FedEx Freight | No more milage pay for CA?

What does that have to do with the price of eggs in China?? I'm sure he's not the only person to ever have been let go by the company that's filed a ULP....maybe the only one that's won though.

Whatever makes you feel better Red. I'm not going to be drawn in to discussing specifics of my case. I'm sure you'll read it on the NLRB website when it's filed. I'm going back to the politics forum. There's much more interesting debate there than here with you.

Whatever makes you feel better Red. I'm not going to be drawn in to discussing specifics of my case. I'm sure you'll read it on the NLRB website when it's filed. I'm going back to the politics forum. There's much more interesting debate there than here with you.
Not asking for specifics, I could care less what you do!! If I'm not mistaken you're the one who brought it up...if you didn't want to talk about, you shouldn't have brought it up!!

No luck needed when the law is on your side. Remember this case with Tommy Grass?

http://caselaw.findlaw.com/us-7th-circuit/1363266.html

Excellent post DD!

Everyone remotely interested should read that case. Several similarities exist between the practices of then and the practices of now, in areas both related and unrelated to union activity. Some things, it seems, never change.

There is a lot of interesting excerpts I'd like to quote, but rather than take this thread off track, even deeper into the weeds, we'll share just one, for now.

"Under these circumstances, the Board's decision to reject FedEx's claim that it would have discharged Grass regardless of his union activity is supported by substantial evidence". - See more at: http://caselaw.findlaw.com/us-7th-circuit/1363266.html#sthash.qAzsICMi.dpuf

Not necessarily, we have drivers who've been with the company less than 5 years, on the road in 2 years, they're at the bottom of the road board (no seniority), yet they run a daytime road bid right behind me...they're home in time to enjoy dinner with their families as well!! This doesn't happen at a union company, it just doesn't...and it's not just at my center, thus the use of the broad brush.
I agree with the second part of your last paragraph but I take issue with the first...most who are at a location where the opportunity presents itself don't enjoy a consistent family schedule because they choose not to due to previous choices they've made in life...it's no ones fault but their own. At a union company you don't have those choices.

I wished everything was like this dream job you speak of, quit blowing smoke nobody believes you anyways.

Excellent post DD!

Everyone remotely interested should read that case. Several similarities exist between the practices of then and the practices of now, in areas both related and unrelated to union activity. Some things, it seems, never change.

There is a lot of interesting excerpts I'd like to quote, but rather than take this thread off track, even deeper into the weeds, we'll share just one, for now.

"Under these circumstances, the Board's decision to reject FedEx's claim that it would have discharged Grass regardless of his union activity is supported by substantial evidence". - See more at: http://caselaw.findlaw.com/us-7th-circuit/1363266.html#sthash.qAzsICMi.dpuf

Of course this is one example, in 2 minutes of searching I found another;
http://apps.nlrb.gov/link/document.aspx/09031d4581cc68ab

Which the courts upheld the termination based on dishonesty. You guys hold up this one shining example but this one and others that you can easily find show that it's not as cut and dry as he makes it out to be. Filing an unfair labor practice charge and winning it are two entirely different things, and the Grass case took years to win.

Of course this is one example, in 2 minutes of searching I found another;
http://apps.nlrb.gov/link/document.aspx/09031d4581cc68ab

Which the courts upheld the termination based on dishonesty. You guys hold up this one shining example but this one and others that you can easily find show that it's not as cut and dry as he makes it out to be. Filing an unfair labor practice charge and winning it are two entirely different things, and the Grass case took years to win.
Little different, John.

"employee Kevin “Dale” Grosso, an open and active supporter of the Union, anonymously scribbled vulgar, offensive, and, in isolation, arguably threatening statements on several union newsletters left in an employee breakroom in an attempt to encourage his fellow employees to support the Union in an upcoming decertification election."

"In the now-vacated Decision and Order, the Board concluded that Grosso’s handwritten statements were not so egregious as to cost him the protection of the National Labor Relations Act. The Board further found that Grosso’s dishonesty during Fresenius’ lawful investigation was protected and thus could not serve as a lawful basis for discipline."

But the final conclusion was based on a key fact:

"As the judge stated, Fresenius’ discharge of Grosso for dishonesty was consistent with discipline it had imposed for similar violations in the past."

You are right though John, nothing is cut and dry. In the end, the details of the case will determine the outcome.

Little different, John.

"employee Kevin “Dale” Grosso, an open and active supporter of the Union, anonymously scribbled vulgar, offensive, and, in isolation, arguably threatening statements on several union newsletters left in an employee breakroom in an attempt to encourage his fellow employees to support the Union in an upcoming decertification election."

"In the now-vacated Decision and Order, the Board concluded that Grosso’s handwritten statements were not so egregious as to cost him the protection of the National Labor Relations Act. The Board further found that Grosso’s dishonesty during Fresenius’ lawful investigation was protected and thus could not serve as a lawful basis for discipline."

"As the judge stated, Fresenius’ discharge of Grosso for dishonesty was consistent with discipline it had imposed for similar violations in the past."

You are right though John, nothing is cut and dry. In the end, the details of the case will determine the outcome.

The first time jd even posts a link it's something that doesn't compare to what we're talking about....typical :clapping:

Little different, John.

I realize it's different but so is the case we're talking about which I might point out that neither you nor I know the "facts" about. My point simply was just because you file a ulp complaint doesn't mean you'll win. I would almost bet "most" don't win.

The first time jd even posts a link it's something that doesn't compare to what we're talking about....typical :clapping:

What do you mean it doesn't compare? You have no idea what compares and what doesn't. What's to say that the case we're talking about isn't more closely related to the one I posted as opposed to the Tommy Grass case. They were both cases where an ulp charge was filed because of supposed wrongful termination of a union supporter with different outcomes based on different facts. The same as this case has different facts. And its not the first time I posted a link that disproved you.

What do you mean it doesn't compare? You have no idea what compares and what doesn't. What's to say that the case we're talking about isn't more closely related to the one I posted as opposed to the Tommy Grass case. They were both cases where an ulp charge was filed because of supposed wrongful termination of a union supporter with different outcomes based on different facts. The same as this case has different facts. And its not the first time I posted a link that disproved you.

Man your a quick one both cases are public knowledge. The only thing the case you posted and the grass case have in common is that they filed ulp for wrongful termination because union activity. The details which you conveniently left out are vastly different between the two. If your going to take the time to debate at least put some effort into it.

Man your a quick one both cases are public knowledge. The only thing the case you posted and the grass case have in common is that they filed ulp for wrongful termination because union activity. The details which you conveniently left out are vastly different between the two. If your going to take the time to debate at least put some effort into it.

As usual you have missed the point and yet you continue to argue. We are not comparing the case I posted to the Grass case I realize they are vastly different. What I'm trying to point out is that the case we ARE talking about (that has yet to be filed by the way) we don't know the facts about. We only know what we've heard so it is possible that the case I posted is more relevant than the Grass case is. You're the one who needs to put some effort into this.

Reactions: Ump
As usual you have missed the point and yet you continue to argue. We are not comparing the case I posted to the Grass case I realize they are vastly different. What I'm trying to point out is that the case we ARE talking about (that has yet to be filed by the way) we don't know the facts about. We only know what we've heard so it is possible that the case I posted is more relevant than the Grass case is. You're the one who needs to put some effort into this.

Lol ok try again DD posted about Grass case then you posted your case. Now who knows what case your talking about nice backpedaling when proven wrong red had taught you well.

Lol ok try again DD posted about Grass case then you posted your case. Now who knows what case your talking about nice backpedaling when proven wrong red had taught you well.

No once again you're not keeping up. DD said that he's filing an ulp and Red said good luck, then DD said he didn't because he has case law on his side and posted a link to the Grass case. Then Swampy jumped in calling it an excellent post and then proceeded to post excerpts from the Grass case. I then posted another case which an ulp was filed for wrongful termination that ended with a different outcome in a futile attempt to show that every ulp doesn't have the same result. Let me try to explain this again try to keep up, WE DON'T KNOW THE FACTS OF DD's CASE SO WE DON'T KNOW WHICH ONE IS APPLICABLE!!! Just because he files a ulp doesn't mean he will have the same outcome as Grass. Is that that hard to understand? If you're having trouble I'll be glad to wait until Swampy pm's you so you can understand. I'm not backpedaling on anything I'm standing by what I said, its just that I'm in a battle of wits with an unarmed man.

No once again you're not keeping up. DD said that he's filing an ulp and Red said good luck, then DD said he didn't because he has case law on his side and posted a link to the Grass case. Then Swampy jumped in calling it an excellent post and then proceeded to post excerpts from the Grass case. I then posted another case which an ulp was filed for wrongful termination that ended with a different outcome in a futile attempt to show that every ulp doesn't have the same result. Let me try to explain this again try to keep up, WE DON'T KNOW THE FACTS OF DD's CASE SO WE DON'T KNOW WHICH ONE IS APPLICABLE!!! Just because he files a ulp doesn't mean he will have the same outcome as Grass. Is that that hard to understand? If you're having trouble I'll be glad to wait until Swampy pm's you so you can understand. I'm not backpedaling on anything I'm standing by what I said, its just that I'm in a battle of wits with an unarmed man.

No your the only one who is ignorant and tries to bring up a case that has nothing to do with either. You think your smart by pointing out all cases like this don't win do really think that anybody with an ounce of common sense didn't already know this?? Again your trying to point out stuff people already know, nobody needs to know the obvious genious. On another thought from what I've heard the facts of DD case aren't even close to the case you posted. Try again

No your the only one who is ignorant and tries to bring up a case that has nothing to do with either. You think your smart by pointing out all cases like this don't win do really think that anybody with an ounce of common sense didn't already know this?? Again your trying to point out stuff people already know, nobody needs to know the obvious genious. On another thought from what I've heard the facts of DD case aren't even close to the case you posted. Try again

Your a mental midget, you have heard one side of the case which is far from hearing the "facts" we'll see how it plays out years from now.

Your a mental midget, you have heard one side of the case which is far from hearing the "facts" we'll see how it plays out years from now.

Lol and your trying to compare a random case with random facts to DD case. You have no idea what happened on either side but again your pushing your chest out like you were there and know exactly what happened. It pathetic at best to try and compare the case you posted to either. We shall see what becomes of it.

Great minds think alike..."from what he's heard"...we all know there's three sides to every story, I'm certain he's only partially heard one side!!
Again, he's not the brightest bulb in the room!!