FedEx Freight | Raise!!!!!

yea give raise to cut runs and give to railroad and give shine wheels more loads .i gotta a thought lets go the other way ill take a pay cut for more work any day . oh never mind that was american freight . why pay more when struggling every day to make money .get rid of the this crap and pay us in line with the freight gee ,end this comunisiam lol

Heard we are getting. 30 cents too! We are already making $1 less an hour than terminals only 40 miles from us! We are a large center producing over 1.2 million pounds of outbound nightly, but earn less money than a 20 door center 40 miles away!

I don't understand the different pay scales. Median home price in the city our center is located is $246k. The center making $1 more is $176k. How do they qualify to earn more? :confused:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Heard we are getting. 30 cents too! We are already making $1 less an hour than terminals only 40 miles from us! We are a large center producing over 1.2 million pounds of outbound nightly, but earn less money than a 20 door center 40 miles away!

I don't understand the different pay scales. Median home price in the city our center is located is $246k. The center making $1 more is $176k. How do they qualify to earn more? :confused:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Skippy, you heard wrong!! I heard we're gettin' 32 cents per mile and $7.00 per hour raise because Fred reads the boards and he's scared of Hoffa and crew! We're all gonna be rich b******!!! Woo Hoo!!! I'm buying a Ferrari thanks to the Union!!! Who needs a pension when I'm doing my best Eddie Murphy impression from "Beverly Hills Cops"???

Plus, we get free flights on all airlines to Hawaii, Bermuda and lot's of other great destinations!! Let's sit together on the beach and sip mai tai's!!! We can toast Hoffa!!! Both senior and junior!!! I'm bettin' Hoffa and Fred sit around Washington in a swanky bar, drinkin' MacAllan 30 year old scotch ($900 per bottle) and figure out how to F us over!!! Send me a PM, we'll figure out when to comiserate in the bahama's....

ST

Last edited by a moderator:
yea give raise to cut runs and give to railroad and give shine wheels more loads .i gotta a thought lets go the other way ill take a pay cut for more work any day . oh never mind that was american freight . why pay more when struggling every day to make money .get rid of the this crap and pay us in line with the freight gee ,end this comunisiam lol

Were you on Qualudes when you wrote this? Or just dislexic?

moedog62 said:
I believe it is based on cost of living for the area. I work out of a hub and we are at 23.35 hr& .59cpm. the outlying centers around us are at the lower rate

That's the problem we have. The county the center is in and the surrounding counties have a higher cost of living but the other counties have a lot lower COL.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Chicago area city drivers are getting $.30 going from 24.40 to 24.70 a 1.25% raise
the road drivers are getting .0155 going from .60 to .6155 a 2.5% raise
I don't get why the road would get twice the percentage as the city.

Chicago area city drivers are getting $.30 going from 24.40 to 24.70 a 1.25% raise

Because when a road driver drives more than 8 hours, he still gets the same mileage, and when a road driver does other tasks besides driving he's on straight time no matter how many hours he has worked. "Hello" TP retired road driver

Because when a road driver drives more than 8 hours, he still gets the same mileage, and when a road driver does other tasks besides driving he's on straight time no matter how many hours he has worked. "Hello" TP retired road driver

Since we have 2 hubs that are 50 miles or less, we have had road drivers working the dock on our out bound, at the hub and then come back and work our inbound. I have seen road drivers with more time on the clock then city drivers. The brass allowed them to work over 40 hours on the clock in addition to their milage. I'm sure it doesn't happen alot but yes some road drivers get OT. A road driver running a 600 mile turn will earn $406.35 in roughly 12 hours. A city driver working 12 hours would earn $345.80. So your road drivers deserve more because they don't get time and a half doesn't hold water

Guys just remember this is what the company likes animosity amongst the ranks! !!! And yet again they achieved that!!!

I'm not sure where you came up with the figure of 406.35, 600X60 is 360.00 bucks. First of all we don't have that many 600 mile runs. Tucson Az has some, but they don't make anything close to 60 cents a mile. California line drivers are probably among the highest paid in the company, but we don't have any 600 mile runs because of the speed limit. Local drivers get paid for the hours they work, line drivers don't make any money until the wheels turn, and most of them work nights.

chitownpeddler said:

Because they dont give a crap about the city.

Because they dont give a crap about the city.

I'll give FedEx credit on this one.

They have seen the writing on the wall. Contrary to what the ATA spews there is a shortage of qualified drivers, especially those willing to work nights.

The Comprehensive Safety Analysis (CSA)...financial liability...and any number of issues has dwindled the pool of drivers that meet the qualifications set forth by these companies.

The LTL industry is in trouble. The amount of people willing to do this job is far less now than just a few years ago. This due in part to a restructuring of the way the large OTR companies operate. Back in the day the OTR concerns hired drivers...sent them out for weeks at a time...with no guarantee of home time. Their turnover rate was astounding...burnout rates were always high.

They too have seen the writing on the wall. By their own admission they have had to change the way they operate to attract qualified talent. They are now basing their operations on dedicated freight...this allows them to set schedules...determine home times...appease potential candidates. They had to do this to survive. The OTRs are facing a shortage as well...or go out of business.

P&D peeps put up with a lot of crap...I did for almost a decade...will not do it again. Too much BS for the old Rat...as far as I am concerned it isn't worth the hassle. There are those willing to tolerate the idiocy of P&D for the benefit of being home nights with the family...seeing the kids grow...attending the functions associated with familial environs...sleeping in a bed during the night as opposed to hustling freight all night long.

These type of folks are not hard to find if qualified.

The inverse is a bit different.

There are not a lot of folks willing to be road drivers. Working nights...being away from the family...not being able to attend functions and get togethers as others do. It is hard on relationships...damn hard on marriages. Even worse on the children.

Nobody wants to do this. They tolerate it. But most would much rather have a real life if given the choice. I know I would. One day off a week...constantly tired due to being out of sync with your circadian rhythms...all the while being expected to be perky on your day off.

The new generation of driver is "all about me and what I want" or more accurately..."what can you do for me?"

These companies know this...they play the game of trying to eliminate benefit costs by being more than willing to terminate drivers with years of seniority so they can replace them with new hires at lower costs.

All the while teetering on the edge of being able to attract qualified replacement drivers. It is a dangerous game.

For the moment the numbers are in the favor of the companies...but that is rapidly changing. Nobody wants to be a road driver if given the choice.

Nobody wants to work the dock. Everybody wants meet and turns...hub turns...dock options.

And the writing on the wall says otherwise. There seems to be a concerted effort by this fine company to eliminate the aforementioned. Purchase trailer this...purchase trailer that.

In the end all that will be left is shuttle work.

They have seen the writing on the wall. There is little choice in the matter...pay your road drivers well...and do your best to attract the qualified talent they so desperately desire.

Time will tell.

Rat

Rat, I agree with your post wholeheartedly. Well said. When I first became a road driver 30 years ago, I asked a 35 year Willig Freight driver how long it took to get used to working nights. He told me he'd call if he ever did. He retired a couple of years later, having never called. I've come to the conclusion you never get used to working nights, you just get used to feeling like ****!!!

ST