FedEx Freight | Our Deeply FLawed Pay Scales (GPD)

Worth mentioning - further proof - the current internal career opportunities list shows literally DOZENS of incentivised transfers available. DOZENS! All for class A drivers.

Tells me they are NOT attracting suitable applicants. Anyone wonder why?

:smilie93c peelout:
My center has a position on that list, and we're with the pack in my area.

But its a hard sell when you tell someone they're gonna drive that forklift more than the truck. Usually the norm anymore is if its a outside applicant after they go through the interview and all and they hear the dock portion they turn it down. Our TM is already planning on opening it as a DDC position eventually.

My center has a position on that list, and we're with the pack in my area.

But its a hard sell when you tell someone they're gonna drive that forklift more than the truck. Usually the norm anymore is if its an outside applicant after they go through the interview and all and they hear the dock portion they turn it down. Our TM is already planning on opening it as a DDC position eventually.
Yep same story at our center. They run fast and far

See?? I’m not the only lazy furlough guy on here….
I get ya Big D. we can only take so much abuse and every day home is a day added to our life. No trailer doors hitting us in our back or scummy customers doors that come down on your back and think it's funny. Did you not see the 2 X 4 to hold up the electric door that just smashed your back ? People just don't know the physical and mental abuse we take from trash customers and management Mr. Raj Subramaniam - not to mention how people drive on the road & city ! They never did what we did or told you scrum bag truck driver can't use our restroom , stand in this cage as we unload your truck , you can hold it until you go in and get another trailer in 8 hours as some shirt bag goes home because he can only work 8 hours EAK ! you just got to take a pee after 9 hours and are going back out empty. You're TM is home getting his dinner since his wife hates him as much as you.....

Rant over , judge me.....
Then go to hell with me , I'll be your boss.
SMOKESTACK - not TB's owner. Only my thoughts for this day.

I get ya Big D. we can only take so much abuse and every day home is a day added to our life. No trailer doors hitting us in our back or scummy customers doors that come down on your back and think it's funny. Did you not see the 2 X 4 to hold up the electric door that just smashed your back ? People just don't know the physical and mental abuse we take from trash customers and management Mr. Raj Subramaniam - not to mention how people drive on the road & city ! They never did what we did or told you scrum bag truck driver can't use our restroom , stand in this cage as we unload your truck , you can hold it until you go in and get another trailer in 8 hours as some shirt bag goes home because he can only work 8 hours EAK ! you just got to take a **** after 9 hours and are going back out empty. You're TM is home getting his dinner since his his wife hates him as much as you.....

Rant over , judge me.....
Then go to hell with me , I'll be your boss.
SMOKESTACK - not TB's owner. Only my thoughts for this day.
well spoken!

1st I've ever heard about an incentivised transfer list. Of course I haven't been to the terminal in almost a year.

I don't think that would be a good idea for anyone to pack up and move imo. This nit wit we have as president has got us headed for WWIII the economy is on the brink of collapse because this country is pretty much bankrupt. No way I'm moving anywhere to start back on the bottom and be the first one in soup kitchen line when the economy gets worse than it already is. I guess it wouldn't matter if your already on bottom.

I don't think that would be a good idea for anyone to pack up and move imo. This nit wit we have as president has got us headed for WWIII the economy is on the brink of collapse because this country is pretty much bankrupt. No way I'm moving anywhere to start back on the bottom and be the first one in soup kitchen line when the economy gets worse than it already is. I guess it wouldn't matter if your already on bottom.
Not so fast... Your company seniority does go with you when transferring. Yeah, you'll definitely be at the bottom, but may be among the last to layoff.

If $10k is actually the incentive (mentioned previously), it might be worth it. Especially if you are about to walk, retire, or whatever.

Not so fast... Your company seniority does go with you when transferring. Yeah, you'll definitely be at the bottom, but may be among the last to layoff.

If $10k is actually the incentive (mentioned previously), it might be worth it. Especially if you are about to walk, retire, or whatever.

That is true about seniority, but swamp you know as well as I do, this company doesn't lay off they starve out.

Christmas bump for us peasants stuck at bottom gpd.
Remember when Hickory got the bump ahead of many others? We exposed suspicious the nature of that, at the time.

Now this:

The List: Most Affordable Places to Live in the U.S., Per Experts
1. Hickory, North Carolina

Last edited:
Remember when Hickory got the bump ahead of many others? We exposed suspicious the nature of that, at the time.

Now this:

The Florida folks continue to get screwed. They won't raise our pay scale here. Good luck finding a house under $400k. Homeowners insurance of at least $5000 per year. Car insurance is outrageous also.

Now this:

That's a nice area also. Couldn't see them having trouble finding people there, but it's hard to say.

The EOL terminal 80ish miles away from our hub has a lower cost of living as well also got the bump and we didn’t. When that was brought to their attention they changed strategies and began stating the terminal got the bump over the hub due to lack of interest in open positions and turnover. They then over hired and now have half their board sitting at home every day. Meanwhile, our city operation doesn’t have enough drivers to deliver the freight and we’ve had drivers leave in droves to Estes and other trucking companies over the last year or so.

Someone must have had a brother-in-law working at that terminal. lol

Last edited: