Estes | pay raises

I've always felt the city guys are a bit underpaid compared to us linehaul guys. Dealing with the public, the customer, being "the face of Estes" and the general work involved -- to me make the job just as valuable as moving the stuff to another terminal.

I've always felt the city guys are a bit underpaid compared to us linehaul guys. Dealing with the public, the customer, being "the face of Estes" and the general work involved -- to me make the job just as valuable as moving the stuff to another terminal.
me too! However I've worked the city in a couple different terminals. The difference was night and day and the pay was just a few pennies of each other. It's a little mind boggling how close the yarddogs pay is to a city driver.

That's why you have people jumping ship to go linehaul.. Pay was never a problem for me, it was the double standard thingy they want to shove down your throat.. I just called management dumbasses for even looking my way. Y'all still having to run a weekend a month?

Good.. I remember those days... Let'em do it while they are young, because it sure won't last...
I'm not that old but I've gotten to that point too. Besides if you gross anymore than $1500, uncle Sam will bend you over and not gently either. I'm ok grossing 1200-1500 don't have an extravagant lifestyle to support so it's plenty for me.

I'm not that old but I've gotten to that point too. Besides if you gross anymore than $1500, uncle Sam will bend you over and not gently either. I'm ok grossing 1200-1500 don't have an extravagant lifestyle to support so it's plenty for me.
Keep it that way my brutha, cause next tax year, brutha Obama is jack us up another 10%, you can take it to the bank..

Here in Fontana our city guys get 26.50. Fedex Freight city guys get 26.75 i believe. Pretty competitive in that category except OT. When FedEx got paid mileage they were at 65cpm. We get 60cpm. If u ask me LH is underpaid. City drivers can do LH runs but we can't do city runs. Go figure.

Here in Fontana our city guys get 26.50. Fedex Freight city guys get 26.75 i believe. Pretty competitive in that category except OT. When FedEx got paid mileage they were at 65cpm. We get 60cpm. If u ask me LH is underpaid. City drivers can do LH runs but we can't do city runs. Go figure.

Hello there Fontana line driver.

Extraboard 54.5 cpm. Linehaul / combo mileage is 53.25 cpm. Don't know what city guys make.

1.25 cpm raises every 6 months. Top out in 3 years.

Is that every were. I was quoted at 51 cm as a combo driver in Indiana area. But the guy wasn't completely sure though. I think he said 19.50 hr when doing dock work.

Thanks for info.. only thing I got left is road test. I will be fine after the first few miles to get used to driving a stick since it's been 2 1/2 years. It might be bumpy when I can't find my gear when downshifting and jamming it into 7th gear because I took to long.

Here at 017 in NC we must be really getting screwed we only at 25.05 and line is .62.

East LH pay is 61.25 and xboard pay is 62.5. West is about a penny higher and $2 more the drop and hook.

Pretty sure the cost of living difference is a little more than the $30 or so a week those guys out west are getting.