FedEx Freight | No respect.

It might have been a fustercluck,but not a failure.

Boy your right about the fustercluck. haha! Shew! Man I'm glad things are finally smoothing out now. It was hell there for a while.
But a failure? Your right again...nope. We're making a good profit and I bet O.R. is falling steady.

Boy your right about the fustercluck. haha! Shew! Man I'm glad things are finally smoothing out now. It was hell there for a while.
But a failure? Your right again...nope. We're making a good profit and I bet O.R. is falling steady.

It's important to remember that some folks are rooting against all things FedEx, and refuse to accept that the merger is working and we're on track to kick some booty! Look at that moron "enemywithin" who freely admits playing both sides. Obviously doesn't care about either one!!!

ST

fired

You don't know the half of it....

What you are referring to in commonly known as 'situational ethics'...

Most refer to as BS.

I have been around for awhile...never before have I seen a company so willing to fire someone over little or nothing and then tell another accused of the same infraction to just say 'sorry' and all is good once more.

I don't get it.

Rat
I saw a driver fired at kcy for a medical condition cuz he could not work the dock in 17 below weather {lungs} ya people first right..........thats just one case im sure there is many more.............thats not job security i hopw that driver gets everything thats coming to him,thats just not right

Last edited by a moderator:
Names please???...

Rat[/QUOTE WELL LET ME ASK U THIS.....WHY DO THEY HAVE A DOUBLE HUB OPERATION IN MOST CITIES....ATL...DAL...KCY..MEM..HOU.AND SO ON. ISN'T ONE CONSIDERED A "ECONOMY" AND " PRIORITY" HUB? I'M NOT SAYING WE LOST A TON OF CUSTOMERS DUE TO THE MERGER BUT WE'VE LOST QUITE A FEW. BUT IN TURN DUE TO THE MERGER WE'VE GAIN ALOT OF FREIGHT FROM WHAT IS NO LONGER CALLED "NATIONAL LTL". SO I DON'T KNOW IF U RUN INTO A "ECONOMY" OR "PRIORITY" HUB.....BUT THE "ECONOMY" SEEMS TO BE ALWAYS THE BUSIEST OF COURSE.....BUT THEY STILL CLAIM THAT WE HAVE MORE "PRIORITY/NEXT DAY FREIGHT" THAN " ECONOMY" FREIGHT.....I'M JUST SAYING.....

To begin with...a hub can only be so large and still remain efficient.

300 doors give or take is about as large as a company can go and still maintain any semblance of efficiency. I know there are larger facilties than this, but at some point the ability to move freight in a manner conducive to the operation is compromised by the size of the operation.

For this reason many metropolitan areas have hubs in close proximity to one another.

It is true for many hubs to be separated into 'priority' and 'economy'...and it needs to be so.

Economy freight and the logistics it implies is 180 degrees from 'priority' freight.

It is a discounted tariff permitting shippers with varying degrees of needs to reliquish the requisites of the 'priority' genre and instead utilize the benefits and pricing of elongated shipping times...this also allows the company to provide a service tailored to specific shippers.

We need to eliminate (or at least get the appropriate revenue) from shippers who are using our services for freight that is otherwise not LTL friendly.

For too long shippers have had the priviledge of playing one carrier against the other...basically saying "Well...I can get my freight serviced by XYZ company at this rate...which is less than yours"...and the shippers were very good at this based on the past economic environment.

Due in large part to the over capacity of the LTL market carriers were willing to play the rate game to get freight on their trailers at any cost.

These days are now over.

Time to pony up or shut up.

Yes Mr. Shipper...we will haul your freight...and we will make a profit doing so. If you are not willing to ascribe to this business agreement...then perhaps you should seek alternate means to mover your product.

Rat

Wow. Earthquakes in the tornado belt and a positive and extremely well thought out post from Rat........I'm getting skeered people

It's important to remember that some folks are rooting against all things FedEx, and refuse to accept that the merger is working and we're on track to kick some booty! Look at that moron "enemywithin" who freely admits playing both sides. Obviously doesn't care about either one!!!

ST

Why Ike whatever do you mean ? playing both sides ? well I'm sorry you feel this way. I can assure you I'm on the side of whats fair and right. it is completely up to you what side you see me on

enemywithin said:
Why Ike whatever do you mean ? playing both sides ? well I'm sorry you feel this way. I can assure you I'm on the side of whats fair and right. it is completely up to you what side you see me on

Tombstone !

Well I read all 8 pages of info and came up with this conclusion. viking and af where good companies to work for then we where bought out by mr. smith. he then thought it would be a good thing to try and improve are services. Some worked and a lot has not. I sure wish that he would see that a lot of employes still stand with him in wanting to be the best LTL carrier out there. But at what cost? We r now just a number and can be let go at the drop of a hat. they train new drivers with no experience turn them loose and then wonder why they have trucks in the ditch most of the time in the winter when they need extra help. I do understand its all about money and its cheaper to put some one in a truck for 48 cents a mile and less vacation time then a more qualified driver. But when you loose a truck and trailer and freight and maybe a life or two when does that justify the savings. As for the snap shop I can see how they want ever terminal to run the same but when you have scm's that beat to their own drum and regional managers that cover things up do to the good old boy system it will never change. As for Central Line they have a job to do just like us and can be kicked to the curb for thinking outside the box. The big picture is they have bosses too that then have to report to a higher authority. So it then goes on to a few people that for what ever reason have the final say. Most of the time those people don't see the whole picture and make their decision based on not understanding what exactly is the problems. So until they start talking to the people who do the work have ideas that might help make this a better place to work again. Treat us like we really matter. We will always be in this same situation. Just my thoughts. Sorry if I rambled on. Just wishing they would care a little more about the whole thing.