TForce | Pay for going to class ???????

You know jdtex I'm not sure but most of us new UPS Freight safety trainers didn't want any part in this UPS safety program.
None of us get any more pay than any of our co-workers,yet we have a lot more responsibility to keep all of our co-workers up to date on safety issues.

I know myself I went to this training pitching a major fit.
But now that I'm used to being a safety trainer its not to bad.

UPS is a very demanding company that we are all finding out little by little.

I guess its like anything we do in life,if we really can't put up with how our company runs their operation.
we are all free to go to some other company we may be happier at.

You know jdtex I'm not sure but most of us new UPS Freight safety trainers didn't want any part in this UPS safety program.
None of us get any more pay than any of our co-workers,yet we have a lot more responsibility to keep all of our co-workers up to date on safety issues.

I guess its like anything we do in life,if we really can't put up with how our company runs their operation.

That's true AP. But I have heard they might be looking into some kind of pay incentive for the trainers. If not then there will probably be a very high degree of burn out.
Me for one...

No one was patting themself on the back there, chief.

And if one statement is going to scare you away, you are a little too sensitive.

Again, how would you be short on a check if they paid you for your time? If you want to talk about decreased pay, You should talk to some of the old MC employees about loosing pay and miles. You are talking about 3 days, try months at a time of not getting what you are used to getting. Or if you are only going to read now, just go back into the archives, there is plenty on this subject and you will see that we were called whiners by a few.

You'll find some of us joke around and I am a smart a** by nature, just let it roll off your back.

That's right Steve. Now he should come away after reading your post not feeling so bad. There is always someone somewhere a little worse off or been stepped on a little harder. Good Post...

My terminals outbound supervisor was a former UPS supervisor.
He was telling me all of the UPS safety trainers are supervisors with college degrees.

Well you know this really made me feel important seeing I'm an old city driving freight hauler, with just bearly completing the seventh grade.

Now here I am a UPS Freight safety trainer.
WOW now I say thats really something.

I do feel very blessed to be able to work here for the little formal education I have.

I want to say thank God for allowing me to be grandfathered into the UPS family of global companies.

I see here the old saying holds true.

Experience is still the best teacher.

As trainers you are paid what your run would be if you ran it. So if you made 1500.00 a week and you trained 8 hours a day 5 days a week you would still get the 1500.00 that your road run paid.

As far a road and team drivers all I can say is the way our terminal did it was on their day off so they didn't loose money. If anything they made a little extra coming in on their day off and being on the clock.

I hope that explains it good enough. Like I said that is the way our terminal did it. We have everyone done now.

I asked this question in SLC when I took the trainers class....It sounded like they would be compensated for what ever time they spent.....Like last night I did a ride along and I did the class right before his run and then rode with him on his run.....And we DO NOT train on the week ends.....This is per Grady B., If you have questions P.M me and I will float you a number.....

If a trainer needs to ride with me, (certify) Then he will have to run the night shift. I run a schedule 5 nights a week. My body is used to working nights and sleeping days. I can not come in to work during the day when I should be sleeping. This would be a safety issue and we can't have that.

I'll train ya!!!! I aint scared of the dark...... Did my first one last night in the snow and that passenger seat just don't give you the same pucker factor effect.....

No one was patting themself on the back there, chief.

And if one statement is going to scare you away, you are a little too sensitive.

Again, how would you be short on a check if they paid you for your time? If you want to talk about decreased pay, You should talk to some of the old MC employees about loosing pay and miles. You are talking about 3 days, try months at a time of not getting what you are used to getting. Or if you are only going to read now, just go back into the archives, there is plenty on this subject and you will see that we were called whiners by a few.

You'll find some of us joke around and I am a smart a** by nature, just let it roll off your back.

You LOUSY B!TCH:nutkick: ...There you go ruining a perfrctly good relationship!!!!!!!:nutkick: So you are the reason no one stays and plays?????? :nutkick: LOL.

T251
It was a three day smith traning class for drivers I have no interest in being a trainer. And to Steve I really wasnt asking for acommentary for you to pat yourself on the back about how good you live Beleve it or not some people that dont live paycheck to paycheck still like to be able to count on a full check every week And all I was doing was asking for imformation BUt ill go back to just stopping in and reading So the click can run the board bye bye

Dude you are only an outcast by choice....Or you just jump in and tell everyone there stupid and start the friendship out right......The more opinions we have the better.....Besides listening to all the same b!tchin all the time get old......STAY, PLAY and enjoy!!!!

I was asking A serious quistion Its all fun and games till your paycheck is a few hundred short I was hearing differnt stories about getting a average or somthing like that does anybody thats been have any real info

You do not lose any money while you are in class.you get paid for being in class plus you get the differents between what you make on your run and what you make sitting in class......................

Safety school

What does UPSF teach in the three day driver safety classes that takes three eight hour days to learn? What goes on in the classes?

For what it's worth..........I work for UPS and when I went into feeders several years ago I already had my CDL, but I still had to go through their training class. They spend 5 days with you, during the week and you don't get paid anything. They tell you that you are getting all this training to drive a truck for free, that is how they justify it, I guess! They are probably training teh UPSF drivers under the same company guidelines they train us under, so when you have a wreck they can say, that is not how we taught you to do it!!!

For what it's worth..........I work for UPS and when I went into feeders several years ago I already had my CDL, but I still had to go through their training class. They spend 5 days with you, during the week and you don't get paid anything. They tell you that you are getting all this training to drive a truck for free, that is how they justify it, I guess! They are probably training teh UPSF drivers under the same company guidelines they train us under, so when you have a wreck they can say, that is not how we taught you to do it!!!

Sure, I think everyone realizes its a insurance thing.:1036316054:

First of all I am not mad Iam not scared CHEIF I simply ask a quistion to which I have gotten at least 3 differt answers to from managment I thought I would ask here and got every thing but an answer no big deal Im not going anywhere I just dont post alot I read alot and bye the way Steve I remember when you started posting here so ive been here for a little while I just wanted to get an answer before the thread went offtrack like this one already has it had nothing to do with the raw deal you or anyone else got from O or U sounds like you are the one that mabe a little sensitive no harm no foul we are all in this together now like it or not .

Apo. I have spoken face to face with members of the Safety Commitee For UPS (parcel) They get paid for being a member of the safety program. I guess there safety program is different than our safety program. Personally, I think the difference is between real and not real safety between parcel & freight.

Apo. For some reason I can't qoute a reply to your post#17 It just kicks me off. But anyways, I do believe that the 4 wheelers have a real good idea of what can happen to them if they are involved in a wreck with a big truck. They may not know all about the operation of a big truck. But they know that a truck that is ten times larger and heavier than they are can be deadly. They see the wrecks on our road ways and in the papers and on the news. They are not with out the knowledge. They are wrapped up in there own little world doing everything but concentrating on driving. Most have a total lack of courtesy on our roads never mind around big trucks. They are not thinking, Will I make it to point A with out getting killed. And they should be.

I'll train ya!!!! I aint scared of the dark...... Did my first one last night in the snow and that passenger seat just don't give you the same pucker factor effect.....

You can come train me. I don't have a passenger seat but I will put a milk crate there for you. You can hold my coffee. We will do it the "O" safe way.:hysterical:

You can come train me. I don't have a passenger seat but I will put a milk crate there for you. You can hold my coffee. We will do it the "O" safe way.:hysterical:

well I'll hold the coffee and rub your feet but...the company has to put a seat in truck if it used for training purposes.....Kind of cool how when big brother tells them to do something it....Well anyway....

What does UPSF teach in the three day driver safety classes that takes three eight hour days to learn? What goes on in the classes?

First off, welcome to the boards 5thwheel!!!

As for class, Day 1, The proper use of duct tape.
Day 2, Bailing wire fixes for beginers.
Day 3, How to open your box of reflective breakdown triangles while smoking a butt!!! :hysterical: