Central Transport | Organize!!!

R

rezinagro

No more whining, gossiping, ratting on each other, making excuses, waiting, listening to rumors, or mourning. UNITE AND ORGANIZE! Or as a wise man once said, "Is it the height of your ambition to be a good and willing slave?"

I see what your saying but unless we are on the master freight contract its not worth it! They would just shut the whole USA down why do you think yrc is so broke.

I see what your saying but unless we are on the master freight contract its not worth it! They would just shut the whole USA down why do you think yrc is so broke.

YRC is broke because we had a **** poor CEO that put us into to much debt because he wanted to own every trucking company in North America now like the man said, stop whining and organize

Well no your "union" company put my five years with usf down the drain so stick your union up your a&#! You didn't have a problem with zollers bying all those companys when it was happening you where all bragging "yrc is the biggest trucking company in the world" look how good the union did for usf in Texas ,ok,ks,nm. The union cost them sooooo much money made everyone lazy and they SHUT IT DOWN!

Well no your "union" company put my five years with usf down the drain so stick your union up your a&#! You didn't have a problem with zollers bying all those companys when it was happening you where all bragging "yrc is the biggest trucking company in the world" look how good the union did for usf in Texas ,ok,ks,nm. The union cost them sooooo much money made everyone lazy and they SHUT IT DOWN!

I think someone needs a hug.

Not by the union that's for sure. If you get one by them make sure you still have your wallet before they walk away!

unionize a broke company? in order to get a union they (vitran) has to agree to a contract, which of course will never happen, they will just shut down your terminal and relocate your freight somewhere else, or just take that zip code off the list of service areas. i for one will not organize, maybe in a few years if this company gets back on it's feet, but not before, that would be the last rights before having the heart attack just yet

The union is not what this company needs. The most important word, is what the the company "needed". The most successful carriers today are union free, CNFY, FXF, ODFL,SAIA, Estes, AAAC, SEFL, Wilson, Averitt, Pitt Ohio, etc.. What Vitran needed is leadership 12 years ago with a "vision" and an understanding of the US LTL market. However, what we have, is a leader that thought he could grab a passport, step across the great lakes, purchase a combination of carriers losing money, and merge them into a FXF, CNFY, SEFL, AAAC, and all of the other fore-mentioned carriers. I am pleased that the USA has one industry that we have mastered, trucking.

Its not over yet....Chris Keylon is smart...Thats why that Dumb Azz hired him....Past presidents did not do their job....They should have intergrated these companies years ago....Now Chris has to try and straighten out their neglect....They made money because they didn't invest and innovate with scanners and such....Its not over....I know we differ....LTL......but it is not over. And BTW the union talk is about as stupid as it gets.

Learn what your rights are. Learn what the company REALLY can or can't do. You can read the entire labor act on the NLRB website if you want to. Call a Board Agent and ask questions. EDUCATE YOURSELVES. Most of what people think and say on here is ridiculous. Or you can just keep talking yourselves out of it, never do your homework, and keep believing whatever the naysayers and management tell you.

Learn what your rights are. Learn what the company REALLY can or can't do. You can read the entire labor act on the NLRB website if you want to. Call a Board Agent and ask questions. EDUCATE YOURSELVES. Most of what people think and say on here is ridiculous. Or you can just keep talking yourselves out of it, never do your homework, and keep believing whatever the naysayers and management tell you.
I know my rights from the Labor act.....To the EEOC.....If this company fires me they better have their ducks in a row...Management knows the weak leaks....And the ones they would be better off to leave alone.

Texas has always been a right to work state for as long as I can remember. It doesn't really change much. As far as all these people blaming the union for YRC and their demise it's simply not true. Being poorly managed brought down that company, and buying USF. And although ABF has its share of problem's (just look at their threads) they have made good money. The Union's serve their purpose, just wouldn't work here. The UAW and all the big one's help the little man against these big corporation's. Which have always used intimidation to bully their employee's. Look at teacher's unions. Please stop trying to blame the union's for management's mistakes.

Well, if they break the employment laws with me, i will get much richer with a court battle than working for any union.

i do not like to point fingers and tell people to shut up and leave, but trying to upset our forum with union BS is not wanted. vitran go union?????? here is my two weeks and i want my vacation and pto pay to boot.

Like the union could control what Zollars spent.

There is a time and a place for the union and that time is gone. The union companys are dying off only the big ones are left yrc,abf,ups. They don't have the pull they once did. Not for vitran that's for sure. Sad but true!

There is a time and a place for the union and that time is gone. The union companys are dying off only the big ones are left yrc,abf,ups. They don't have the pull they once did. Not for vitran that's for sure. Sad but true!

The fact is unions are needed now more than they have been needed in quite a long time. Without the counter balance of American workers joining together in unions, the middle class withers away because the economy and politics tend to be dominated by the rich and powerful. This leads to an even greater flow of money in our economy going to the very top of the income scale. Union members (for the most part) know that American workers standing together can reduce this inequality. It requires people to wake up and stand up for their legal,democratic, and fundamental rights to organize and bargain collectively. You want a better economy which would of course mean more freight? We have to restore the middle class.......