TForce | Pay for going to class ???????

UPS Teamster

Goodbye Middle Class
Credits
How are the road drivers getting paid for going to driving school.In Dal we are getting strait time is this correct you lose about 1000.00 in the 3 days any input appreciated .

How are the road drivers getting paid for going to driving school.In Dal we are getting strait time is this correct you lose about 1000.00 in the 3 days any input appreciated .

Yes, But it will pay off in the long run when you become a better and safer driver. :hysterical: :funky:

Whats this drivers school?
I thought all the UPS Freight training was to be in house with us safety trainers,at each terminal?

Whats this drivers school?
I thought all the UPS Freight training was to be in house with us safety trainers,at each terminal?

Excuse me what are you guys getting paid for the in house training by the UPS certified trainers at each terminal I have heard conflicting stories

Excuse me what are you guys getting paid for the in house training by the UPS certified trainers at each terminal I have heard conflicting stories

First of all I am the best driver I have ever seen. And where is this driving school? Is it something UPSF has put into effect? And how can I join?

I was asking A serious quistion Its all fun and games till your paycheck is a few hundred short I was hearing differnt stories about getting a average or somthing like that does anybody thats been have any real info

As trainers you are paid what your run would be if you ran it. So if you made 1500.00 a week and you trained 8 hours a day 5 days a week you would still get the 1500.00 that your road run paid.

As far a road and team drivers all I can say is the way our terminal did it was on their day off so they didn't loose money. If anything they made a little extra coming in on their day off and being on the clock.

I hope that explains it good enough. Like I said that is the way our terminal did it. We have everyone done now.

As trainers you are paid what your run would be if you ran it. So if you made 1500.00 a week and you trained 8 hours a day 5 days a week you would still get the 1500.00 that your road run paid.

As far a road and team drivers all I can say is the way our terminal did it was on their day off so they didn't loose money. If anything they made a little extra coming in on their day off and being on the clock.

I hope that explains it good enough. Like I said that is the way our terminal did it. We have everyone done now.

Thanks for the reply as far as our location (dal) they are making us miss 3 days of work and paying regular time and you know how that adds up on payday

I was asking A serious quistion Its all fun and games till your paycheck is a few hundred short I was hearing differnt stories about getting a average or somthing like that does anybody thats been have any real info

Well it's a good thing I don't live paycheck to paycheck. If they pay me hourly for the training, their paying me to be there. I don't see it as being a short paycheck if you got paid for the work preformed.

If a trainer needs to ride with me, (certify) Then he will have to run the night shift. I run a schedule 5 nights a week. My body is used to working nights and sleeping days. I can not come in to work during the day when I should be sleeping. This would be a safety issue and we can't have that.

Ok BusterNite just please don't have any chargable accidents.
I work out of one of the smaller terminals.
So I'm the only safety trainer.
I have to do a one day,or night ride along to observe driving habits,and write out my opinion,and recomendations if needed,for anyone who has a preventable accident.

I've had to do this once so far with a city driver.
I really hope all of our road drivers remain safe,so I won't have to go out with one of them.

Ok BusterNite just please don't have any chargable accidents.
I work out of one of the smaller terminals.
So I'm the only safety trainer.
I have to do a one day,or night ride along to observe driving habits,and write out my opinion,and recomendations if needed,for anyone who has a preventable accident.

I've had to do this once so far with a city driver.
I really hope all of our road drivers remain safe,so I won't have to go out with one of them.

Well, You know Apo. I am very lucky. All my years with this company I have had not one chargeable accident or violation. Im coming up on two million miles accident free. The sad part of it all, I know its just a matter of luck getting down the highway every night with out being involved in some kind of accident with the total lack of courtesy towards big trucks. Not knowlage, I believe that most automobile drivers know the risks driving around big trucks. But its that I don't care attitude because I got some where to go and its not going to happen to me anyways attitude that makes it almost impossible to get from point A to point B with out almost killing some one. Close calls, almost every night. I don't care how good of a truck driver you are. Sooner or later that one split second is gonna get ya.

I've got to disagree with you on the 4 wheelers that are on the road with us BusterNite.
I don't think they have a bad attitude as much as they just don't have a clue of what we are driving,and what we can,and can't do with our rigs.
People that have never driven any kind of a truck,just can't relate that we can't possibly stop as fast as they can with their smaller vehicles.
Also the biggest thing is they don't pay attention when they are driving.
They are messing around with other things.
Cell phone conversations,reading something.
Yakking with people with them,changing stations on their radios.
You may not be able to see them doing all of this at night?
But I see them during the day doing all of this and more.
Most 4 wheeler drivers just have no clue who is driving around them,and some times with their sudden dumb moves its like they aren't sure where they are?

Now as far as luck,for myself I believe in God who is always watching out for me.
I keep in touch with him every day to remind him,that I'm helpless without him.
Ive seen way to many things over these many years of driving to chalk it up to dumb luck.

I'm not slamming you in anyway BusterNite.
I'm just giving you my opinion as a post reply to your post.
I just want to make that very clear my UPS Freight co-worker,and truckingboard friend.

Well, You know Apo. I am very lucky. All my years with this company I have had not one chargeable accident or violation. Im coming up on two million miles accident free. The sad part of it all, I know its just a matter of luck getting down the highway every night with out being involved in some kind of accident with the total lack of courtesy towards big trucks. Not knowlage, I believe that most automobile drivers know the risks driving around big trucks. But its that I don't care attitude because I got some where to go and its not going to happen to me anyways attitude that makes it almost impossible to get from point A to point B with out almost killing some one. Close calls, almost every night. I don't care how good of a truck driver you are. Sooner or later that one split second is gonna get ya.

I agree with you 100%, complete lack of courtesy. It's amazing to me there are not more accidents.

JDtex are you going to school to become a trainer, or are you talking about a check ride with an already certified trainer?

T251
It was a three day smith traning class for drivers I have no interest in being a trainer. And to Steve I really wasnt asking for acommentary for you to pat yourself on the back about how good you live Beleve it or not some people that dont live paycheck to paycheck still like to be able to count on a full check every week And all I was doing was asking for imformation BUt ill go back to just stopping in and reading So the click can run the board bye bye

T251
It was a three day smith traning class for drivers I have no interest in being a trainer. And to Steve I really wasnt asking for acommentary for you to pat yourself on the back about how good you live Beleve it or not some people that dont live paycheck to paycheck still like to be able to count on a full check every week And all I was doing was asking for imformation BUt ill go back to just stopping in and reading So the click can run the board bye bye

No one was patting themself on the back there, chief.

And if one statement is going to scare you away, you are a little too sensitive.

Again, how would you be short on a check if they paid you for your time? If you want to talk about decreased pay, You should talk to some of the old MC employees about loosing pay and miles. You are talking about 3 days, try months at a time of not getting what you are used to getting. Or if you are only going to read now, just go back into the archives, there is plenty on this subject and you will see that we were called whiners by a few.

You'll find some of us joke around and I am a smart a** by nature, just let it roll off your back.