Yellow | purchased transportation

I just had major abdominal surgery, as soon as I feel like walking to my car and getting my logbook I'll post the MOU. That's where I keep every mailing of proposed MOUs that changed the terms of the NMFA. But I have a question for EVERYONE who keeps asking what does the MOU say. Why didn't you retain YOUR copy??? You know, the one the UNION mailed to you????
IMO, each and every one of you who did not keep YOUR copy of the proposed MOU are a BIGGER problem than anything YRCW has done! YOU ARE THE TEAMSTERS! And brothers and sisters, you're going to have to grow up and act accordingly.

:smiliewhs: :1036316054: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thank you Albag....hope you are doing better....I have posted it here several times and on the facebook pages....if you want a copy PM me you email address and I will send you one......KK

CRST has single axle freightliners.Just like the single axle freightliners YRC has.The CRST tractors have a designated tractor number such as YR####.These teams run the same designated lanes as do our sleeper teams at 511 irving.On a regular scheduled run.We see the same CRST team at the end of the week beginning of the week and in the middle.Why aren't the extra board drivers allowed to bid on those regularly scheduled CRST team runs? This freight is not newly generated freight accounts nor is it overflow. (Per MOU 2014)

CRST has single axle freightliners.Just like the single axle freightliners YRC has.The CRST tractors have a designated tractor number such as YR####.These teams run the same designated lanes as do our sleeper teams at 511 irving.On a regular scheduled run.We see the same CRST team at the end of the week beginning of the week and in the middle.Why aren't the extra board drivers allowed to bid on those regularly scheduled CRST team runs? This freight is not newly generated freight accounts nor is it overflow. (Per MOU 2014)
Good ??'s, is your BA asking them ?

Good ??'s, is your BA asking them ?
SF, the biggest problem is people reading what they want to see, NOT the actual contractual language.
vix) To preserve and/or grow existing road boards, each time YRC Freight uses purchased transportation providers to run over the top of linehaul domicile terminal locations and/or relay domiciles, said dispatches shall be counted as supplemental or replacement runs, as applicable, for purposes of calculating the requirement to add new employees to the road board. The formula for recalling or adding employees to the affected road board shall be thirty (30) supplemental runs in a sixty (60) day period. The only two exceptions to this condition are (a) one-time business opportunities (such as product launches), and (b) runs to avoid empties.

I just had major abdominal surgery, as soon as I feel like walking to my car and getting my logbook I'll post the MOU. That's where I keep every mailing of proposed MOUs that changed the terms of the NMFA. But I have a question for EVERYONE who keeps asking what does the MOU say. Why didn't you retain YOUR copy??? You know, the one the UNION mailed to you????
IMO, each and every one of you who did not keep YOUR copy of the proposed MOU are a BIGGER problem than anything YRCW has done! YOU ARE THE TEAMSTERS! And brothers and sisters, you're going to have to grow up and act accordingly.
Hope you have a speedy recovery!

SF, the biggest problem is people reading what they want to see, NOT the actual contractual language.
vix) To preserve and/or grow existing road boards, each time YRC Freight uses purchased transportation providers to run over the top of linehaul domicile terminal locations and/or relay domiciles, said dispatches shall be counted as supplemental or replacement runs, as applicable, for purposes of calculating the requirement to add new employees to the road board. The formula for recalling or adding employees to the affected road board shall be thirty (30) supplemental runs in a sixty (60) day period. The only two exceptions to this condition are (a) one-time business opportunities (such as product launches), and (b) runs to avoid empties.
Al, I don't know what's going on @ 511. I know we are using eol p&d drivers almost everyday to supplement the road operation @ 135. There isn't anyone sitting home over rest, heck we barely have an extra board at all. We are forcing cdl holders on the dock into the yard and using yard for p&d. We are over at HACC handing out business cards to the driving school grads. I met another new face from Maybrook in Deer Park last night. Deer Park works inbound every Sat. because they would be blown away if they waited for 23:00 Sun. night
Long story short, even if the Company wanted to start a Team Op. again @ 135 and do away with CRST, Schneider and who ever else, we couldn't fill the seats...period.

Red circle exta board driver's should file on there average weeks pay been getting paid for it in Akron

Specifically citing language in the appropriate clause of the MOU, would you restate the point you are trying to make?
I want to add that protection is for the "average week". Are any of the 511 drivers filing? This is also about servicing customers. Dispatches are scheduled to customer requirements, not driver preference.

Al, I don't know what's going on @ 511. I know we are using eol p&d drivers almost everyday to supplement the road operation @ 135. There isn't anyone sitting home over rest, heck we barely have an extra board at all. We are forcing cdl holders on the dock into the yard and using yard for p&d. We are over at HACC handing out business cards to the driving school grads. I met another new face from Maybrook in Deer Park last night. Deer Park works inbound every Sat. because they would be blown away if they waited for 23:00 Sun. night
Long story short, even if the Company wanted to start a Team Op. again @ 135 and do away with CRST, Schneider and who ever else, we couldn't fill the seats...period.
Think that has anything to do with the starting mileage being so low?

years ago on the dock the rule was they could work casual dock when ever they wanted too. but if they worked them same times every day they had to put up bids . so they made sure they would switch casuals around .some would work 3 weeks 7:30 am and 1 week 23:00 .and they other group just the opposite ,that meant they were working guys every day 7:30 and 23:00 but since they were not the same guys they didnt have to post new bids .
to me it sounds like they are doing pretty much the same thing with this purchased power .
sure they are in complete compliance ,letter of the mou . imo

Think that has anything to do with the starting mileage being so low?

The LTL that you're at now isn't having any trouble hiring in Hsbg. It's wages, pension, equip., attitude and in general not realizing what the job is all about (having a clue). They can't l paper log, they say we had e-logs at school. In short, many different metrics at play. What's this ? a stick ! we had automatics at school. Brooklyn, I'm not going to Brooklyn ! 2 hr.work call, no, I need another 90 mins.

I think that, in general, trucking's ability to attract and retain adequately qualified drivers is more complex than just starting wages.
However, I've always felt that the whole two tiered wage progression system needs to be re-examined.
Agreed Al, complex indeed.

LB, as long as YRCF is in technical compliance there is not much the IBT can do. The MOU does provide language to add drivers as volumes increase. I do additionally believe that any affected drivers should be responsible for vigorously monitoring and enforcing the rules regarding PTS.

well we all know they would stick to the letter of the laws . and maybe push it too . if they get away with it its up to each person to call them on it . dont expect some one else to do it for you.
remember when this was 1st brought up every one saying " they will never do it " then when they started using outsiders it was said that it was only because we were short on drivers ..
I remember guys taking pictures and showing guys they were using non unions drivers and some people calling them liars an troublemakers for bringing it up because " they cant do that " .
next time maybe people should pay more attention when the company wants you to vote to give your jobs away

LB, if Hoffa truly wants impress me. He would have to demand and get the vacations restored. That single benefit carries such little cost to YRCW that instead of achieving O/R bonuses our vacations could be restored. And it would have an additional benefit. Improved moral throughout the system.

LB, if Hoffa truly wants impress me. He would have to demand and get the vacations restored. That single benefit carries such little cost to YRCW that instead of achieving O/R bonuses our vacations could be restored. And it would have an additional benefit. Improved moral throughout the system.

I want my
In the western region we want back into the PENSION, 10% Back in wages and that week of vacation, and no more purchased transportation! !!