TForce | Now a national contract?

And where pray-tell have you heard this news from.:biglaugh:

Skeeter, Gods honest truth, We had a official NLRB memo posted in the break room by our TM stating this. It's National Contract time!!! This is starting to read like a best novel, I pray it has a good ending and we live happily ever after.

Just follow the rules and bite your tongue. The end is near! Has your terminal signed the cards ?

YES we signed Feb 2 ground hog day I guess our TM saw his shadow and we get six weeks of hell. the problem is denver all the old MC guys signed and to be fair some O guys joind them. there TM is the only one fighting this he painted lines out on the street. has his henchmen taking names of drivers who talk to the union. has his anti union board up. will not give the teamsters a list or count of employees and so on. So if you see any denver drivers support them yes or no lets just make it fair like the rest of the terminals:smilie_132:

YES we signed Feb 2 ground hog day I guess our TM saw his shadow and we get six weeks of hell. the problem is denver all the old MC guys signed and to be fair some O guys joind them. there TM is the only one fighting this he painted lines out on the street. has his henchmen taking names of drivers who talk to the union. has his anti union board up. will not give the teamsters a list or count of employees and so on. So if you see any denver drivers support them yes or no lets just make it fair like the rest of the terminals:smilie_132:

You are just going to have to tough it out. Make your own lists and take notes of everything that the Tm does, his time is coming. He will either go along or get gone. I love these one man recking crews, they think they are going to stop the union? what a joke.:biglaugh:

your 401k perofrms based on the stocks/mutual funds that are in it, which you choose, Everyone has the choice to put it in bonds and cd's which are guaranteed returns, it all comes down to the amount of risk your willing to take. The majority of mine is in YRC.

O, You are wasting your time here. Most on here do not understand the concept of compounding and will argue with you forever.

Unless you are a licensed financial professional, I would keep the suggestions to yourself. Everyones financial portfolio differs on a case by case basis.

If O takes your suggestion here, then I suggest this. Unless you are Jame P. Hoffa, I suggest you keep any suggestions about a contract to yourself. Your kind of mentality here would shut the UPGF section of this forum down.

O, You are wasting your time here. Most on here do not understand the concept of compounding and will argue with you forever.

Coumpounding interest has nothing to do with the fact that many don't care if the 401k match goes away. You can still have a 401k, you just won't recieve a 3-1/2% match. I know that many an:butt kiss: who don't feel the need for a union are reeling from this trade off. Don't worry, you can still :butt kiss: it just won't be of much value anymore. Except for the enjoyment of tossing the TM's salad!:eck15:

Elvis noone is suggesting giving up the pension or tradiing it for the 401k match, we want both.

Can you tell me the formula of our pension and how much you will be getting, if not how can you say it is better than a 401k?

Overnite don't you know the formula. It is in the benefit package. I can figure out mine to the penny.

Has anyone notice that at the end of the NMFA on 4/1//2013 that it will pay $.82 less than the raise the INDY UPSF will get on 7/1/2013.....that doesn't look sub-standard to me!......KK

Is that before they deduct the 150.00 a month for medical or after.
That makes it pretty sub-par to me next to the NMFA.
:1036316054:

Skeeter, Gods honest truth, We had a official NLRB memo posted in the break room by our TM stating this. It's National Contract time!!! This is starting to read like a best novel, I pray it has a good ending and we live happily ever after.

Well, IF that is true then it might very well be a good thing for all of us. Not only will it speed things up but with a national vote we should have a bigger voice and more power behind us if we stick together and not accept the crappy contract Indy did.

Maybe even Indy's contract can be amended.
I don't think UPS wants union unrest with UPSF. Very bad for business...:1036316054:

If O takes your suggestion here, then I suggest this. Unless you are Jame P. Hoffa, I suggest you keep any suggestions about a contract to yourself. Your kind of mentality here would shut the UPGF section of this forum down.

Did I suggest anything? Other than the fact that only licensed professionals should give that kinda of advice. Ohhh I seem to have forgotten, uncle O is always right. It is nice to see O has groupies now. Maybe you could start your own little debating forum??? That would be cute.

Enlighten everyone, let us in on the secrets of compound interest? Start with something basic though, like the "rule of 72" so us idiots can follow......

Well, IF that is true then it might very well be a good thing for all of us. Not only will it speed things up but with a national vote we should have a bigger voice and more power behind us if we stick together and not accept the crappy contract Indy did.

Maybe even Indy's contract can be amended.
I don't think UPS wants union unrest with UPSF. Very bad for business...:1036316054:

I got a feeling that we will get a revised Indy contract for a National contract. Not much more than what is in the Indy contract. I also think that this national contract will have No supplements or riders for any region. In other words, The Indy contract with some corrections for everyone and thats it.

1. The 401 match is dead,deceased,extinct, something like the dodo...a neat little part of history that will NEVER walk this world again. There is NO financial gain at all, i.e. deduction,tax credit or write off that will benefit UPS's bottom line by providing this.It was a nice thing we had in the past provide by a company and a mindset that NO LONGER EXISTS!!! 2.The idea of a national contract has an odor of a sellout to it simply by the idea that the union can get a slighly improved version of the Indy contract passed quickly by using the same herd mentality that got the ndy deal done with only one dissenting vote. New England was prepared and united to go to the table hard and secure a better deal to set the table for the rest of the country...I just hope that when the deal is put on the table we ALL take the time to read and understand what they are voting for and that they DO have the rightand the need to send the negotiators back to the table again as often as it takes to get the deal WE want, notwhat the company wants or what the locals are willing to take as a ''this is just the first contract, the next one will be better'' type attitude.STAND FIRM

100% AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a very good idea, especially for those of us with reservations about the Indy contract. Maybe we can get free insurance, or a little more money with almost 8k having turned their cards in. I know they will still not match 401k though...

You have not heard??? They are not matching your 401k now. And we don't even have a contract yet.

Overnite don't you know the formula. It is in the benefit package. I can figure out mine to the penny.

were changing pension plans once the contract starts.

Has anyone notice that at the end of the NMFA on 4/1//2013 that it will pay $.82 less than the raise the INDY UPSF will get on 7/1/2013.....that doesn't look sub-standard to me!......KK

Kennesaw our contract has no delay pay or protections for road drivers or limits on subcontractors/ independant drivers?

Unless you are a licensed financial professional, I would keep the suggestions to yourself. Everyones financial portfolio differs on a case by case basis.

What are you talking about? What advice did I give?

What are you trying to say? Only you and Overnite understand compounding interest? How condescending are you? The 401k was introduced to the workforce as a lame alternative to the multi employer pension fund. This fund enabled workers to move to other Teamster companies, with their vested time, and keep accumulating years vested. Talk to posters like mustache who are drawing about a grand a week. Your argument is lame. Talk to people who thought they were going to retire with a nice fat 401k portfolio. Only to see it tank as of late. The 401k match alternative is nothing more than smoking mirrors. It's the biggest slap in the face to the working men and women of America since deregulation of the trucking industry. Thanks Jimmy Carter and Ronald Regan. Both sides of the aisle by the way. We are in a war with corporate America people. Wake up! Elvis so pissed he's slobbering on himself....

What are you trying to say? Only you and Overnite understand compounding interest? How condescending are you? The 401k was introduced to the workforce as a lame alternative to the multi employer pension fund. This fund enabled workers to move to other Teamster companies, with their vested time, and keep accumulating years vested. Talk to posters like mustache who are drawing about a grand a week. Your argument is lame. Talk to people who thought they were going to retire with a nice fat 401k portfolio. Only to see it tank as of late. The 401k match alternative is nothing more than smoking mirrors. It's the biggest slap in the face to the working men and women of America since deregulation of the trucking industry. Thanks Jimmy Carter and Ronald Regan. Both sides of the aisle by the way. We are in a war with corporate America people. Wake up! Elvis so pissed he's slobbering on himself....

Elvis,
There are funds out there still making money. All the financial news is not gloom and doom. You can make money in the market right now, and with the match that most companies give generally 50% of the first 5-6%, I don't care if you know about, understand, interest or how it works or not, that sir is like found money, and you should not leave it on the table.
As far as the 401K being a "slap in the face to the working men and women of America", maybe you should consult the thousands of those types (myself included) that made tons of money in the 80's and 90's when the market was smokin. Should you just park your money somewhere and let it ride ie ENRON? Nope you gotta pay attrention to what is going on. But of course that would mean thinking for yourself or getting some advice on this matter. Sad fact most people in America spend more time planning their yearly vacations than they do planning for their retirement.
Take Care
Be safe