Yellow | Question on uniforms

dBS5UBj.jpg

I want to see the uniform, now and I mean now! Then I will make the decision as to weather you can wear them or not. :rulz:

Reactions: ESP
TZ5Ycjq.jpg

Or, they are offering this one !!!!!
Decisions, decisions...they had to go and muck it up with options. Just one is all that's needed, here it is now wear it. ABF is doing the same thing (not sure about the options though). They have to spend spend spend if they don't want to give that money to us lowly indigents in the form of a bonus. Take our money and buy our clothes, what's next?

WGFCyFe.jpg

OK......believe it or not, but they are coming.

The picture of them is added to this thread....blue pants...khaki shirt...blue coat....the guys saw them in Charlotte last week.

They are being approved right now by the IBT Committee....I suggest you talk to them....BUT....they are ONLY going by what has been voted on since 1964....NMFA Article 12!.....KK

WGFCyFe.jpg

OK......believe it or not, but they are coming.

The picture of them is added to this thread....blue pants...khaki shirt...blue coat....the guys saw them in Charlotte last week.

They are being approved right now by the IBT Committee....I suggest you talk to them....BUT....they are ONLY going by what has been voted on since 1964....NMFA Article 12!.....KK
They don't look all that bad. Khaki shirt beats orange IMO.

Beating down morale for the past 5+ years, is an excellent time to lower morale to the depths of hell and control the rest of the infidels with uniforms!

Beating down morale for the past 5+ years, is an excellent time to lower morale to the depths of hell and control the rest of the infidels with uniforms!
I also heard that Jimmy, and Jim agreed to let them place a chip in the material so they can keep an eye on us, and not have to look at TB all the time to (hear) what we have to say !!!!!

NMFA Article 12 language has been much of the same back to my 1988 contract book....the only changes over that time are in bold print on this post.

The Company has to submit to the IBT a sample of the uniform to be approved by the IBT because of the IBT logo being applied. They have to approve the uniform, and must be union made if possible....If we have to wear them, we should push the UNION MADE label to be applied....KK

ARTICLE 12. UNIFORMS

Before the Employer purchases uniforms, it must present a sample of the material for the uniforms to the Union for approval. If the sample material type is not used in the finished uniforms, the Union employees are under no obligation to wear the uniforms. The Union’s approval shall not be unreasonably withheld.

The Employer agrees that if any employee is required to wear any kind of uniform as a condition of his/her continued employment, such uniform shall be furnished and maintained by the Employer, free of charge, at the standard required by the Employer. Said uniforms shall be made in the United States by union vendors, if possible, and will have the Teamster emblem appropriately applied. The Employer shall replace all clothing, glasses, hearing aids and/or dentures not covered by company insurance or worker’s compensation which are destroyed or damaged in a wreck or fire with company equipment.

The Employer has the right to establish and maintain reasonable standards for wearing apparel and personal grooming. The following provisions shall govern the wearing of shorts, unless the Employer and Local Union has a prior existing practice: During the period May 1, through September 30, employees shall be allowed to wear appropriate shorts, subject to the guidelines set forth herein. Appropriate shorts shall be defined as walking or Bermuda style shorts with at least two (2) pockets and belt loops and which cannot be shorter than two (2) inches above the knee, properly hemmed at the bottom and of a conservative basic solid color, (black, blue, brown or green). Socks and appropriate foot wear must be worn at all times. Short shorts, cut offs, unhemmed, athletic, gym, biking, spandex and calf length shorts shall not be allowed.
e

The union should poll members, If members reject uniforms the Union just does not approve of uniform material no matter what is offered.

Is it just me or does it seem like there is more hysteria over uniforms than over the pension issues? UPS has required uniforms for probably close to 100 years already. No wonder unions are more and more out of favor with the public.

Is it just me or does it seem like there is more hysteria over uniforms than over the pension issues? UPS has required uniforms for probably close to 100 years already. No wonder unions are more and more out of favor with the public.
It's just you!!! LOL!!