Yellow | Question on uniforms

XgTuWRg.jpg
Western conference always seems to be well organized.

No, we were talking about the original thread here and I was asked if I read it. Yes & I was referring to the article 12 in 1988.
I am well aware of contracts that have been signed over the years. It's been a long time since the last one was agreed upon by the company & the rank & file. The extensions just keep coming and there has been so many mou's and backdoor agreements that none of us really know what the real work rules really are. Where is the updated contract book?
As far as my personal grievances, how about the article in our contract that states any costs incurred for shall be born by the company. I don't have the exact article # in front of me. Isn't getting fingerprinted by the Dept of Homeland Security part of the identification process everytime I must get my hazmat endorsement? I must have this to work for yrc. Why aren't they paying for the background check and why isn't the union forcing them?

Another article states all days off work due to accident or injury shall count as days worked as it may pertain to vacations. I was denied & forced to work all summer w no time off. Its like the union is letting the company do whatever they want.
If there are still work rules why doesn't the union uphold those that benefit it's members & not just the company?

OK, the way you phrased your initial post it seemed as though you haven't seen a contract book since 1988.

What do you mean "it's a long time since the last one was agreed upon by the company & the rank & file"? Everything in any of the contracts or modifications has been voted on and agreed to by the rank & file, most recently a year or so ago. You're not making any sense here. Backdoor agreements? What on earth are you talking about? We voted, don't you remember?

Fees for your CDL renewal never have been paid for by the company. That's each individuals responsibility. The fingerprint requirement is just like the license requirement, your responsibility. FAST card fees are paid by the company last time I checked because that's a specific requirement for the company. Hazmat endorsement is on your CDL and can be used anywhere.

If there are some issues locally where you feel you've been wronged then see your BA and file on it. Otherwise what's the point of just complaining on here?

Last edited:
By the way, what is the date on all of your books?

Anytime I worked under a Teamster contract I got copies of the current contract. I have them going back to the early 1970's. If my steward didn't have copies I went to the hall and got them. As a road driver I even got copies of contracts in the areas I ran into just to see for myself what the conditions were in those surrounding areas. Never hurts to be as informed as you can be.

I have not had or seen a vote since we voted for the give back of 15% in which I said hell no to.
Which means we had no say in the latest agreement.We lose territory and sub it out to non union contractors. Who voted for this crap?

OK, the way you phrased your initial post it seemed as thought you haven't seen a contract book since 1988.

What do you mean "it's a long time since the last one was agreed upon by the company & the rank & file"? Everything in any of the contracts or modifications has been voted on and agreed to by the rank & file, most recently a year or so ago. You're not making any sense here. Backdoor agreements? What on earth are you talking about? We voted, don't you remember?

Fees for your CDL renewal never have been paid for by the company. That's each individuals responsibility. The fingerprint requirement is just like the license requirement, your responsibility. FAST card fees are paid by the company last time I checked because that's a specific requirement for the company. Hazmat endorsement is on your CDL and can be used anywhere.

If there are some issues locally where you feel you've been wronged then see your BA and file on it. Otherwise what's the point of just complaining on here?

Why not, Joe Namath did a long time ago. :smile new:
I actually tried wearing pantyhose as another layer of clothing while working the dock in the winter. I read or heard they would help keep you warmer. Didn't make a difference.

07VpxUC.jpg

I have not had or seen a vote since we voted for the give back of 15% in which I said hell no to.
Which means we had no say in the latest agreement.We lose territory and sub it out to non union contractors. Who voted for this crap?

I actually tried wearing pantyhose as another layer of clothing while working the dock in the winter. I read or heard they would help keep you warmer. Didn't make a difference.
Did you wear them under your pants? Or over your head ???? It does make a difference !!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: mud