Central Transport | No Freight

Buckeyedriver7

TB Lurker
Credits
Another night sitting home because of no freight. Last week only worked 4 nights too. Supervisor told me they holding trailers until there full so they can eliminate runs. If a trailer is not full the dock supervisor has to take a picture of the inside of the trailer and the dock number. He said this is coming from upper management. Last week they rotated drivers off so the same people didn't get screwed. Is this happening at other LTL carriers or just us?

OS&D has some damaged KY jelly they can sell you to help with the pain....or you could use 5th wheel grease

But seriously its getting slow and it has happened here in TX....Although lots of time they run with emptys because they have hot freight coming back from the turn...Some accts gotta move..Buckeye i dont mean to make light of it...thats money you need...but sometimes this place makes you cynical...and you just gotta laugh sometimes...But im just kiddin bro...but if things dont change soon...it wont matter...we will all be out of a job...But we got plenty of 5th wheel grease and KY....thats a must in tx

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe if they would stop stacking freight 3 and 4 skids high they could use more drivers and reduce OS&D

Another night sitting home because of no freight. Last week only worked 4 nights too. Supervisor told me they holding trailers until there full so they can eliminate runs. If a trailer is not full the dock supervisor has to take a picture of the inside of the trailer and the dock number. He said this is coming from upper management. Last week they rotated drivers off so the same people didn't get screwed. Is this happening at other LTL carriers or just us?

Don't mean to minimize your maximize, but now you are feeling P&D pain. We have had rotating days since spring here, and with over half our linehaul making 70k plus and most of our P&D making less than 40k down from 50k to 60k, there is a lot of bad blood here considering they get to work our own dock and we cannot (even if we get 4 less an hour and do not have our 40 in) Right now we are down 4 linehauls since July, and it doesn't matter, it keeps all ours working. I am not saying it is right, freight needs to go in a timely manner, and i can't tell how much is 4 or 5 day from east coast and customers are not happy.

Talked to two friends, 1 at Holland the other at Dayton and both said it's really slow there too. Several lay offs at USF Holland and more to come. I guess it's the economy nationwide. You would think it would be busy shipping for the holidays but I guess people that have a job are not spending. Can't say I blame them.

Talked to two friends, 1 at Holland the other at Dayton and both said it's really slow there too. Several lay offs at USF Holland and more to come. I guess it's the economy nationwide. You would think it would be busy shipping for the holidays but I guess people that have a job are not spending. Can't say I blame them.
I think we are starting to see a holding pattern until after the election.

my terminal cannot get parts to fix trucks or tires. half the fleet needs new rubber and pitt will not send any down.outside vender came to terminal to collect money owed to them,our t.m. told them to call corperate.seems like corperate is up to their old ways of not paying the bills.
I think we are starting to see a holding pattern until after the election.

we prob keep changing vendors due to late pmt. they even went as far as to try and negotioate with one of the vendors to lower the bill. but on the driver collects if customer asks to be billed, they want pmt in 30 days.

u r exactley right fudge, after the election freight will be booming, the freight will either be free and junk or high priced and good freight, it all depends on who gets in the white house........ but the mayan calendar says we all die in december so it really dont matter who gets in office hahahhahahahh

u r exactley right fudge, after the election freight will be booming, the freight will either be free and junk or high priced and good freight, it all depends on who gets in the white house........ but the mayan calendar says we all die in december so it really dont matter who gets in office hahahhahahahh

it does matter if you believe in following your leader!!!

We are either going to get 72 virgins, or, go to some distant planet and do whatever Mormons do there

back to the no freight issue, when you say people getting screwed and they should rotate people so everyone gets hrs. this might be cold hearted but, that is what senority is for. in dec of 08 I was 1 person away from getting laid off, there were 5 that got laid off. that is how it works, it is not my fauly that u didnt come aboard along time ago to keep from getting in this situation. everyone goes thru it, some barns t.m's r differnt, mine at the time popped people at the bottom to the unemployment line. the one I got now, well he did the whole rotate guys so no one would get laid off thing too, then he askes me well this is better then laying some1 off, I told him well if u ask me what you should do, u should go from the bottom up until u fulfill your needs of cutting hours. most the ones at the bottom are from yrc they should be used to getting the pink slip. thats my opinion.

I think our is done that way so no one leaves perminetly since we cannot get anyone to replace the 10 here that have left over the last few months

back to the no freight issue, when you say people getting screwed and they should rotate people so everyone gets hrs. this might be cold hearted but, that is what senority is for. in dec of 08 I was 1 person away from getting laid off, there were 5 that got laid off. that is how it works, it is not my fauly that u didnt come aboard along time ago to keep from getting in this situation. everyone goes thru it, some barns t.m's r differnt, mine at the time popped people at the bottom to the unemployment line. the one I got now, well he did the whole rotate guys so no one would get laid off thing too, then he askes me well this is better then laying some1 off, I told him well if u ask me what you should do, u should go from the bottom up until u fulfill your needs of cutting hours. most the ones at the bottom are from yrc they should be used to getting the pink slip. thats my opinion.

I understand what your saying about seniority, but when has Pjax/Vitran ever honored seniority. I have 5 guys under me and they worked when I was off. The line-haul dept. in Indy sets up the loads and determines who is working. Our senior drivers are not affected just the guys at the bottom of the board. There is a lot of favoritism too. Since there is no employee handbook the company can make up the rules as the game goes on.

hey buckeye, i was told by h.r. that we would have a "employee handbook- rules- etc book sometime at the end or beginning of the new yr". now I was told this in june 2012. when I ask my barn t.m. about it he looks at me like im talking about seeing e.t. when I have an issue I argue my point thru the handbook I got years ago, I still have it and I still look thru it, our t.m. got in the big chair in 2011 and that was his 1st day with vitran so he himself said he hasent seen the rule book I base my logics on. more less it doesnt matter cuz its my house, my rules.