FedEx Freight | No more milage pay for CA?

WTF are you talking about, the driver who rolled a trl 25' from the driveway had nothing to do with a rear end collision!!
I see you're making crap up again!!

So now accidents do happen? Which one is it Red? Yes, rear end accidents do occur frequently. In my opinion, they're also the most preventable. As far as my pestering drivers that never happened. Drivers actually sought me out. The man you mentioned earlier actually does not work for another "branch" of Fedex. Fedex Ground doesn't hire drivers. He works for a company who leases on. Concerning my individual employment I'm not at liberty to discuss that matter at the moment.

Hmmm, you bugged and pestered the :shhit: outta drivers when you wanted their support but you wouldn't even walk into the man's office and introduce yourself??

Shouldn't he have wanted to meet all new hires? I wasn't even show where his office was when I was hired. I guess you can call me old fashioned, but I feel leadership should take the initiative. You see Red, that's how I organized your terminal. I was part of a team willing to lead the other men, and took the initiative to do so.

Spoken from a man who has seniority...how bout the new hires on the bottom, they're starving to death. Explains why a union supporter that left our company didn't go to work for YRC, ABF, or even UPSF when they all were hiring...nope, he went to work for another branch of FedEx because he wanted a paycheck!!
Life isn't about money, you may have made more than me but I was home EVERY day in time for dinner with the family, to help with homework, etc..., and EVERY weekend as well, you can't put a price on being there for your family!!

I believe your statement is spoken like someone with Seniority as well. You don't care when some of your men are sitting at home while purchase transport is used. Remember the 13 or so drivers given the axe in 2013? Some of them I know had as many as 10 years in.

Spoken from a man who has seniority...how bout the new hires on the bottom, they're starving to death. Explains why a union supporter that left our company didn't go to work for YRC, ABF, or even UPSF when they all were hiring...nope, he went to work for another branch of FedEx because he wanted a paycheck!!
Life isn't about money, you may have made more than me but I was home EVERY day in time for dinner with the family, to help with homework, etc..., and EVERY weekend as well, you can't put a price on being there for your family!!

Careful Red. On one hand you're placing his situation under the benefit of seniority, while new hires starve. But then you paint a beautiful picture of yourself, with good wages and great hours, that allow for superior family time. Your situation also comes from seniority AND being in the right place at the right time. Nothing wrong with that, it's just not accurate to paint with a broad brush, your picture of US vs THEM.

Most here don't enjoy a consistent family friendly schedule, regardless of tenure. Seniority is always a factor, but location (and the choices that brings) is equally significant.

Careful Red. On one hand you're placing his situation under the benefit of seniority, while new hires starve. But then you paint a beautiful picture of yourself, with good wages and great hours, that allow for superior family time. Your situation also comes from seniority AND being in the right place at the right time. Nothing wrong with that, it's just not accurate to paint with a broad brush, your picture of US vs THEM.

Most here don't enjoy a consistent family friendly schedule, regardless of tenure. Seniority is always a factor, but location (and the choices that brings) is equally significant.
Not necessarily, we have drivers who've been with the company less than 5 years, on the road in 2 years, they're at the bottom of the road board (no seniority), yet they run a daytime road bid right behind me...they're home in time to enjoy dinner with their families as well!! This doesn't happen at a union company, it just doesn't...and it's not just at my center, thus the use of the broad brush.
I agree with the second part of your last paragraph but I take issue with the first...most who are at a location where the opportunity presents itself don't enjoy a consistent family schedule because they choose not to due to previous choices they've made in life...it's no ones fault but their own. At a union company you don't have those choices.

So now accidents do happen? Which one is it Red? Yes, rear end accidents do occur frequently. In my opinion, they're also the most preventable. As far as my pestering drivers that never happened. Drivers actually sought me out. The man you mentioned earlier actually does not work for another "branch" of Fedex. Fedex Ground doesn't hire drivers. He works for a company who leases on. Concerning my individual employment I'm not at liberty to discuss that matter at the moment.
I never said accidents don't happen, I said rear end collisions aren't "frequent occurrences"...and yes, they're all preventable. 30 txt messages a day to one driver begging for support isn't pestering?? Thx for proving my point, instead of going to work for YRC, ABF, or the great UPSF where he'd starve to death, he went to work for a contractor that leases on with FedEx. I never asked about your employment, no offense but I could care less.

Shouldn't he have wanted to meet all new hires? I wasn't even show where his office was when I was hired. I guess you can call me old fashioned, but I feel leadership should take the initiative. You see Red, that's how I organized your terminal. I was part of a team willing to lead the other men, and took the initiative to do so.
I can't speak for him but I can say he didn't introduce himself to me either...so I took the initiative to walk into his office and introduce myself...guess that's the difference between you and I. You were able to temporarily organize our center because that's what union salts do, to bad you didn't stick around long enough to see things through to the end.

I believe your statement is spoken like someone with Seniority as well. You don't care when some of your men are sitting at home while purchase transport is used. Remember the 13 or so drivers given the axe in 2013? Some of them I know had as many as 10 years in.
Sure I do...I was on the bottom at one time and sat at home many of days while PT ran, it's part of the business. Just look at UPSF in Gaffney, ride by their yard any day of the week and it looks like a truck stop with all of the PT's parked on their yard!! I can remember more than one layoff, unfortunately that's part of the business also.

Not necessarily, we have drivers who've been with the company less than 5 years, on the road in 2 years, they're at the bottom of the road board (no seniority), yet they run a daytime road bid right behind me...they're home in time to enjoy dinner with their families as well!! This doesn't happen at a union company, it just doesn't...and it's not just at my center, thus the use of the broad brush.
I agree with the second part of your last paragraph but I take issue with the first...most who are at a location where the opportunity presents itself don't enjoy a consistent family schedule because they choose not to due to previous choices they've made in life...it's no ones fault but their own. At a union company you don't have those choices.
You are so wrong, I run the same schedule everyday! Have dinner with my family everyday!! Some drivers choose to run the board and are home weekends and a lot of times they are home a couple days during the week. All our drivers work every night whether they have been here a month or 20 years! So it seems Red you don't know nearly as much as you like to make some think! Granted it does slow down some around the end of the year and there is several weeks when a couple guys don't get out a nite or two, but by then they welcome the null time to relax at home Red!! You really have a misconseption on the way we work, I probably spend more time at home than you........

I can't speak for him but I can say he didn't introduce himself to me either...so I took the initiative to walk into his office and introduce myself...guess that's the difference between you and I. You were able to temporarily organize our center because that's what union salts do, to bad you didn't stick around long enough to see things through to the end.

It doesn't look temporary to me.
:1036316054:
https://teamster.org/news/2014/11/fedex-freight-workers-charlotte-vote-join-teamsters-local-71

I never asked about your employment, no offense but I could care less.

In one breath you point out knowing mine and my fellow City drivers production numbers, and in the next breath you claim to not care. You're hilarious. I'll tell you this much, I am filing an unfair labor charge this week. I can tell you that much, as it will be public information.

In one breath you point out knowing mine and my fellow City drivers production numbers, and in the next breath you claim to not care. You're hilarious. I'll tell you this much, I am filing an unfair labor charge this week. I can tell you that much, as it will be public information.
In one breath you claim "mine and my fellow city drivers" and in a previous breath you admitted to JD that you no longer work here...it's you that's hilarious my friend!!
Good luck with your ULP, I've got a feeling you're going to need it!!

You are so wrong, I run the same schedule everyday! Have dinner with my family everyday!! Some drivers choose to run the board and are home weekends and a lot of times they are home a couple days during the week. All our drivers work every night whether they have been here a month or 20 years! So it seems Red you don't know nearly as much as you like to make some think! Granted it does slow down some around the end of the year and there is several weeks when a couple guys don't get out a nite or two, but by then they welcome the null time to relax at home Red!! You really have a misconseption on the way we work, I probably spend more time at home than you........
Not according to those who post the contrary or the various union forums...maybe you're at a location where all get to work but the general consensus is that most new hires starve to death.
I average working 7.25 hrs a day, 36.25 hrs a week....and you?? I get quite a bit of home time with the family!!

Not according to those who post the contrary or the various union forums...maybe you're at a location where all get to work but the general consensus is that most new hires starve to death.
I average working 7.25 hrs a day, 36.25 hrs a week....and you?? I get quite a bit of home time with the family!!
Your general consensus is way off base for new hires,some if not most are making more than myself! Their younger and like working harder than myself... Lol you do have me beat on hours worked, I must confess, I put in around 45 a week, but I only live 1 1/2 miles from the terminal. All of our terminals junior men get all they want and then some! Sorry it just not all doom and gloom as you think.....