FedEx Freight | NLRB seized ballot box and stopped the vote in PKB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll also predict that 100 percent of eligible voters voted, nobody was challenged, and the union supporters left with loooong faces.
It's amazing who will talk to you when you ask nicely.

So I guess that whole line of bull earlier about the vote being pulled because the company sent in the driver ap to vote was what?? Made up to spin the real reason??
The driver apprentice asked why he wasn't entitled to vote. He insisted on voting and the Board's practice is to let anybody vote who wants to vote, subject to challenge as to their eligibility. Fred Smith could have voted and it wouldn't be cause to stop the voting. The real disgrace is the union challenging the senior city driver. Big mistake by the union! Totally pissed off all of his co-workers as he's apparently much beloved by his coworkers. First one hired there. And they did it before the vote so everybody knew the union pulled a fast one. His vote will never count if it's a blowout as expected. Shame!

So those men who were sitting around doing nothing on the clock until a union carrier showed up were working hard for there company? I thought this didn't go on that seams like it would be costing the company a lot money and you endorse it, interssting.
You know they weren't on break? All I know is John was on break. The right attitude gets you unloaded many times. Walk in with a chip on your shoulder and see where it takes you. Did someone forget who the customer is here? Personally, I know the break times of my customers. I know when they go to lunch. I know who does the receiving. I also deal with government workers every day. Act like you are in a hurry and it may take awhile.

Wasn't that big a deal for me, I grew up and ran around with John's youngest son Rusty...so when he saw me he threw his hand up saying "gimme a sec". He came over shortly there after and unloaded my freight.
Yes, brotherhood does have its perks....but networking also has it's perks.
If it wasn't a big deal about John and his coworkers then why bother mentioning it?

So I guess that whole line of bull earlier about the vote being pulled because the company sent in the driver ap to vote was what?? Made up to spin the real reason??
The driver apprentice asked why he wasn't entitled to vote. He insisted on voting and the Board's practice is to let anybody vote who wants to vote, subject to challenge as to their eligibility. Fred Smith could have voted and it wouldn't be cause to stop the voting. The real disgrace is the union challenging the senior city driver. Big mistake by the union! Totally pissed off all of his co-workers as he's apparently much beloved by his coworkers. First one hired there. And they did it before the vote so everybody knew the union pulled a fast one. His vote will never count if it's a blowout as expected. Shame!
Mr. Brock, is that you?

If it wasn't a big deal about John and his coworkers then why bother mentioning it?
Was just agreeing with you that your brotherhood does have its perks...I experienced it firsthand...although I'm not a fan of your brotherhood.....but also pointed out that networking too has it's perks.

That doesnt sound like 15-5. Like some are saying. In a company which has some company guys for sure Why would someone say they voted yes? They probably wouldnt. So the count remains a mystery.

Also hearing a question on a dispatcher/ city driver being aloud to vote or not. And hearing from a driver from that terminal it was likely to be a split Even vote. Could go either way by one or two votes.

Was just agreeing with you that your brotherhood does have its perks...I experienced it firsthand...although I'm not a fan of your brotherhood.....but also pointed out that networking too has it's perks.
I think you may have been trying to slight those brothers for not jumping up and helping you out. Then your long lost son of John came to your rescue? Did someone spill some fertilizer in here?

It seems to me they're wasting money on the person in charge of supervising them. Im sure their contract says they have to work and when/if the boss shows up they probably would. Maybe hes busy talking golf or something.

So those men who were sitting around doing nothing on the clock until a union carrier showed up were working hard for there company? I thought this didn't go on that seams like it would be costing the company a lot money and you endorse it, interssting.

Actually, I live in CA. And the Supreme Court has ruled in my favor. Don't need no stinking union card.

You my brother driver, are a fool. No offense, but how long have you been here...During the Viking era? If so, you aren't paying attention to the tea leaves. If you are a AF, Viking, Watkins holdover....They don't want nor need you. Check your headgear driver....

You've lost me. You made the comment that brotherhood has its perks...
You bump certain Union docks with that attitude and you might see hell freeze over before your trailer empties. That card we carry does have a few perks.

I agreed and gave an example of such perks...
I've bumped that union dock before at the Freightliner assembly plant. Bout 15 guys sitting around doing nothing and none of them came over to unload their freight, wasn't their job. Had to wait on John to get off his break.
Yellow backed in beside me and they were almost fighting to unload his trl.
Saw first hand how union brotherhood works, also saw why I wanted no part of it.

You basically agreed that the perks exsist...
So just sit there and wait it out sonny. They will get to you shortly. Pray that a few more card carrying members don't show up behind you. They might move right on up to the front of the line ahead of you. Like I said, that card does carry some perks that go along with it.

I agreed again, then pointed out that networking also has it's perks...not just your brotherhood...
Wasn't that big a deal for me, I grew up and ran around with John's youngest son Rusty...so when he saw me he threw his hand up saying "gimme a sec". He came over shortly there after and unloaded my freight.
Yes, brotherhood does have its perks....but networking also has it's perks.

Then you call me out for agreeing with your original statement...

Then you call me out for trying to "slight" those perks that you've already agreed that exists!!!
I think you may have been trying to slight those brothers for not jumping up and helping you out. Then your long lost son of John came to your rescue? Did someone spill some fertilizer in here?

I think it's you that may have been chewing on that fertilizer and washing it down with some union Kool-aid!!
I know it's not often that we agree, if ever......maybe you're just not sure how do deal with it!

You know they weren't on break? All I know is John was on break. The right attitude gets you unloaded many times. Walk in with a chip on your shoulder and see where it takes you. Did someone forget who the customer is here? Personally, I know the break times of my customers. I know when they go to lunch. I know who does the receiving. I also deal with government workers every day. Act like you are in a hurry and it may take awhile.
We used to know our customers habits and have relationships with them, to everyone's benefit. Now we run a different route every day, so we have no way to know which dock to bump, when/if they go to lunch/break, what there individual systems are, etc.

We do the best we can with what we have, not what we wish we had...

I would say another stall tactic by the union.
The truth: FedEx always appeals the Union in excluding dockworkers. As has always been the case, the NLRB rules against FedEx. On 12-31-14 FedEx filed a "Request for Review". The ballots seem to be impounded, awaiting the results of that review. So NO, this was not initiated by the Union, but by FedEx.

Link to the Facts: http://www.nlrb.gov/case/06-RC-140779

If that doesn't work, this will get you there: http://www.nlrb.gov/search/all/fedex parkersburg, wv

Last edited:
I stand corrected on the fact it happened on the 31st of last month which was the last possible day to do so but they certainly didn't file the appeal when PKB first petitioned for a vote like you claimed either.

I stand corrected on the fact it happened on the 31st of last month which was the last possible day to do so but they certainly didn't file the appeal when PKB first petitioned for a vote like you claimed either.
Thank you for stepping up. They filed the appeal when it was appropriate to file it. You cannot appeal a ruling that has yet to be made.

Status
Not open for further replies.