Yellow | No Cola

I know the union sent out surveys, I know what they ask, my question is in regards to the results of the surveys.
To whom, where was it released? This information was never posted, emailed, through any Teamster communication that I have received. If you have the exact results I would love to see them, and I have been looking for them ever since I mailed out my survey. My issue is if we are going to state something as fact, we ought to be able to back our claims with verifiable data. I feel pretty confident that if there had been a release of statistics from the surveys I would have seen it by now, but I could be wrong.

Hmmmmmm, Ya know what?????
Now that you mention it, I don't recall ever seeing an actual release. I remember being told by the contract propoganda machine in one of their flyers that was what the results were.

Just got the Teamster Freight News paper today and twice it talks about how great the COLA is and is still there. Me thinks someone speaka wit forked tongue Keemosabi

It's common sense that an aging workforce would put the pension and health care issues high on the list.

Then why bother with a survey? Why quote a survey to validate a point? Why even poll the members? We can just ask you what common sense says.

I am not saying that Pensions were not the most important issue to the members, I honestly don't know. Does it not seem wrong to use that survey to make a point assuming and implying the results(which are to my knowledge still unreleased) to back up a statement?

LARRY! THAT WAS UNCALLED FOR MAN. :order::Duel::tongue0015::joke:

Well just take this thread for example. Triplex very accurately pointed out why you will not get a COLA this year. But several people here didn't want to hear the GD truth, they just want to bit**. The post right before this is a perfect illustration. So I stand by my statement.

Larry Retired ...sometimes ya gotta sit back and say "WTF" or There are none so blind as those that will not see .
Either one works with these guys.

Well just take this thread for example. Triplex very accurately pointed out why you will not get a COLA this year. But several people here didn't want to hear the GD truth, they just want to bit**. The post right before this is a perfect illustration. So I stand by my statement.
:joke: That means Just Kidding......A while back it was suggested you needed some prunes or some other form of laxitive to loosen that uptite feeling. :horse: I'm pretty sure everone "Gets it". But if all you educated truck drivers can't see, or won't admit, the membership was mislead on this you sir (read: Triplex, 45 cal, x475) will never understand their frustration. Then again it may be something that you don't want to see. The Elite/Connected/Insiders are often the first to throw stones, if for no other reason than to keep those that think or feel different from the trough. Parting note Larry. What fun would this forum be if we all seen things the same way as you. Personaly I'm proud to be an Oxymoron, mostly cuz I'm just to stupid to know what that is. :biglaugh: :smilie_132:

:joke: That means Just Kidding......A while back it was suggested you needed some prunes or some other form of laxitive to loosen that uptite feeling. :horse: I'm pretty sure everone "Gets it". But if all you educated truck drivers can't see, or won't admit, the membership was mislead on this you sir (read: Triplex, 45 cal, x475) will never understand their frustration. Then again it may be something that you don't want to see. The Elite/Connected/Insiders are often the first to throw stones, if for no other reason than to keep those that think or feel different from the trough. Parting note Larry. What fun would this forum be if we all seen things the same way as you. Personaly I'm proud to be an Oxymoron, mostly cuz I'm just to stupid to know what that is. :biglaugh: :smilie_132:

Wolf, i'm with you on this one. We were mislead. I can understand now why we are not getting a COLA and I accept it - but I don't like it.

If not getting a COLA on the first year of the NMFA is so standard procedure, why was it necessary for Tyson Johnson to declare that? And why did he wait until April 1 to do just that? Why didn't they (the union) spell that out at voting time when they were selling this "great" (read POS) new contract? And first year $.50 raise INCLUDES cost of living? What a joke!

Wolf, i'm with you on this one. We were mislead. I can understand now why we are not getting a COLA and I accept it - but I don't like it.

If not getting a COLA on the first year of the NMFA is so standard procedure, why was it necessary for Tyson Johnson to declare that? And why did he wait until April 1 to do just that? Why didn't they (the union) spell that out at voting time when they were selling this "great" (read POS) new contract? And first year $.50 raise INCLUDES cost of living? What a joke!
Yesteryear you already know all the answers to your questions, so do I and if most would be honest, they do too. It is really hard to have to admit that our union has become as bad as the companies about useing the back door on us. :hide: Dang and I was so trying not to be such a negitive poster. :biglaugh: I said earlier I have nothing left and will just except it. God Bless those that want to keep on fighting. :1036316054:

Yesteryear you already know all the answers to your questions, so do I and if most would be honest, they do too. It is really hard to have to admit that our union has become as bad as the companies about useing the back door on us. :hide: Dang and I was so trying not to be such a negitive poster. :biglaugh: I said earlier I have nothing left and will just except it. God Bless those that want to keep on fighting. :1036316054:

All I have to say on the subject at the moment is "I told ya so"!!!

The union wasn't exactly negotiating from a position of strength. If you don't believe me, go to the LTL trucking company forums and see how many of us there are versus how many of them there are. Having a giant like UPSF come online is a big help. But there has to be a lot of give and take, and the union took all that it could, I believe. And asking for more money during an economic slowdown is not going to happen. But I'm like triplex here, I'm wasting my time. I go to other forums sometimes just to regain my bearings, because this forum is the most negative place on these threads. I'm not surprised, because I found this attitude very prevalent at the Denver barn also. And I blame this on management. They try to perpetuate the adversarial system to the limit. It is very unfortunate, because I don't think it is a wise business decision. But the culture there just fosters more of the same, and I don't think they plan on changing anytime soon.

This will probably not make sense but way back when Teamsters started their was no such thing as a union Ltl. And I'm sure everyone of the guys heard the company can't afford it, we'll be out of business, the competition will have an advantage. Thank god for truckdrivers with backbone or we would never have goten this far. Somewhere we lost that backbone I guess. And I don't buy it was a different time. They were just as scared as we are today. Hope my point is coming across. And the company has nothing to do with my negitivity, I know whos screwing me and when and place the responsibility where its appropriate. If I recall about a third of us voted against this contract and now even a few of the good things in the NMFA are turning out to be a sham. And here comes the negitive part. We haven't learned just how bad it really is yet.:hide:

Larry just wondering why you are here if its so painfull for you? Honest I enjoy different points of view and glad to have you but you ARE waisting your time if your trying to convert me. I'm to far gone for that. Sorry if that makes you miserable man, that was never my intent.

This will probably not make sense but way back when Teamsters started their was no such thing as a union Ltl. And I'm sure everyone of the guys heard the company can't afford it, we'll be out of business, the competition will have an advantage. Thank god for truckdrivers with backbone or we would never have goten this far. Somewhere we lost that backbone I guess. And I don't buy it was a different time. They were just as scared as we are today. Hope my point is coming across. And the company has nothing to do with my negitivity, I know whos screwing me and when and place the responsibility where its appropriate. If I recall about a third of us voted against this contract and now even a few of the good things in the NMFA are turning out to be a sham. And here comes the negitive part. We haven't learned just how bad it really is yet.:hide:

Your point makes perfect sense, and I agree. And those people stood up and fought. And that is what needs to be done today, but you have to fight the right enemy. You want to throw the union under the bus when they're doing the best they can with what few weapons they have. The fight is on a larger battleground. You live in a state that has been devastated by globalists and outsourcers. And people are fighting back, but it is a long uphill struggle. For example, new members that joined the Senate in 2006 include Sherrod Brown(Ohio), Claire McCaskill(Missouri), Jon Tester(Montana), Jim Webb(Virginia) and your own Debbie Stabenow(Michigan). These Senators don't join in lockstep with the old liners and they are trying to reverse some of the legislation that has led to where we are now. My hope is that the voters will add more of these kind of politicians in 2008. If we don't change this course, and soon, your last sentence will be very prophetic. Oh, and by the way, every NMFA, to my recollection, has had about 1/3 of the members vote no. Which means, about 2/3rds voted yes.

Larry just wondering why you are here if its so painfull for you? Honest I enjoy different points of view and glad to have you but you ARE waisting your time if your trying to convert me. I'm to far gone for that. Sorry if that makes you miserable man, that was never my intent.

LOL, I don't want to convert anyone. I just get frustrated with unreasonable people. So you are right, I guess I'll just have to remain miserable if I intend to stay with thus forum, because it is synonymous with unreasonable.

LOL, I don't want to convert anyone. I just get frustrated with unreasonable people. So you are right, I guess I'll just have to remain miserable if I intend to stay with thus forum, because it is synonymous with unreasonable.

The thing ya gotta realize Larry is The Buck Stops Here!!! Fed Ex complains about unions, because they enjoy the benefits we have brought them and don't have to foot the bill. Roadway and Holland complain about us because it was our company that bought them and started putting the screws to them. We are The Professionals, when it comes to getting reamed. Our group has been dealing with the company for many, many, years. So be content you are miserable in the shadow of greatness!!! :1036316054:

Frustration: that's a whole nother story!

... I'm pretty sure everone "Gets it". But if all you educated truck drivers can't see, or won't admit, the membership was mislead on this you sir (read: Triplex, 45 cal, x475) will never understand their frustration. Then again it may be something that you don't want to see. The Elite/Connected/Insiders are often the first to throw stones, if for no other reason than to keep those that think or feel different from the trough....
:biglaugh: Wolf, thanks for the best laugh I've had in a long time! Been called many things by management (agitator,troublemaker) and some nasty truckingboards banned words by co-workers (usually as they leave the bosses office I point out their dirty knees; just trying to help):shrug:
But in 27 years in this great Teamsters union, I have never been accused of being an "Elite/Connected/Insider":biglaugh:
That's just too funny!