Yellow | Question on uniforms

Seems like the priority should be getting the correct name of the company on all the equipment and not dressing the employees.
I wonder if the uniforms will say YRC/YELLOW/ROADWAY on them like their junk equipment?

Careful, might say "Cintas Uniform Rental".

Seems like the priority should be getting the correct name of the company on all the equipment and not dressing the employees.
I wonder if the uniforms will say YRC/YELLOW/ROADWAY on them like their junk equipment?
It will depend on which patches they supply you! I'm just hoping I don't get RedStar or Dugan! god knows they must have a warehouse full of those patches!

It will depend on which patches they supply you! I'm just hoping I don't get RedStar or Dugan! god knows they must have a warehouse full of those patches!

Those are collectors items and get a good price on eBay just like my Cooper-Jarrett, Pilot, St. Johnsbury, Carolina, CF, Maislin, Walsh, Eastern Freightways, Schuster, Holmes, CEX and Ryder/PIE patches. Hmm, I wonder if my old pay stubs from all of them are worth anything as collectibles?

PS - Forgot to include the UPS, Roadway, Yellow, ABF, New Penn and YRCF pay stubs.

Last edited:
Those are collectors items and get a good price on eBay just like my Cooper-Jarrett, Pilot, St. Johnsbury, Carolina, CF, Maislin, Walsh, Eastern Freightways, Schuster, Holmes, CEX and Ryder/PIE patches. Hmm, I wonder if my old pay stubs from all of them are worth anything as collectibles?

PS - Forgot to include the UPS, Roadway, Yellow, ABF, New Penn and YRCF pay stubs.
Seems like you had a hard time holding on to a job there driver?:438: :6817: :lmao: :hide: :stirthepot:

At a time when every spare dime should be spent on equipment these people are spending on every trinket and gimmick out there instead.
Did they bring zollars back?
Picture yourself owning a business. Would you think it is a good practice to have your employees look the part they are playing?

Maybe I'm naive, but bare with me. I have never had any customer in the last forty yrs. say ....wow, that sure is a nice new tractor and trailer you have, what yr. are they. Well groomed, neat clean attire, a smile, small talk and yes sir/mam, thank you sir/mam, whatever you need me to do sir/mam. This is what grows our business, along with keeping our service promises. Think about it.

Maybe I'm naive, but bare with me. I have never had any customer in the last forty yrs. say ....wow, that sure is a nice new tractor and trailer you have, what yr. are they. Well groomed, neat clean attire, a smile, small talk and yes sir/mam, thank you sir/mam, whatever you need me to do sir/mam. This is what grows our business, along with keeping our service promises. Think about it.
Whaaaaaaaaat???????? Courtesy and well dressed, at the same time???? :duh: In Chicago our customers won't even talk to us until they inspect our low mileage, late model equipment. :smilie93c peelout:And it had better be detailed with LOTS of Armor All. And heaven forbid there aren't any of those hanging air fresheners! :hilarious:

Happy Saturday, Sugarfoot. :smilies 19296:

Picture yourself owning a business. Would you think it is a good practice to have your employees look the part they are playing?
My clothes never stopped Roadway from making money. When I'm standing on a customers dock in my uniform and they are loading their freight into the rusted out remains of a trailer I'm sure they will be impressed.

I have had just the opposite. Many customers have commented on the condition of the trailers and even say they point them out to their family and friends when driving down the road. Never had a single person mention my appearance.

I have had just the opposite. Many customers have commented on the condition of the trailers and even say they point them out to their family and friends when driving down the road. Never had a single person mention my appearance.

I've had lots of people point at me going down the road. Usually though it's not with their index finger.

Sugarfoot, you just lost a good portion of the folks on here when you used that word (the first one in the last sentence). :smile new:

Yea Roady, I had a rough time in trucking. Lots of outfits shut their doors after dealing with me. Could it have been something I said? :smile new:

I've had lots of people point at me going down the road. Usually though it's not with their index finger.

Sugarfoot, you just lost a good portion of the folks on here when you used that word (the first one in the last sentence). :smile new:

I knew a gal that made loads of money without any clothes, but that's a topic for another day.
On a roll aren't ya!

Whaaaaaaaaat???????? Courtesy and well dressed, at the same time???? :duh: In Chicago our customers won't even talk to us until they inspect our low mileage, late model equipment. :smilie93c peelout:And it had better be detailed with LOTS of Armor All. And heaven forbid there aren't any of those hanging air fresheners! :hilarious:

Happy Saturday, Sugarfoot. :smilies 19296:
He can't help it Bag, being from Jersey.

My clothes never stopped Roadway from making money. When I'm standing on a customers dock in my uniform and they are loading their freight into the rusted out remains of a trailer I'm sure they will be impressed.
Never knew aluminum could rust?????

Please tell me you did not work for all of those outfits. You have a history of ? If you have, then do not retire or they will kill the pension all together. :hide::hilarious: