brotherhood has its perks...

I agreed and gave an example of such perks...

You basically agreed that the perks exsist...

I agreed again, then pointed out that networking also has it's perks...not just your brotherhood...

Then you call me out for agreeing with your original statement...

Then you call me out for trying to "slight" those perks that you've already agreed that exists!!!

I think it's you that may have been chewing on that fertilizer and washing it down with some union Kool-aid!!
I know it's not often that we agree, if ever......maybe you're just not sure how do deal with it!

Well now, didn't that bring a great deal to light? Isn't it amazing how your posts were meant to shed a poor light on union workers? That was the point was it not? 15 union guys sitting around doing nothing? No confirmation if they indeed were on break or not.? John was for sure, right? The whole point of this was to expose a few things that are sometimes ingrained into a thought process. You proved my point along with exposing the thought process of a few others in the anti movement.

My coworkers at New Penn are no different than your Fedex guys. We are always busy. Next Day Freight....and Ive heard many times that they wish we hauled nationwide so they could give us more.

Ive been on both sides and companies keeping lazy people is equal uniin or non.
Very few lazy ones at Fedex as compared to the union companies. The teamsters keep the deadbeat ratio higher by protecting the ones who need to be gone no matter how lazy they are or even if they are a total screwup.

Here's what I hear. The board is not going to count the PKB votes until CKB votes so as to not influence those voters. Fedex is balking and asking the board for precedent for such an outrageous maneuver. Fedex would like them counted asap. The other election, CRW, which is in a different region, has offered up a date to count the votes before the vote next Thursday. Fedex said yes. Waiting on the union to say yes. Hopefully they'll agree. Let's see. so I hear.
Word as it Joe Brock was in PKB during the election and tried to get the NLRB agent to open the sealed box and count the votes which would have nullified the election. What are your stooges saying about that Jim?

Last edited:
Very few lazy ones at Fedex as compared to the union companies. The teamsters keep the deadbeat ratio higher by protecting the ones who need to be gone no matter how lazy they are or even if they are a total screwup.
So you are able to view the entire systems work ethic from the comfort of your arm chair? There are measures in place to discipline those that require it at a union barn. It is up to management to follow the progression to either correct the problem if possible or terminate should the progressive discipline fail to steer the employee back in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.