Yellow | No Cola

The thing ya gotta realize Larry is The Buck Stops Here!!! Fed Ex complains about unions, because they enjoy the benefits we have brought them and don't have to foot the bill. Roadway and Holland complain about us because it was our company that bought them and started putting the screws to them. We are The Professionals, when it comes to getting reamed. Our group has been dealing with the company for many, many, years. So be content you are miserable in the shadow of greatness!!! :1036316054:

I'm not really miserable, you know that. And as I noted before, I worked and you work for the masters of keeping the adversarial system alive and well.

:biglaugh: Wolf, thanks for the best laugh I've had in a long time! Been called many things by management (agitator,troublemaker) and some nasty truckingboards banned words by co-workers (usually as they leave the bosses office I point out their dirty knees; just trying to help):shrug:
But in 27 years in this great Teamsters union, I have never been accused of being an "Elite/Connected/Insider":biglaugh:
That's just too funny!

You know, I hadn't either. But I decided, what the hell, if it makes him feel better, I don't mind being insulted.

Wolf, thanks for the best laugh I've had in a long time! Been called many things by management (agitator,troublemaker) and some nasty truckingboards banned words by co-workers (usually as they leave the bosses office I point out their dirty knees; just trying to help)
But in 27 years in this great Teamsters union, I have never been accused of being an "Elite/Connected/Insider":biglaugh:
That's just too funny!
I got that impression because of a post that implied you were the only one that understands things as they are. It has been my experience from other posters that makes the rest of us "TDUers" or "Too blind to see" or just maybe "Too dumb to get it" And my favorite "Just too dang negitive" :hissyfit: Your right I have no business painting with such a broad brush. I'm sorry for jumping to conclussions. I with draw my judgement of you being Elite/Connected/Insider for now.:hysterical: :console:

Just yanking your chain Larry. I do however feel hanging with all of you Elite/Connected/Insiders might give me a bad rep. :hysterical::hysterical:

Oh, and by the way, every NMFA, to my recollection, has had about 1/3 of the members vote no. Which means, about 2/3rds voted yes.
Your absolutly right. I sure would have liked to know where the non voters stand tho. I bet if they were'nt so lazy they would have voted no too. :Poke:

I got that impression because of a post that implied you were the only one that understands things as they are. It has been my experience from other posters that makes the rest of us "TDUers" or "Too blind to see" or just maybe "Too dumb to get it" And my favorite "Just too dang negitive" :hissyfit: Your right I have no business painting with such a broad brush. I'm sorry for jumping to conclussions. I with draw my judgement of you being Elite/Connected/Insider for now.:hysterical: :console:
Wolf, I never took offense, I really did think it was funny! You did , however , give one of my "buddies" some ammunition. He called me an Elitist on the phone this morning!!! (he will get payback):biglaugh:
Have a good day brother!

Wolf, I never took offense, I really did think it was funny! You did , however , give one of my "buddies" some ammunition. He called me an Elitist on the phone this morning!!! (he will get payback):biglaugh:
Have a good day brother!
I swear I never talked with him. Hey Larry would you please pass the prunes??? Think I'm in need of some here cuz I'm gettin way to sensitive. :hysterical::hysterical:

<snip>
I'm sorry for jumping to conclussions. I with draw my judgement of you being Elite/Connected/Insider for now.:hysterical: :console:

Hey Wolf, since I was one of three &quot;Elite/Connected/Insider&quot; persons mentioned earlier, does your apology apply to me too? Oh, please, please let it be so!! :smile1:

Elite Insiders are guys that go to meetings and pay attention to whats going on because thats what I do to stay informed .
In todays world if you not informed your not paying attention .
I know its easier to gripe on a silly message board than to actually go find out whats going on, then of course their is NASCAR and Football and Beer and of course beer and maybe some beer .

Elite Insiders are guys that go to meetings and pay attention to whats going on because thats what I do to stay informed .
In todays world if you not informed your not paying attention .
I know its easier to gripe on a silly message board than to actually go find out whats going on, then of course their is NASCAR and Football and Beer and of course beer and maybe some beer .
No you got it wrong man. The Elite/Insiders are no an more informed than any one else, just afraid to question for fear of ending up with us outsiders. I spent 5 years as a steward but give it up when it became apparent that nobody wants to rock the boat, or worse, asks the boss how he wants things. And for anyone that swears it's not that way, I would suggest that they are the ones that are uninformed, or to blind to see, or don't want to see. I gripe on this silly board, at work, and the hall. Up intill this last NMFA I was the resident radical. Nothing left in me but it sure does bother me when gentelmen ridicule those that want to continue fighting anyway they can. I would bet a pay check (if I had one) that anyone that wants to fight knows darn well its a lost cause. But instead of helping or at least understanding, I seen comments about Oxymorons, to blind to see, ect. And even tho it was'nt directed at me I took offense. And yes Triplex I should have never sugested you were special. :joke: I apoligize to you too. Really guys this all started as a joke with Larry but has since taken on a life of its own. I have learned over the last couple of days that their is no humor left within the Yellow ranks and the longer Yrc is running Roadway the more I'm starting to see thats the only way to survive here. Sorry to all I offended.

PS Please don't tell Jeff he will give me some points for sure. :hide:

Truer words were never spoken

I spent 5 years as a steward but give it up when it became apparent that nobody wants to rock the boat, or worse, asks the boss how he wants things. And for anyone that swears it's not that way, I would suggest that they are the ones that are uninformed, or to blind to see, or don't want to see.

Truer words were never spoken and that was a great post. The truth is the truth and solidarity is for sale, period. I was hoping LCP/local 771 was just a companies union, but I fear its was merely a carbon copy of the real thing across the board. I guess there is what we wanna believe and then the cold hard truth, reality. Best of luck to you all and below is a book that is a great read in case you need some new material on your time off.

dollarsign.gif

SolidarityforSale300.jpg

Blind to the truth,morons,and whatever..I quess I am blind.I know we were snowballed with this one but so far NO ONE has produced a piece of paper with any dates on it.:chairshot:Our local doesn't know anything about it and seems they also want to push it aside..So if any of you NON-morons have something with dates on it why not post it on here.Hey Wolf I also was a steward on a small job all we had was guys that would ***** to you and behind your back they would go make their side deals and make you like a troublemaker.Now I work for a freight outfit and half the guys are monty halls with their side deals.Oh well this moron has to go to work now
MORON out:funky:

No you got it wrong man. The Elite/Insiders are no an more informed than any one else, just afraid to question for fear of ending up with us outsiders. I spent 5 years as a steward but give it up when it became apparent that nobody wants to rock the boat, or worse, asks the boss how he wants things. And for anyone that swears it's not that way, I would suggest that they are the ones that are uninformed, or to blind to see, or don't want to see. I gripe on this silly board, at work, and the hall. Up intill this last NMFA I was the resident radical. Nothing left in me but it sure does bother me when gentelmen ridicule those that want to continue fighting anyway they can. I would bet a pay check (if I had one) that anyone that wants to fight knows darn well its a lost cause. But instead of helping or at least understanding, I seen comments about Oxymorons, to blind to see, ect. And even tho it was'nt directed at me I took offense. And yes Triplex I should have never sugested you were special. :joke: I apoligize to you too. Really guys this all started as a joke with Larry but has since taken on a life of its own. I have learned over the last couple of days that their is no humor left within the Yellow ranks and the longer Yrc is running Roadway the more I'm starting to see thats the only way to survive here. Sorry to all I offended.

PS Please don't tell Jeff he will give me some points for sure. :hide:

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Been there, done that. Been a steward for some time, and ran for steward a different time and lost. Have done my share of complaining, and winning and losing grievances, and it never gets me anywhere.

And as for the boss (he don't like that word), you can run, but you can't hide. He's got your number I'm sure. :hysterical::hysterical:

Blind to the truth,morons,and whatever..I quess I am blind.I know we were snowballed with this one but so far NO ONE has produced a piece of paper with any dates on it.:chairshot:Our local doesn't know anything about it and seems they also want to push it aside..So if any of you NON-morons have something with dates on it why not post it on here.Hey Wolf I also was a steward on a small job all we had was guys that would ***** to you and behind your back they would go make their side deals and make you like a troublemaker.Now I work for a freight outfit and half the guys are monty halls with their side deals.Oh well this moron has to go to work now
MORON out:funky:

Crazy,

I hate to beat a dead horse (OK, so I do like animals more than people :smile1:), but if you re-read the new National Master Freight Agreement which was mailed to all of us before the ratification vote, you will see on the second page the following:

&quot;4. Cost-of-Living Adjustment Clause: Article 33

No change from current contract language except change dates to make effective in new agreement.&quot;

I guess I'm &quot;Elite/Connected/Insider&quot; because I read the contract that I work under!

(Just kidding Wolf!! :smilie_132:)