FedEx Freight | NLRB seized ballot box and stopped the vote in PKB

Status
Not open for further replies.
If one has not been a Teamster in 25 years how could you possibly give accurate information. One has to live it ,work it and be involved to understand NMFA it has changed so much.

Just because I took a withdrawal card over 25 years ago doesn't mean that "I don't live it, work it and be involved in it" on a daily basis.

The difference is that we stick up for the drivers.....sometimes the drivers win......the way you want it is the company always wins....
I dont understand why any driver would want that. Totally baffles me why guys vote no.....seems like a psychological problem. Some kind of enjoyment of losing or abuse. I dont get it.

Typical union/NLRB tactics...let's make up the rules as we go!!!....and these guys complain about the company, we see the union is no different!!

Ya can't have a count if they seized the box. I didn't know ya stooped that low Red. Nobodys gonna say they voted Yes till a count rules they won. Even then they may deny till contract. Fear of fired at will.
I wouldn't be asking if I knew it all.
It does interest me why a driver would know the whole law like that at a company who hasn't had votes like this before.
Suit and tie maybe????

The membership doesn't tolerate it and the exact reason offenders are summarily dealt with. Every dog has his day and we would all like to believe we can fly under the radar. The day your lucky star is tarnished is the day you wished you were a member. Hope you're in a RTW state future brother.
So those men who were sitting around doing nothing on the clock until a union carrier showed up were working hard for there company? I thought this didn't go on that seams like it would be costing the company a lot money and you endorse it, interssting.
They were on break, they just done a brother a favor!!!

Why would they have to interrupt there break to say anything ???
It's attitudes like this "if you're not a brother you can wait" that makes a lot of people not like the union. Some of you keep asking why a driver would possibly vote no? Maybe it's because of experiences like this. Treating non-union folks like dirt under your shoe, then asking them if they'd like to join the club?

A lot of non-union drivers have bumped union docks and been made to wait while "brothers help brothers". Preaching to the guy you just forced to wait isn't going to make him want to be your brother. It's just going to make him hate you and your union more often than not.

Suit and tie maybe????
I get the impression he actually is a driver. Perhaps with new tech help. From those who don't drive. Maybe I'm wrong. But I find it hard to believe that an ordinary driver knows all these organizing legalities in quick response without some kind of instant messaging help from professional uniinbusters.

At least that is a rare situation......unlike what some Fedex employees may be treated like multiple times/day with cliques involving management and "favorites". That's a much more uncomfortable situation because its the place you go to everday to pay the bills......if you are not in that special clique it could cost you your job.
It's attitudes like this "if you're not a brother you can wait" that makes a lot of people not like the union. Some of you keep asking why a driver would possibly vote no? Maybe it's because of experiences like this. Treating non-union folks like dirt under your shoe, then asking them if they'd like to join the club?

A lot of non-union drivers have bumped union docks and been made to wait while "brothers help brothers". Preaching to the guy you just forced to wait isn't going to make him want to be your brother. It's just going to make him hate you and your union more often than not.

At least that is a rare situation......unlike what some Fedex employees may be treated like multiple times/day with cliques involving management and "favorites". That's a much more uncomfortable situation because its the place you go to everday to pay the bills......if you are not in that special clique it could cost you your job.
I can agree with you in some respects here. But I spent a lot of time in the automotive sector, and it's a very real and common reality for non-union folks who spend time bumping docks at assembly plants. I've seen it take three or more hours to unload a full load of racks at GM facilities if you're with a non-union carrier.

I'm not saying favoritism doesn’t exist at FedEx. But perhaps a better way to convince people to vote yes would be to, in circumstances such as these, help your hopefully future brother out instead of making him watch you get rewarded for your brotherhood when he was there first. Demonstrating the perks of the brotherhood will be lost on a guy who's been sitting there waiting for a union man to get off his break.

That's the problem, it's not rare or isolated. I've had many instances in 22 years that lead me to my convictions. If the teamsters want to sell themselves, they need a product that appeals to everyone. All one has to do is read these boards to see that the product needs a little polishing.

Can it really be that huge of a problem with private sector union numbers at 6% of the workforce?
That's the problem, it's not rare or isolated. I've had many instances in 22 years that lead me to my convictions. If the teamsters want to sell themselves, they need a product that appeals to everyone. All one has to do is read these boards to see that the product needs a little polishing.

The autoworkers understand that our numbers as a whole are very impotant to the politics which aid our survival and keep our compensation and standards up.
I can agree with you in some respects here. But I spent a lot of time in the automotive sector, and it's a very real and common reality for non-union folks who spend time bumping docks at assembly plants. I've seen it take three or more hours to unload a full load of racks at GM facilities if you're with a non-union carrier.

I'm not saying favoritism doesn’t exist at FedEx. But perhaps a better way to convince people to vote yes would be to, in circumstances such as these, help your hopefully future brother out instead of making him watch you get rewarded for your brotherhood when he was there first. Demonstrating the perks of the brotherhood will be lost on a guy who's been sitting there waiting for a union man to get off his break.

Status
Not open for further replies.