FedEx Freight | No respect.

Some coworkers think we are a bunch of babies because all we do is whine, cry and complain. Well let me tell you something, call it what you will. But if we didn't care, we wouldn't complain. They say: "this is just a job, take your check on Friday, be glad it doesn't bounce, and thank the Lord you got a job". Those who say that, don't give a damn!!!! Yes, I thank the Lord I/we have a job, but does it have to be this way??

PD, I think it's time for you to write a business plan, and take it to some venture capital firms. Explain that you and your friends whine not because you're immature and stupid like most people think, tell the money guys you whine because you know more about how to run a freight company than FedEx. Explain to them that you're going to hire away all the crybabies from FedEx and every other ltl carrier and run your own business model and kick fedex's ass!!!

I'm sure that in a mere few minutes they'll show you the door, and you'll no doubt walk out with at least a billion dollars in your pocket to start up "Drool Freightways". Heck, I've even got some catchy slogans for your consideration:

"You'll drool over our prices!" "Our drivers will cry on your shoulder all day long!" "We can whine with the best of them".

It's your destiny driver, start the next fedex! Cry all the way to the bank!!!

ST :tribehasspoken:

Satgur Singh Athwal, owner of an independent Fedex Ground trucking business based in Riverside Ca, was recently named Entrepreneur of the Year by the company. Out of about 10,000 small businesses that work with FedEx Ground, 89 businesses earned the entrepreneur of the year distinction from FedEx Ground, including Athwal FDS Inc.

Athwal’s company has grown from employing three drivers on two delivery routes earning annual revenue of $100,000 in 2009 to having 10 employees and five Inland routes with annual revenue exceeding $500,000.

That is the problem with this and other companies.

They are under the impression they have bought your soul and control your mind once you hit the payroll spreadsheet.

Once they dress you in a uniform your individuality is supposed to disappear and the employee is miraculously expected to seamlessly blend into the corporate genre.

OK...you provided me with pants and a shirt and I will wear themj per company policy. You want black shoes...I can do that too. Just don't ***** about what kind of 'black' shoes I decided to purchase.

Black is black. That is the end of it.

Belt???...Black???...OK, I am all in. Just don't complain about what kind of black belt I decide to purchase.

Belt buckle???...unless the company is buying it they can STFU about it.

These self righteous indignant 'leaders' think just because they are paying you a wage the 'own' you.

Well...here is my perspective...

I am 'leasing' my professional services to the company for an agreed upon price as outlined in my employment offer. Nowhere in said offer is it implied or documented that I am obligated to give up my individuality or automony for the benefit of either the company or its objectives.

I have agreed to certain guidelines as earlier described...but that is it.

You buy it...I will wear it.

Otherwise STFU!!!

Snapshot be damned!!!!

Rat

Damn it!!!!!!!!! VERY WELL SAID!!!!!!!!!!

Satgur Singh Athwal, owner of an independent Fedex Ground trucking business based in Riverside Ca, was recently named Entrepreneur of the Year by the company. Out of about 10,000 small businesses that work with FedEx Ground, 89 businesses earned the entrepreneur of the year distinction from FedEx Ground, including Athwal FDS Inc.

Athwal’s company has grown from employing three drivers on two delivery routes earning annual revenue of $100,000 in 2009 to having 10 employees and five Inland routes with annual revenue exceeding $500,000.

Here we go! Hindus take over 7Elevens, gas stations, Dunkin Donuts, Motel Chains... now they wanna become the next trucking companies. Guess I'll start cooking my meals with curry and Tikka Massala!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea at least they are using the correct name to go by. Funny a union man calling themselves the enemy. Its sad they are to dumb to go and look at the union company boards and see they are having the same problems and the union can't fix it there either. But hey a fool is born everyday.

Thank you for asking about my name. I was waiting for this. the enemy I speak of is with in ourselves and our company and its simple ingorance. Ingorance within ourselves and ingorance within our company. Our union will not be the enemy it will help stop the ingorance within our company.

I see you have your organizers on here as well. They are all over ours also. Saying negative, slanderous things.

Saying negative, slanderous things ? am I or am I speaking the truth ? I am far from an organizer. you could say I used to be all pro company now I am pro whats right. I am a voice for whats the truth. I don't need to organize what the company is doing onto themselves. I have yet to meet one person in real life that would vote no. sure a lot of people say it will never happen and i have to ask why ? are we really better off leaving our fate in the hands of some hot shot red shirt ? really ? think about it. I have

soon

the good thing about all this union talk is we will get to see what is about to happen to all of us soooon maybe even within a few weeks im excited to see whats going to happen and which stick the company will pick out to poke us in the eye with they would be better off to use sugar other then sticks i bet they choose to use sticks then GAME ON

HILLBILLY said:
We are not under railway act. FedEx express is though.

So thats false information stating that we cant organize one Center at a time? Thats good to know,your the first person to clarify that.

the good thing about all this union talk is we will get to see what is about to happen to all of us soooon maybe even within a few weeks im excited to see whats going to happen and which stick the company will pick out to poke us in the eye with they would be better off to use sugar other then sticks i bet they choose to use sticks then GAME ON

The Teamsters are going to help us? How? Like they have helped UPS Freight?

I will file an sexual harrassement suit if they ask me to rais e my shirt or trousers I might lose but hell I already lost all my other rights anyhow.

yrc

the union did not hurt yrc...yrc did it to there selfs by buying usf thats when things really started going down hill,now everyone wants to blame the union,its funny people who dont like the union always bring up yrc how about ups abf they are doing fine,when you buy a house you sign a contract when you buy a car once again you sign a contract why on earth wouldnt you want to sign a contract on how you are going to pay for those things,you can be fired for almost anything here right now i would like to have a little more security then that,just saying im not a big union thumper but i would like to have alittle more security then what we have crack a mirror around here or put a scratch on something and you worried you might be fired thats not good,

the union did not hurt yrc...yrc did it to there selfs by buying usf thats when things really started going down hill,now everyone wants to blame the union,its funny people who dont like the union always bring up yrc how about ups abf they are doing fine,when you buy a house you sign a contract when you buy a car once again you sign a contract why on earth wouldnt you want to sign a contract on how you are going to pay for those things,you can be fired for almost anything here right now i would like to have a little more security then that,just saying im not a big union thumper but i would like to have alittle more security then what we have crack a mirror around here or put a scratch on something and you worried you might be fired thats not good,

It's an amazing thing! the vast majority of LTL carriers that have failed during de-regulation have been union carriers. During that same time, non-union carriers have grown to become the industry leaders, yet somehow the union has no responsibility for this! It's always "bad management", which for some reason only exists at unionized carriers!!

I don't understand this, and I also don't understand why you're so worried about getting fired! What are you doing wrong??? I don't worry about being fired, I do my job; and last I checked, FedEx doesn't fire people for doing their job.

ST

But they do fire you for laying a back box over, unless you are from such-and-such or know so-and-so, then it's a letter.

They also fire you if you half jokingly tell another employee you're going to whip his ass and someone turns you in. That's OK though, just explain that you where just joking, they'll let you go back to work.

Guardrail

or if someone pushes you and you tell them hey not here after work then you also get fired.. ooops unless your from a small center out in Kansas somewhere where #3 guys got into a FIGHTand they got three days off. NO WAY DO WE NEED A UNION !!! Keep doing your job hope no one pushes you or your around at the wrong place at the wrong time. WE NEED TO STOP THIS NOW !!

or if someone pushes you and you tell them hey not here after work then you also get fired.. ooops unless your from a small center out in Kansas somewhere where #3 guys got into a FIGHTand they got three days off. NO WAY DO WE NEED A UNION !!! Keep doing your job hope no one pushes you or your around at the wrong place at the wrong time. WE NEED TO STOP THIS NOW !!

If it's really that terrible a place to work, then why do you stay??? ABF and YRC are still both in business....

ST